Earliest boarding time in venice

Acrusa

I know this has been asked before.What time can I board the Insgnia in Venice if I am on the A3 Concierge deck 7 level? Last year we where B1 level and boarded at 11 30 am in Istanbul.

Speaking of boarding times, what about for the lower-category cabins? Last September, we were told to arrive not before 3 PM, and when we arrived at 3:30 (we had stayed in Istanbul for several nights before boarding, and were out sightseeing), there was truly not a soul in the terminal except us, security and the Oceania staff. On the bright side, our bags were at our cabin before us, but we clearly were the last to arrive.

In October, last year, we went to Venice several days ahead of time, pre-cruise. Our ship had an overnight in Venice before setting sail. So we were told to check out of our hotel at noon, we left our luggage with them, went to the very nice Piccolo restaurant for seafood spaghetti and one last time to St. Marks Square. Then we returned to our hotel to pick up our luggage a bit after 2 p.m. boarded a water taxi, and arrived at the Nautica just before 3 p.m., perfect timing and no queues. We spend a nice day on the ship before it sailed.

If you embark in Venice, you usually have an overnight with Oceania. No need to hurry, enjoy!

Last October we were on Insignia Concierge deck 7 level and were allowed to board at 11:00 AM. Check in was quick and easy but the rooms weren't available for occupancy until 1:00 PM.

Any response as to when the lower category cabins actually will be permitted to board? As I posted above, we were told at 3 PM for our September cruise, but clearly most had boarded earlier because the huge Istanbul port building absolutely was deserted at 3:30 PM.

Any insights?

Any response as to when the lower category cabins actually will be permitted to board? As I posted above, we were told at 3 PM for our September cruise, but clearly most had boarded earlier because the huge Istanbul port building absolutely was deserted at 3:30 PM.

Any insights?

You could probably show up earlier around 1 and get on.

There is a cruise ending tomorrow that embarked in Venice maybe someone will post when they return

Our last cruise, we arrived at the port at 12:30, and I kid you not, I think we were the LAST people to board. It was the smoothest process we had ever encountered on a cruise. All rooms were not ready (many were) but folks were enjoying themselves having lunch up in the Terrace Cafe.

We leave today if we beat the storms heading toward the East.

16 days, 15 ports = 2 tired folks on May 31st. PACE YOURSELF!!! Perhaps I should have this imprinted on my forehead.

Lots of time to rest when we get back, says hubby.

Linda

We have always booked a cabin in the late boarding category but have always gotten to the pier about noon and boarded without problem. The only place we found they enforced the 3pm time was Miami and even then we were allowed to board about 2:30. Perhaps because it is the headquarters of Oceania. In Europe we have never had a problem

Of course it depends on the ships staff and the local authorities. Our last cruise out of Beijing we had an 11am boarding time due to upgrades. We arrived in the port about 2pm and no one had boarded as yet. They checked us in and everyone had to wait in the lounge until 4pm when the Chinese authorities let the boarding process start. Gold boarded at 4:00, Silver at 4:10 and white at 4:20!

We then heard the authorities closed the port again at 6pm and while we were going to dinner we could see people sitting in the dock lounge with their luggage. They reopened the port at 8pm and they boarded. We sailed at 11pm.

So bottom line, no guarantees. We always get there early as it doesn't matter to us if we sit in our hotel lobby or at the pier.

PA Nana and Retired FL, thank you so much for your responses. (And, PA Nana, have a wonderful trip!)

Unlike Istanbul, on this trip we are not overnighting onboard the ship before sail-away, so I think I would like to board around 2 rather than 3:30 PM, also to avoid Friday afternoon traffic from downtown Athens fleeing for the weekend. However, because Piraeus port is so far from downtown Athens, from where we will be staying, I certainly do not want to sit around the port area for an hour before we are permitted to board.

Archived