Flights to San Juan, Puerto Rico

Hello All,

I have recently booked a 7-Night Southern Caribbean cruise on Adventure of the Seas departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico for April 18th 2010. After doing so I have been hearing that flights to San Juan are very expensive and hard to come by and that I may want to consider sticking to cruises that leave from Miami. Does anyone have any insight or personal experiences they would be willing to share?

By the way I am Canadian and limited to flying from Toronto Airport or Buffalo Airport.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :D

Jetblue flies there from Buffalo currently about 10 flights a day! I just picked some random dates to see the price and it was about 350 or so per person.

You should have no problems. Southern is the best itinerary in my opinion and one you can not access on sailings from Florida.

You might want to think about flying out of Detroit to San Juan with Northwest Airlines...we did that last year and it was great....personally I won't fly out of Pearson unless I absolutely have to

Flying to Puerto Rico is veryyyy expensive, we're in PA and typically try to leave from Florida or Cape Liberty. I looked last week to see the price to fly to Puerto Rico and it was around 700. Little too much when we were getting the cruise for 1100. We changed plans! However, I do hear the cruises that leave from Puerto Rico are amazing so sometimes price is no object if you really want to do something! Take Care! :)

Flying to Puerto Rico is veryyyy expensive, we're in PA and typically try to leave from Florida or Cape Liberty. I looked last week to see the price to fly to Puerto Rico and it was around 700. Little too much when we were getting the cruise for 1100. We changed plans! However, I do hear the cruises that leave from Puerto Rico are amazing so sometimes price is no object if you really want to do something! Take Care! :)

Drive to JFK and you can catch Jetblue for 79$ each way many times. I have gone out of Puerto Rico several times and never spent more then 375 for a ticket except for a President's week cruise.

We did the Serenade out of San Juan in Jan 09. We flew from Denver to San Juan with a stop in Miami and paid 398 and that included all the fees. We budgeted 500 per ticket. So we had plenty of extra money for Fu Fu drinks on board!:D

Hi,

We're from the Toronto area and are also cruising out of San Juan, only we're in late February 2010. We've booked our flights out of Buffalo.

Air Canada has a direct flight out of Toronto and it's much more expensive than out of Buffalo. When I checked it was about $800 return per person. We booked on Expedia out of Buffalo with one connection for less than $500 (CDN) each. You're too far away to book on Expedia right now but your dates will be available in about 3 weeks. Watch out for short turnaround times on the connections. Expedia will list flights with less than an hour to change planes...way to close for my comfort.

As many will tell you on these boards, it's best to go a day early.

Hope this helps,

Hello All,

I have recently booked a 7-Night Southern Caribbean cruise on Adventure of the Seas departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico for April 18th 2010. After doing so I have been hearing that flights to San Juan are very expensive and hard to come by and that I may want to consider sticking to cruises that leave from Miami. Does anyone have any insight or personal experiences they would be willing to share?

By the way I am Canadian and limited to flying from Toronto Airport or Buffalo Airport.

That's next on the agenda. We've done lots of research, just haven't booked anything as of yet. The Hotel Miramar is in Old San Juan close to the port and is $175 for the night but we're still checking things out. It seems most hotels are $240 and up. Still worth it for us to avoid same day flying stress.

We have done five cruises out of San Juan from Boston. With the amount of leadtime you have, I am almost positive you will be able to get a decent deal on airfare. You can set fare watches on sites like kayak.com, sidestep.com, and travelocity to monitor the dates you are looking for and e-mail you if the fares change.

I check sites like Orbitz a couple of times a day when I'm looking for a deal. I just booked our flights for our August cruise when Orbitz had a $100 pp drop on the flights we were looking for. Fares dropped Saturday night and were back to the usual price the next day.

It might take a little extra work, but I consider it all part of the vacation-planning fun. Good luck!

Hello All,

I went on the Serenade out of San Juan last month . I ended up with

Air Canada because they had a seat sale where my wife flew for just the taxes so we ended up paying 1000.00 for the two of us with an early direct flight . I booked in Feb 2009 though , which was close to sailing date. They are the only ones i could find that had a direct flight from Toronto. There is less of a chance of your luggage going missing with direct flights. You are too far out for seat sales , and i doubt you want to leave it until next year to book your flight.Check for price drops on your cruise , i got one also and saved even more dough. As others have said, the southern route is great and you are on a fabulous ship . April is a great month for cruising. Enjoy!

I am also from Toronto and had also thought about flying from Buffalo. We are leaving for our cruise in a few weeks. Booked our flight in February and were able to get a flight from Toronto to San Juan for about $560 CDN round trip. We will be flying US Airways. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are direct flights from Toronto to San Juan anymore.

I am also from Toronto and had also thought about flying from Buffalo. We are leaving for our cruise in a few weeks. Booked our flight in February and were able to get a flight from Toronto to San Juan for about $560 CDN round trip. We will be flying US Airways. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are direct flights from Toronto to San Juan anymore.

Air Canada does a direct flight our of Toronto, only on Saturdays and Sundays. I just did a check, the flights for our trip next February, after taxes and fees would be $954 return. Yikes!

Good luck Aqua23, hope it all works out.

Aqua, I use Booking Buddy when doing my flights. Our last several flights we have only used Buffalo instead of Toronto, the airport is smaller and you don't have to walk forever to, which always seems, your gate at the other end of the terminal. The taxes in Toronto are also approx $300 more pp, one of the highest in the world.

I have been pricing flights to San Juan this afternoon for Sept 09 and my best price so far is $666 US(for 2 people) with a stop in Charlotte but still arriving at 1pm in San Juan the day before the cruise. The cruise I am thinking of taking is on the Advenuture of the Seas :)

Aqua, I use Booking Buddy when doing my flights. Our last several flights we have only used Buffalo instead of Toronto, the airport is smaller and you don't have to walk forever to, which always seems, your gate at the other end of the terminal. The taxes in Toronto are also approx $300 more pp, one of the highest in the world.

I have been pricing flights to San Juan this afternoon for Sept 09 and my best price so far is $666 US(for 2 people) with a stop in Charlotte but still arriving at 1pm in San Juan the day before the cruise. The cruise I am thinking of taking is on the Advenuture of the Seas :)

Hey Judy thanks for the tip:) I will definitely be looking into booking buddy. If I can I will never fly out of Toronto again TOO expensive.

Archived