Equinox Summer 2010

kruzgal

Hi! Does anyone know the itineraries for Equinox Summer 2010? I am not worried about prices at the moment - just want the dates and ports of call. I have rung Celebrity UK this afternoon but they say they haven't been told yet. Thanks.

Hi! Does anyone know the itineraries for Equinox Summer 2010? I am not worried about prices at the moment - just want the dates and ports of call. I have rung Celebrity UK this afternoon but they say they haven't been told yet. Thanks.

It's on the Celebritycruises.com website. Just plug in Equinox and the month you desire to go. No pricing as of yet.

Equinox will be doing the Solstice itineraries. They decided to keep Solstice in the Caribbean. If you can't find them for next year, look at SL's itineraries for this year

Thanks for the tip!

Hi Thanks for all the replies. I have to say I am still really confused. When I looked on a UK TA website it still has the old itineraries on there. Equinox was doing a 12 night on August 5th from Barcelona to Venice (Nice;Florence;Rome;Naples;Santorini;Athens;Dubrovnik) and Solstice was doing a 10 night on August 6th from Rome (Sicily;Athens;Mykonos;Ephesus;Rhodes;Santorini;Naples). On Celebrity dot com it is now showing August 6th 10 night Equinox from Rome to Venice (Naples;Santorini;Ephesus;Athens;Corfu;Dubrovnik;Venice)? Also there are no other cruises listed for August but there are 3 in September and 3 in July - I just can't work it out!

We were booked transatlantic April 2010 on Eqiunox we have been told today that new itineraries are out on Celebritycruises.com but we can't rebook until all the Solstice passengers have been transferred over to the new ship but it will be happening shortly , people with Equinox bookings will be offered the new itineraries hav'nt got this in writing yet but apparently its on its way , we shall see !! :)

Hi folks! New to Cruise Critic, first post.

We were booked on Equinox for May 13, 2010 Venice/Barcelona. When Celebrity cancelled it, our TA called Celebrity for us and asked if we could be transferred to the new Rome/Rome cruise May 14, 2010. That was on Monday May 4th. Got confirmation and invoice from TA next day. This is a 10 day instead of 12 so it was about $700.00 cheaper Canadian.

Lots of confusion about booking but we didn't have any problem. Hope this helps.

When will Equinox Med 2010 open for bookings again? Anyone knows? Web site still says SOLD OUT

It depends on the date that they gave those previously booked on the Solstice and Equinox to decide if they wanted to switch to the new itineraries. They usually allow them two weeks once they notify them of the change. Once that date is past, they will inventory to make sure what cabins are still available and then open it up for new bookings.

It sounds from other posts and threads on this matter, that those booked on Solstice are getting first crack at switching. I am not sure if they are just cancelling Equinox bookings or offering them the possibility of switching to the new itineraries on Equinox or another Celebrity ship.

We were booked on transatlantic april 19 th 2010 on Equinox this booking has now been cancelled , we have to take up Solstice itinerary [ which is fine ] and rebook at the prevailing rate , which we take to mean the new price , this goes against Celebritys terms and conditions which state if they cancel a cruise the passenger will be offered a new cruise of the same or higher standard and would not pay more than the orginal cruise price . we are confused !!! . Solstice passengers were given first refusal as there itinerary has'nt changed just the ship . would appreciate any in put from fellow cruise critic members :)

Well I was booked on Solstice and I still haven't been notified of any changes!

From what I have read on here I believe we are being switched onto Equinox. I have called my TA 3 times and they still haven't been told by Celebrity, I emailed Celebrity 3 days ago and they haven't replied :( I have no idea whats happening to my booking.

I am fed up with Celebrity UK :mad: if they want to charge more I will book elsewhere :mad:

Hi Kruzgal if you go to the thread that begins UK Cruisers on cancelled cruise May 8th posted by Bremenkat the new Equinox cruises are listed , the new dates have been sent by letter to the people that had already booked on the Equinox , these bookings are now cancelled . I dont think its possible to book the new itineraries yet :rolleyes:

Hi Livylotte Your cruise has only changed ships from the Solstice to the Equinox itinerarys and price havn't changed , its the Equinox cruises that have been cancelled , hope that helps :)

Thanks lauralou, that is what I believe too... but my TA has not heard anything from Celebrity. My itinerary on Solstice dissapeared from Celebrity's site on the 30th April. That was 10 days ago and I've heard nothing.

My TA won't do anything until Celebrity informs them and as far as they are concerned ... nothing has changed. They have told me that 'if' my cruise has been switched to Equinox they cannot guarantee I will get the same cabins or even pay the same price.

I don't want to pay more and the cabins I have booked are really 'the' only cabins I want on this ship. I am dissapointed that people in the US have alread been informed and switched onto Equinox with little or no hassle, whereas we in the UK are still waiting...

Yes kruzgal, it's definitely a mess!!

I would like to know where I stand and I will switch to something else if I am not happy, infact I have decided on another cruise just in case. I have already missed the WOW sale on Royal Caribbean and as each day passes available cabins are going. I would like get this sorted and move on.

For cruisers effected by the recent changes on SL and EQ you will need to speak to the OSU department here on 01932 834243. Each booking will be reviewed on a case by case basis, dependent on the extent of the change, according to the old and new cruise arrangements.

Got this info direct from UK Office today to pass on.

Sorry running out to work...could someone possibly post this also on the UK Cruisers thread...thanks.

Hi Kruzgal if you go to the thread that begins UK Cruisers on cancelled cruise May 8th posted by Bremenkat the new Equinox cruises are listed , the new dates have been sent by letter to the people that had already booked on the Equinox , these bookings are now cancelled . I dont think its possible to book the new itineraries yet :rolleyes:

Thanks for that - I found the list but it still has nothing listed from the August 6th cruise to the cruise at the beginning of September. Because of school holidays this is what we are most interested in. I guess we will just have to wait.

On another note it is interesting that there are very few cruises that actually fit during the UK school holidays from Southampton or the Med next year (apart from the summer hols of course). I have been looking at all cruise lines for Easter, May half term, October half term, and they most seem to require time off school (with the exception of Royal Caribbean) which we won't do. Perhaps this is a deliberate tactic to avoid getting hundreds of children onboard?

I was booked on the Solstice Rome - Rome on Aug. 6, 2010. I had booked directly through Celebrity. I got a call from Celebrity about a week and a half ago. We were switched to the Equinox on Aug. 6, 10 nights, Rome to Venice. Some of the ports are different, but it is ok with us. It was $100 cheaper per person, and they gave us the same cabins ( we have 2 connecting Concierge class balconies).

:mad::mad::mad:

Well that's just great! I don't know when it happened but the prices for Equinox 2010 are now on Celebrity's US site and so is one of my cabins :mad:

Well, no that's not exactly correct it 'was' my cabin on Solstice. Hmmmph! so much for switching people over to the same cabins or holding them back for a period until Solstice cruisers have been informed. I've not had a phone call, an email, a letter ... zilch!

Thanks for the phone number Elizanessie, I can't ring that because I booked with a TA. So it' looks like I've got to make another phone call to my TA (UK's biggest) and give them the number. I would have hoped they'd have this number already but it's doesn't look like it!

No doubt they will tell me they don't know anything about any changes :rolleyes:

Well that's just great! I don't know when it happened but the prices for Equinox 2010 are now on Celebrity's US site and so is one of my cabins :mad:

Well, no that's not exactly correct it 'was' my cabin on Solstice. Hmmmph! so much for switching people over to the same cabins or holding them back for a period until Solstice cruisers have been informed. I've not had a phone call, an email, a letter ... zilch!

Thanks for the phone number Elizanessie, I can't ring that because I booked with a TA. So it' looks like I've got to make another phone call to my TA (UK's biggest) and give them the number. I would have hoped they'd have this number already but it's doesn't look like it!

No doubt they will tell me they don't know anything about any changes :rolleyes:

In case your TA doesnt know what OSU is, they are Operations Support Unit.

Good luck and hope you get it all sorted out very soon...if TA gets stroppy etc tell them you want a conference call with them,Celebrity and yourself set up as you are not happy.

I hope you manage to sort it out as the letter I received said we had to let them know about the options by 15th May. The letter came from Lois Jones head of customer services.

I would have thought if you speak to their OSU unit and quote your booking ref (from the Celebrity X invoice which your travel agent should have given you as confirmation of the booking), that they should be at least able to tell you if a letter was sent to your TA.

if you want I can email you my letter and you can adjust it appropriately and fax it back to them so that you can state what you want. Worth a shot.

Just a quick update. Nothing has been resolved yet. My TA says they sent me a letter detailing my options yesterday (which hasn't arrived). Unfortunately he couldn't confirm what is in the letter as he is in Accrington and the letter was sent from Bradford :rolleyes: (could be the other way round but I wasn't really paying attention!)

He then suggested I ring Celebrity and gave me their phone number :eek: I then suggested HE ring Celebrity, get my cabins on hold until my letter arrives and then give me a call back. He agreed that would be a good idea :rolleyes:

Archived