Alaska cruises for 2010 on Princess site

mii

They weren't there this morning - now they are! Prices are somewhat shocking compared to what's available the rest of this year. I received two quotes I had been waiting on for the 14 day cruise out of Seattle today - thought they were terrible - till I saw the Princess price :-)

When I log on to look at prices for NEXT summer, all of them say something about prices cannot be quoted because it's too close to embarkation date...?? All of them for June, July, and August 2010... Any ideas?

Are you looking at the Emerald, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale? It's not available for booking until May 14th, so that's why prices are not available. Their terminology though needs to be overhauled.

They weren't there this morning - now they are! Prices are somewhat shocking compared to what's available the rest of this year. I received two quotes I had been waiting on for the 14 day cruise out of Seattle today - thought they were terrible - till I saw the Princess price :-)

I was thinking the same thing. Here's hoping they'll be having some price drops in the future

dogdoc2002

They are high, but they should come down. We went ahead and held our stateroom. We can always cancel:rolleyes:

Just realized now that I've got time to really look, the cruisetours aren't available yet- anyone know when they'll be available? We're likely doing a cruise and then on our own in the interior, but we're taking my in-laws too, and wanted to explore all the options.

dogdoc2002

I also booked my 2010 Alaska cruise today because I wanted a specific cabin on the Diamond Princess What happens if the price goes down? Will I need to contact Princess?

I also booked my 2010 Alaska cruise today because I wanted a specific cabin on the Diamond Princess What happens if the price goes down? Will I need to contact Princess?

If you booked directly with Princess, just call them and have them "re-fare" you to the lower price (you can keep your cabin too :D ). I've done this several times in the past.

If you booked with a TA, just call them and ask them to do the same.

Yeah, I noticed that their prices seemed high too, about $500 more pp for 10 day out of San Francisco. But like you, I booked today too but will watch their prices carefully.

I checked a few online sites I use for price comparisons (big discount over Princess pricing) and some of the cruises to Alaska next year are within a couple hundred dollars what they were going for this year. I didn't think they looked all that bad at all. Coarse, this might depend on the length of cruise and timeframe you are looking at also.

The 14 day cruise I booked was several hundred dollars more on the Princess site compared to the same cruise this year. One online site had it almost as low as I got from my TA but didn't offer on board credit :-)

Booked our September 2010 Alaska cruise this morning (Thursday, May 7th). We are going with another couple we met on our 2007 Caribbean cruise who we became friends with. This will be their second cruise. So excited.

If you book a cruise and they lower the price later, do they refund the differance?

If you book a cruise and they lower the price later, do they refund the differance?

If you are booked with Princess and the prices go down before final payment, you just ask them to re-fare. However, you have to follow the prices and ask for it, since they're not going to do it automatically.

Many good TAs will also lower the price if the go down. I have one that notifies me of the change, and others I've had to notify them - but either way it seems to work. Once you make your final payment it's rare (if ever) that anyone will match a lower price.

None of the roundtrip Seattle cruises go to Glacier Bay. Guess I will stick with NCL.

The 14 day round trip on the Royal Princess goes to Glacier Bay - I just booked it this morning!

None of the roundtrip Seattle cruises go to Glacier Bay. Guess I will stick with NCL.

Yes they do for 2010. the Golden for example has some of their weeks that go to glacier bay, check it out.

marilyn

I haven't seen Princess's Alaska prices yet, but you can save quite a bit by booking with a discount travel agency. I saved a lot on my June 2010 Europe cruise on the Crown Princess by booking it with a discounter vs. directly with Princess.

We booked the 7/24 Golden that does go to Glacier Bay. Every other week they alternate Glacier Bay with College Fjord

They alternate with Tracy Arm not College Fjord

Archived