AMA pre/post cruise hotels

kbella

We are going with AMA on Europe's Heartland cruise in September and are staying at The President Hotel in Prague.

They may use more than one hotel. I don't know.

Mom C

Does anyone know which hotel AMA uses in Prague and Budapest? We are planning on doing their "Blue Danube Discovery" cruise in August. Thanks for any input.

We leave for the Amalyra in 2.5 weeks. :) In Budapest we are at the Kepinski Hotel Corvinus; which looks like a great hotel in a great location. In Prague we are at the President. The location doesn't look too bad and the hotel looks quite nice.

Just got back from Amalyra trip from Budapest to Istanbul. In Budapest we were at the Kempinski (very nice) and AMA also uses the Intercontinental there.

Hi LaceyT,

You are the first CCer I have found that has been on the new Amalyra. I hope you enjoyed her. Can you tell who the Cruise Director was? We are hoping that it is the same one we had on our AMA Nile River cruise, Uwe.

Does anyone know which hotel AMA uses in Prague and Budapest? We are planning on doing their "Blue Danube Discovery" cruise in August. Thanks for any input.

We are doing the Carat Hotel in Budapest. Check it out!;)

Dean

We will be on the Amadante in September.

We are staying 3 nights in Budapest at the Golden Stars Dream Apartment. Rated #1 on Trip Advisor. It is right on Vaci Utca which is within walking distance to everything.

In Prague, we are staying at the Crowne Plaza Prague Castle. It is by Strahov Monastery, as well as the castle and Mala Strana. Yes, it is on top of the hill and a tram ride from town, but we are not in the crush of tourists.

Hope this helps.

SSS

• 3 weeks later...

Since my initial posting, I have called my TA and AMA and was given 2 different answers. TA says the Prague hotel will be The President and AMA says it will be Intercontinental(AMA Budapest to Prague 8/17). I will be making my own hotel arrangements and was hoping to use the same hotel as the cruise tour uses as I am taking the AMA coach from Nuremberg to Prague at the end of the cruise and didn't want the baggage transfer ordeal.

Luckily, it appears that both hotels are within the same block so maybe DH and I won't have to schlep the bags too far regardless of which hotel becomes the final destination.

Archived