Veendam for 12 Days.....Surprised!!!

sail7seas

I finally got myself down to my TA's to pick up our docs for Veendam. They've been taking up space on her desk for so long I thought she'd start charging me rent.

Seeing as all of these subjects have been addressed in recent weeks, I thought I'd comment that:

a) There were six Mariner luggage tags included

b) There were two Mariner button pins included

c) There was the letter explaining the $10 pp automatic tipping

d) One set of documents for the both of us. Mr. John Doe and Mrs. John Doe were both on the one cruise contract.

e) Six Veendam luggage tags

Surprised.......that we shall be having 3 formal nights and 3 informal. with 6 casual nights. I did not think it would be divided quite like that but it is fine by me.

d) One set of documents for the both of us. Mr. John Doe and Mrs. John Doe were both on the one cruise contract.

Sail!

Now everyone on the board knows your names! I thought you would be more careful than this!!!! :eek:

I am wearing my Veendam t-shirt RIGHT NOW!! My souvenir from my trips are a t-shirt with the ship's name on it. Lately, it has been jewelry too ;), but defnintely a shirt with the ship's name.

Have a wonderful cruise. She is a lovely ship.

Marie

Surprised.......that we shall be having 3 formal nights and 3 informal. with 6 casual nights. I did not think it would be divided quite like that but it is fine by me.

That is surprising as our 7-day O'dam shows 2 formal, 1 informal and 4 casual....

-dave

I am wearing my Veendam t-shirt RIGHT NOW!! My souvenir from my trips are a t-shirt with the ship's name on it. Lately, it has been jewelry too ;), but defnintely a shirt with the ship's name.

Have a wonderful cruise. She is a lovely ship.

Marie

Marie... It's been some time since we've been on Veendam. I think we'll pick up a few jerseys. They're good to wear when I do my daily walking.

That IS normal for a seven day cruise, Dave. Every 7 day HAL cruise we've ever been on was was O'dam is doing.

Odd, I seem to remember them as 2-2-3 ... but that may have been another line. According to DW, I'm lucky I remember that I've been on a cruise ship before!

-dave :)

Odd, I seem to remember them as 2-2-3 ... but that may have been another line. According to DW, I'm lucky I remember that I've been on a cruise ship before!

-dave :)

The 7 day cruise we took had 2-2-3 listed in the documents. It was a different story once we got on the ship, it was 2-1-4.

We picked up our World Tour docs and have the breakdown on the dining:

28 Formal nights, 27 informal and 60 casual.

I guess they anticipate that we may pack a little heavier than normal. They supplied us with TWELVE luggage tags.

There are also 15 theme events: 10 formal, 1 informal, 3 casual and one listed as a daytime event. I'm sure glad the farmer's ball is listed as casual, I'm not sure I can find formal bib overalls and plaid shirt:D

The 7 day cruise we took had 2-2-3 listed in the documents. It was a different story once we got on the ship, it was 2-1-4.

Somehow that does not surprise me in the least.

Happy Cruising.`

We picked up our World Tour docs and have the breakdown on the dining:

28 Formal nights, 27 informal and 60 casual.

I guess they anticipate that we may pack a little heavier than normal. They supplied us with TWELVE luggage tags.

There are also 15 theme events: 10 formal, 1 informal, 3 casual and one listed as a daytime event. I'm sure glad the farmer's ball is listed as casual, I'm not sure I can find formal bib overalls and plaid shirt:D

Sounds wonderful. Hope you have a great time.

Hope you will post some reports for us while you are making your way around the world.

I guess our little 12 dayer does sound rather paultry by comparison. :)

Happy Cruising.

Thank you, Sail. There is no such thing as a "paltry" cruise, IMHO. They are all good, some are just better:)

I placed the order today for 1100 minutes of internet service for $250, so we should be able to post a few times (if I can get DW to stay off of her political discussion group for a while):rolleyes: Otherwise, I'll have to renew the internet service about every other week:(

:D Mr. and Mrs. Doe ;) also had our voucher for shipboard credit included in our docs. :)

So....'ya don't really think we're the authentic "John Does"??? I feel sorry for anyone whose parents pulled that sorry joke on their son!!

The ticket information is rarely accurate re. clothing. Our Maasdam Canada-Norfolk trip last month was suppose to have 2 informal nights and we had "zip". We ended up with 4 formal and the balance casual. Some of the men did wear their sportcoats that they had taken for informal but in the long run only needed their tux/dark suits, etc. Of course many didn't even honor the suggested dress on this trip anyhow so what they told us on the tix. was not very important. ONE very obvious statement re. the dining room was that NOTHING was said regarding blue jeans at any time --they did say No shorts at nights, etc. but no blue jean rules.

The only official info. will be found in each day's program but otherwise

it is not reliable.

We are on the same cruise and we were supplied with two document booklets. Mr. John Doe & Mrs. John Doe.

Such a coincedence we have the same names!!

Anyhow, have a great cruise and maybe we`ll meet on board.

:D I don't know how we'll know eachother aboard :confused: but I do hope, somehow, we'll meet.

I never looked to see if there was a roll call for this cruise. DH and I have such a 'boarding day routine' that we'd never meet after life boat drill with others so there was no sense in getting involved in a conversation about meeting then. That seems to be when everyone wants to have their CC'ers get acquainted meet.

I'm very much looking forward to this cruise and hope we have great weather......I'm in the mood for 'some sun and fun'. :)

Sail, this will be a wonderful cruise for you:D . What an excellent time to head out right after the holidays (and my birthday incidently so you can get my gift to me before you leave;) ).

On the Oosterdam our docs clearly stated the 2/1/4 formal/informal/casual and that was just what it was. Can't imagine why Gizmo's docs would be wrong. Our last HAL cruise was the same.

I believe in some cases the mystery of the missing pins & faux leather case lies with the TA. If they are mailing the docs, they omit these items to save postage. I have this on very good authority.

But the one contract for both of you surprises me ... we've always gotten 2. Just as well in case I decide to leave DH at home;)

Enjoy these last few weeks of anticipation:) ... one of my favorite parts of the whole experience.

Archived