Sabatini's or Crown Grill

nschille04

Stoopid Question!

But Where Do You "Sign Up" For The Restaurants Once On Board?

First Cruise In June. 9nts Out Of NY, Eastern Caribbean On The CP. Can't Wait!

Long Time Reader, First Time Poster.

This Has To Be One Of The Best Websites Around.

2 Thumbs Up!

There is a dining phone number that you can call from your room. Sabatini's also may take them in person. I got what I wanted just by calling dining services from my room.

My fiance and I will be honeymooning on the Emerald and are hoping to not spend a lot of money on the ship. So, if you have any cost saving tips...please pass them on. Also, we have decided that we'd like to do either Sabatini's or Crown Grill (not both). I know its largely a matter of taste, but I was hoping to get a recommendation on what would be the better choice. We both like Italian food and seafood. We'd like the one that is more of a fun, unique experience. Any comments you have would be great.

I can't comment on Sabatini's as we chose Crown Grill on the Emerald.

We asked for a window booth and watched the sun set over Dominica as we pulled away, it was beautiful..

My wife had one of the best rack of lamb she's had in a long time. I had a great filet mignon. I also had the lobster tail (no extra cost), which was cooked perfectly, grilled with some garlic butter. The sides are tasty as is the black & blue soup.

The wait staff was spot on, the manager stopped by to check on us and say hi, as did the hostess.

You'll have a great meal and a memorable time for sure in either venue.

Best of luck on your upcoming wedding...

wife and I have ate on both we like the crown grill,however for a nice romantic dinner go with the ultimate balcony dinning,if you have a balcony room. the food is better than both places by far and the mood is also

Another vote here for Sabatini's.

The Crown Grille is fine, but it is, in my opinion, not really any different than any steak house you could go to on dry land. Good, to be sure, but not that unique.

Sabatini's, on the other hand, is a completely unique experience. The atmosphere is wonderfully romantic, the service is always outstanding, and the food is incredible!!! Especially if you like Italian and Italian seafood, then I would most definitely recommend Sabatini's over the Crown Grille (if you have to do only one.)

Oh, but in all seriousness, do not eat after about noon before a Sabatini's experience. It is a LOT of food, though I also always remind people you can ask not to be given everything offered or to be given just a taste of the offerings (good luck with that, though.) ;) And God help you if you should even whisper that you especially liked a particular item ... a MOUND of it will suddenly appear on your plate. ;)

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and what I'm sure will be a spectacular honeymoon! :D

Okay, I think I'm confused here.

Is it true at Sabatini's you are brought one of everything on this menu except the entrees, one of which you choose?

I must have it wrong :eek:

No, you don't have it wrong. It's sort of a "tappas" or tasting menu; you get a little of everything (except you choose only one entre). You just get little tastes of everything. But, those little tastes do add up. And, as I mentioned above, if you don't like something you can always say "no thank you", though that's difficult because everything is so good.

I should mention, when we were on the Ruby last December, we did notice that -- as with the diningrooms -- the serving sizes were a tad smaller, which we really appreciated (in general, but especially at Sabatini's), as they are always more than eager to give you more of anything you might particularly like.

Give it a try on your next Princess cruise; I think you'll enjoy yourself. :D

Another vote here for Sabatini's... <snip> Give it a try on your next Princess cruise; I think you'll enjoy yourself. :D

Okay, I feel better now knowing we're brought tasting plates rather than a full-sized plates of food. I just couldn't imagine how anyone could get through all that food and the thought made me feel quite queasy :p

We will reserve Captain's Table as soon as we're aboard and if for some reason we can't get it, I think we'll give Sabatini's a go. Maybe the Grill too.

My fiance and I will be honeymooning on the Emerald and are hoping to not spend a lot of money on the ship. So, if you have any cost saving tips...please pass them on. Also, we have decided that we'd like to do either Sabatini's or Crown Grill (not both). I know its largely a matter of taste, but I was hoping to get a recommendation on what would be the better choice. We both like Italian food and seafood. We'd like the one that is more of a fun, unique experience. Any comments you have would be great.

That would be Sabitini's in my opinion. I ate at both on my Emerald Cruise in March and I liked both but Sabitini's to me is more original and unique and cozy ;)

Has anyone sat at the chef's table? I was thinking that it might be a fun experience on our upcoming trip on the Crown. How much per person? What are the meals? Do you get a choice? What is the experience like?

Thanks!

We did Sabatini's I THINK on the Crown & honestly didn't love it....We really didn't think the food was all that great. Now, we did do Sterling's on one of the ships & thought it was fantastic. Could it have been an isolated case of "just ok" food...or maybe the particular ship we were on?

Ex-fellow Jerseyite, Colo, I hope you chime in here!

We did Sabatini's I THINK on the Crown & honestly didn't love it....We really didn't think the food was all that great. Now, we did do Sterling's on one of the ships & thought it was fantastic. Could it have been an isolated case of "just ok" food...or maybe the particular ship we were on?

Ex-fellow Jerseyite, Colo, I hope you chime in here!

I did in post #11/#18. :D

I think Sabatini's is a one time do for me.

We did do it again on the Emerald last year.

I would rather sit in the Crown Grill and eat unlimited Mussel pots. :eek:

Colo: Yup, I saw those posts! :D Did you not particularly care for the food? Seriously, I feel like a freak for not having loved it, so I'm wondering if it was just not a good night for them....or if it was the ship I was on (as I do love Italian food)?

Colo: Yup, I saw those posts! :D Did you not particularly care for the food? Seriously, I feel like a freak for not having loved it, so I'm wondering if it was just not a good night for them....or if it was the ship I was on (as I do love Italian food)?

I love the pasta, seafood etc but I am not a cold meat type person so those were not for me.

I will stick with the rack of lamb/steak/lobster/mussels.

I did love the Tiarmusu in Sabatinis though!!

I like them both, but if I have to pick one I would go with Sabatini's. I think it is more of a dinner experience than the Crown Grill. Also you can get both your Italian and seafood at one place.

We did both on the Ruby and Sabatini's won hands down. A wonderful experience. By the time the entree came, I was stuffed. I ordered the veal chop and it was to die for. Crown Grill was also nice but just a good steak house and imho does not compare to the dining experience of Sabatini's. A real event. :p

Cannot get the kind of seafood at Sabatinis that you can get at the Crown Grill.

True: Sabatini's is much better. :p

Seriously, I live in Boston, and we get lots of incredibly fresh seafood here. In addition, I grew up in the American Pacific NorthWest, where we also got amazing fresh seafood. So, I guess I'm a little spoiled. I absolutely love cruising and, especially, cruising with Princess. But, one thing that has always disappointed me is the lobster and some of the seafood at the Sterling Steakhouse/Crown Grille.

That is not to say it isn't good; it certainly is. It's just not up to what I'm used to getting at home.

Sabataini's, on the other hand, has always served me very fresh and unique seafood that I can't always get at a standard restaurant at home/on land, which is one of the reasons I always recommend Sabatini's. It's unique and very good in my experience.

I guess it's a subjective choice. I have eaten at Sabatini's and it was nice but once was enough. I loved the Sterling Steakhouse on the CB and can't wait to go to the Crown Grill. I absolutely love filet and lobster so can't wait to go there. We also did the chef's table last year and that was very nice but I thought the food was better at Sterling's.

True: Sabatini's is much better. :p

Seriously, I live in Boston, and we get lots of incredibly fresh seafood here. In addition, I grew up in the American Pacific NorthWest, where we also got amazing fresh seafood. So, I guess I'm a little spoiled. I absolutely love cruising and, especially, cruising with Princess. But, one thing that has always disappointed me is the lobster and some of the seafood at the Sterling Steakhouse/Crown Grille.

That is not to say it isn't good; it certainly is. It's just not up to what I'm used to getting at home.

Sabataini's, on the other hand, has always served me very fresh and unique seafood that I can't always get at a standard restaurant at home/on land, which is one of the reasons I always recommend Sabatini's. It's unique and very good in my experience.

Yeah but.....

For those of us who can't get a live Maine at will, it is a better offering for me in the CG. :)

If you have eaten at a good steakhouse you have been to the Crown Grill. Great food, great service. However, I have never had a meal like Sabatini's. Very special. My GF could not decide on the veal chop or the shrimp so they brought both. Way too much food. Go easy on the appetizers.

Archived