Just off the Pearl - SMASHING

BeadBabe

No prizes :cool:

Other than you get to gloat that you figured it out! :D

I do love to gloat, and that doesn't take any space in the suitcase. :) Probably don't need prizes anyway. I still have two sports bottles with the fabric/rubber cushy surround thing, plus similar one for cans, from my last NCL cruise 6 years ago that I never used. Won those playing Pictionary or trivia or something like that.

You were on a long cruise. How did Simon keep you busy? Did you do participate in any other activities where prizes were awarded?

BTW, were were you the murderer?

YEP SMASHING !

We sailed in October 2007 from Miami (and yes it was VERY EASY). Simon is great and it was absolutely spotless then as well. I hope the Dawn on May 17th to Bermuda from NYC is as good !

Glad you had a great time. Can't wait to sail on her again.

Most welcome...you'll have a great time!!! Find Clarence the "Chocolate Cowboy" (drink server)....tell him Toni said "hi" and to take good care of you.

Warmly

BeadBabe :D

Will do, :D where will I find him?

If you are looking for a great excursion in Cartagena and Puerto Quetzal...here are my reviews on the two I just took.

Puerto Quetzal:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19465908&postcount=7

Cartagena:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19465908&postcount=7

SORRY!! My links seem broken...try these!

Cartagena Excursion:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19465815&postcount=24

Puerto Quetzal Excursion:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19486922&postcount=7

I do love to gloat, and that doesn't take any space in the suitcase. :) Probably don't need prizes anyway. I still have two sports bottles with the fabric/rubber cushy surround thing, plus similar one for cans, from my last NCL cruise 6 years ago that I never used. Won those playing Pictionary or trivia or something like that.

You were on a long cruise. How did Simon keep you busy? Did you do participate in any other activities where prizes were awarded?

BTW, were were you the murderer?

Simon kept us VERY busy. We had several sea days of course, being a longer cruise...and there was so much going on you couldn't possibly do it all. There were lectures each day with topics being the places the ship was going...the Canal of course, the Glaciers, and so on. Each day there were "tastings"...Margarita, Mojito, Whiskey, Bourbon, Beer and Wine. There is a small fee for those but WELL worth it. The tastings came with some lil munchie too...various cheeses with the wines, guacamoles with the margaritas, etc.

The bingo games were a plenty and there were BIG prizes...an immediate upgrade to a Penthouse being one, and many big dollar prizes. Oh gosh..there was so much....Towel folding demonstrations, ice sculpting demonstrations and dance classes featuring a different style each day. They held Spanish, French and Filipino language classes which were more entertaining than educational, but we all learned out to say "how much?", "thats too much!" and "more beer!" Of course the usual triva games, and also fun prize games like "do you want to be a bazillionaire?" and "wacky newlywed game" to name a couple.

Feature length movies each day were presented in the StarDust Theater. You could also go bowing, rock climbing or of course hang out by the pool. Even the ship itself offered a bridge viewing room tour that included a sneak peek at some behind the scenes places. The gift shop also held events each day. Emerald lectures, rum tastings, special sale grabs and assorted entertainment.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things...but if you are bored, it's your OWN fault.

I was NOT the murderer...Iand I can't tell you who I was, or I'll give the secret away! :cool:

BedBae, I have a question:

Did they have the Photo Frenzy picture special on your sailing? And if so, how much was it?

Thanks!

Sadly, Photo Frenzy was NOT offered on our cruise. When I asked about it they told me it was an experiment that they did on a few Carib cruises. It's something they are considering, but apparently is offered only when the mood strikes them. :confused:

Will do, :D where will I find him?

HA HA HA....you'll find him. He is EVERYWHERE!! Usually by the pool during the day, at the Stardust Theater right before show time and then Spinnaker in the evening.

HA HA HA....you'll find him. He is EVERYWHERE!! Usually by the pool during the day, at the Stardust Theater right before show time and then Spinnaker in the evening.

I will be on the lookout for hi. I'm sad to think on the Alaska cruise might not be by the pool:D;):rolleyes:

Do you know anything about a softdrinks card??? I was told soda are extra and you could save by purchasing this card for all soda for the cruise??? I have to plan ahead for 2 kids and my wife...Thanks for the info

Do you know anything about a softdrinks card??? I was told soda are extra and you could save by purchasing this card for all soda for the cruise??? I have to plan ahead for 2 kids and my wife...Thanks for the info

Here's a tip for which I will undoubtedly get flamed, but oh well... A soda card costs approx. $6.50 per day. Just over 3 sodas per day gets you your money back. Buy 1 card, get a soda in 1 place. Walk to the next bar, get another soda. Repeat as necessary. Or get 1 soda without ice, take it to your cabin and share it out with your own ice!!

Parmen...

When you board, there will be a table set up in a few places...one of which is the Atrium, where you can purchase the soda package. It varies on the length of your cruise, but averages about $40 for a 7 day cruise. This gives you a special insulated glass (with lid) that you can keep as a souvenir and refill with soda from any bar or restaurant. They also put a sticker or some sort of demarkation on your cabin key card. Cans of soda are about $3 so if you drink more than 2 cans worth per day, then the package is the way to go. They say "one per person, and no sharing", but I'm not sure how careful that observe that.

Warmly

BeadBabe

Here's a tip for which I will undoubtedly get flamed, but oh well... A soda card costs approx. $6.50 per day. Just over 3 sodas per day gets you your money back. Buy 1 card, get a soda in 1 place. Walk to the next bar, get another soda. Repeat as necessary. Or get 1 soda without ice, take it to your cabin and share it out with your own ice!!

NIGEL and MARION!!!!

How are you two?? Where are you two?? It was awesome cruising with you guys. When are we going again??

Hugs

BeadBabe

Sadly, Photo Frenzy was NOT offered on our cruise. When I asked about it they told me it was an experiment that they did on a few Carib cruises. It's something they are considering, but apparently is offered only when the mood strikes them. :confused:

Gee, that really sucks. :( Were there any decent photo specials at all?

[quote name='blackerbys17']Gee, that really sucks. :( Were there any decent photo specials at all?[/quote]

The usual ones...by two get three....buy a big one get two small ones...and some special prices on the portraits.

[quote name='BeadBabe']The usual ones...by two get three....buy a big one get two small ones...and some special prices on the portraits.[/quote]

Well, at least they had SOME discount. I usually buy a lot of pics so the big special would have been nice. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='blackerbys17']Well, at least they had SOME discount. I usually buy a lot of pics so the big special would have been nice. Thanks for the info![/quote]

I felt the same way. I would have purchased the Foto Frenzy package in a heart beat. As it was I just selected about 6 pictures.

Perhaps we should write to NCL in support of the idea. I think they'd make more money. It would have to be better then having to shred and recycle all those pictures that no one picks up.

:cool: BeadBabe

Beadbabe,
You are the best! Joining your group made for one of the best cruises in the 10 or so we have done. Your review is "spot on". Might add that the zip line in Costa Rica was a blast. The Teppanyaki was also excellent, and don't be shy about asking for another lobster tail at any time. They will happily bring it. For those poker players out there, the 10 AM tournaments were a lot of fun (especially when you finish in the money)!
A great cruise, and we're with you on the next...monkeymonkey!!
Hugs,
Rich and Julie:)

[quote name='Julerich']Beadbabe,
You are the best! Joining your group made for one of the best cruises in the 10 or so we have done. Your review is "spot on". Might add that the zip line in Costa Rica was a blast. The Teppanyaki was also excellent, and don't be shy about asking for another lobster tail at any time. They will happily bring it. For those poker players out there, the 10 AM tournaments were a lot of fun (especially when you finish in the money)!
A great cruise, and we're with you on the next...monkeymonkey!!
Hugs,
Rich and Julie:)[/quote]

You know something....I can't imagine how I've been on any cruise before without you guys. I sure know I don't want to be on any in the future unless you guys are along!! Besides you have to travel with your negotiator!! SUCH a great time! We can't wait for the next one!!

HUGS
Toni :D

[quote name='mbarnaby99']Just off the 5/10 sailing and photo frenzy was offered for $119. I am doing B2B so I will let you know if they offer this week also.[/quote]

Lucky you!!! Maybe cuz ours was the 14 day repositioner they didn't offer it. :(

[quote name='BeadBabe']Lucky you!!! Maybe cuz ours was the 14 day repositioner they didn't offer it. :([/quote]

You are probably correct about the repo. I just got on the ship for the 5/17 sailing and it being offered again.

BeadBabe, thanks for all the information. DH and I will be on the Pearl Panama Canal next April. I was wondering if you knew if you can get the spa pass for just one week or do you only get the choice of daily or the whole two weeks. Just curious about that.

[quote name='marelind']BeadBabe, thanks for all the information. DH and I will be on the Pearl Panama Canal next April. I was wondering if you knew if you can get the spa pass for just one week or do you only get the choice of daily or the whole two weeks. Just curious about that.[/quote]

When we were on the Pearl for our PC repo last fall it was daily or the whole cruise. The whole cruise was a great deal for 2 (only $100 more for the second person).

Archived