Anyone Strike It Rich With RCCL?

Thanks for giving me a chance to brag about my one and only stock purchase ever!

I bought 100 shares at $5.96/share - against the advice of my broker.

It climbed almost immediately up to about $12.00/share. I started kicking myself for having bought a measly 100 shares. I was only looking for the stock holder discounts, so I bought the minimum. How stupid was that??

A dive in the overall stock market pushed the stock down to $10.45/share and I scooped up another 100 shares.

So, if you're doing the math, I'm up $1,004 on the original purchase and $555 on the second purchase for a total profit of $1,559 over the course of about two months.

Do I wish I'd bought more? You bet I do!!! I wish I'd bought 500 shares back at $5.96/share!!!!

Am I happy I ignored my broker's advice? HECK YEAH!!!

Sorry, but you don't strike it rich unless you sell your stock. Otherwise it's just something to make you feel warm and fuzzy, and unless you bought thousands of shares, it's not that huge of a gain just yet (though the % is nice). Besides, if you bought last month and sold today, the IRS would love you. ;)

Sorry, but you don't strike it rich unless you sell your stock. Otherwise it's just something to make you feel warm and fuzzy, and unless you bought thousands of shares, it's not that huge of a gain just yet (though the % is nice). Besides, if you bought last month and sold today, the IRS would love you. ;)

All depends on the tax bracket...of course what percentage pays 0%...in which case the profit would be all for the buyer of the stock... Of course many on here probably would owe more under short term gains than capital gains taxes....

We bought our 100 shares at $41.00. Happy to sea it's coming back.

Rick and Deirdra

I right with you. :(

At least I get to combine my share holders discount with my on board credit because I bought and booked prior to Dec 2008.

Denise

Maybe your Krispey Kreme could do better if your KK and RCL would co brand and have a KK shop on Oasis. There is already a Donut Shop on Oasis, but is not branded. Hey, KK and RCL, can you all get together?

R & D

Archived