Travelling to USA in 2010 and would love some help.

Brossy

There is a very good outlet mall in Barstow. It will be on your drive from Las Vegas to CA. It is about half way so it makes a good place to stop, shop and have lunch (In n Out is a very popular burger place and there is one by the outlet mall).

Jen in SoCal

Hi kenish

Sorry to sound naive but what is a "HOV" lane?

Which weekday would be best to go to Universal? We are staying in Anaheim Monday - Friday. Long Beach - Saturday as the cruise is on Sunday.

I think we'll go to the factory outlets near Las Vegas as we have two ful days in Vegas. Is there any outlets closer to Anaheim than the one that was mentioned?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

I'm back asking a few more questions again ;). I really help someone can answer these for me.

Well we have just over 4 months to go until we fly out and most of our plans have now been finalised thanks to all the wonderful information that you guys have provided for me. I just need to sort out our last day and then i'm good to go :D.

So our cruise on Mariner of the Seas gets in around 7am on Sunday 7th November. Our flight back to Australia isn't until 10.30pm. Now we have a lot of time to fill in before our flight so I was thinking we might take the RCCL tour of Los Angeles but the tour is only 3 hours long. Assuming the tour finishes at 12.00 it still leaves at least 7 hours before we can check in for our flight (we can only check in 3 hours before). Is there anywhere we can leave our luggage or would I need to check into an airport hotel and get them to hold our luggage?

If I do take the hotel option it would be nice to relax and have a shower etc before our flight. We don't want to spend a huge amount on an airport hotel if we choose this option so what would be the best hotel to stay at? Do they have a free shuttle over to LAX? Do they have a pool/jacuzzi for the kids to swim in to kill some time? Are there any shops near LAX that we could visit to kill some time?

Another question, how far is Universal Studios to LAX? Does Universal offer a return pass - what I mean is, if we have visited the previous week is it possible to purchase a cheaper ticket so we could return again a second time? Just sorting out some possibilities for killing some time.

Sorry about all the questions, but with a long haul flight ahead of us I want to make sure that the kids are well worn out before the flight so they can sleep on the plane.

Archived