Azamara vs. Oceania Food..

timandnancy

Thinking of doing Eastern Med. this fall aboard Azamara.

Did an Oceania in 9/2007 and the food blew me away.

Anybody do both lines? How does the food compare??

Thanks

You can do a search of ""Azamara vs Oceania" on both boards - lots of threads & posts.

Opinions vary, but the consensus seems to be that the food is better on O. How much more are you willing to pay for it?

And I think both were excellent..but our cruise on Azamara Journey in March of this year was the best yet! We feel it is a very similar product and the value is better on Azamara. Just our thoughts..LuAnn

These last 2 posts go to show how certain things (like food) are very subjective and there is no true objective way to compare.

Everyone should try for themselves and make that call as to which they prefer; and if O is indeed better, is it worth the difference. To some it will be, to others not.

Vive la diference....

These last 2 posts go to show how certain things (like food) are very subjective and there is no true objective way to compare.

Everyone should try for themselves and make that call as to which they prefer; and if O is indeed better, is it worth the difference. To some it will be, to others not.

Vive la diference....

That is what makes the world go round! LuAnn

Never been to O, but was not impressed by Azamara food, selection and timing ( I love to have midnight snack). That's certainly can be improved.

Still miss the buffett crab legs, oysters etc from 2001-2003 cruises. Guess no longer available anywhere :(

Still miss the buffett crab legs, oysters etc from 2001-2003 cruises. Guess no longer available anywhere :(

How did cost of those cruises compare with Azamara in price (in today's money)?

I have just comback off 16 days on Az Quest (May1 - May16). Did two O cruises last year.

Food on Az is good but a long may short of O standards. Yes, the menus are impressive but the execution is not in the same league as O's high quality & consistanty.

The meat is of a similiar standard but the fish,vegtables & desserts were not nearly as impressive. Everything on AZ was a variation on the same theme

The only things where Az scores higher than 'O' IMHO, is the delightful bread selection & some of the 'nibbles' in Mosicac Cafe.

Coffee - very poor. People serving themselves in buffet areas, no policing of sanitiser stations. All things O manage well

The Az Speciality is good but not memeorable like Toscana. We never once felt 'wowed' as we regualrly did on O

To sum it up Az has a long way to catch up O food, but then you have to consider price / value. Is it a deal breaker? That is everyones opinion & circumstance.

Would go on Az again if we got a great deal but from now on will be primarily trying to book O if my circumstances allow

Although it was 3 years ago I cruised on O and 2 weeks ago on AZ, my recollections/impressions are that O's food is a touch better overall. But there are some things AZ does better: the themed buffets in the evenings at Windows were wonderful. Especially the Seafood, the Italian, and the Greek nights. The sushi on AZ was far better than on O, and that's a deal maker for me (my pet thing about cruise food!)

The huge price difference between O and AZ will keep me sailing on AZ. The food differential is not enough to justify the cost savings to sail on AZ. I don't choose a cruise primarily for the food, but for the itinerary and ships. Since those are equal between AZ and O I'm sticking with AZ.

Susie

Archived