Help with Private Excursions in Caribbean

SalPal47

We are sailing on Regatta on Jan. 4. 2010 to Virgin Gorda; Gustavia, St. Barts; St. John's, Antigua; Tortola; Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. There are no excursions offered by Oceania for this cruise. We've never been to any of these places before. Any suggestions for what to see, to do and how to do it (cab, bus, tour, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We are sailing on Regatta on Jan. 4. 2010 to Virgin Gorda; Gustavia, St. Barts; St. John's, Antigua; Tortola; Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. There are no excursions offered by Oceania for this cruise. We've never been to any of these places before. Any suggestions for what to see, to do and how to do it (cab, bus, tour, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You perhaps will get more responses by posting on the Ports of Call boards, but, hopefully, you also will get some here!

The excursions will show up online about 3 months from sailing date. ;)

Tortola we just took an island tour from the dock it was $20. pp then walked around the town

Not much at Grand Turk unless you scuba, snorkel, shop at the dock or do the beach thing

On Virgin Gorda, take the tour to the Baths. In St. Barts rent a car and drive the island. If you are a beach person, be sure to stop at Gran Saline, one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Again, if you like the beach, ask the ship's crew to recommend their favorite beach on Antigua - then take a taxi. Grand Turk - island tour with taxi. Not much to see. When I go back in December, I will stay on the ship.

Please read my review of this same cruise itinerary we did twice with Oceania. February 2007 & February 2008. Look for my screen name: rez4jc

I give detailed excursions that we did at each stop. You should have a great time! We rarely, if ever do this ship's tours....

Any specific questions, you can email me: rez4jc@cox.net

Please read my review of this same cruise itinerary we did twice with Oceania. February 2007 & February 2008. Look for my screen name: rez4jc

I give detailed excursions that we did at each stop. You should have a great time! We rarely, if ever do this ship's tours....

Any specific questions, you can email me: rez4jc@cox.net

O.K. - I'm having trouble finding it. Any way you can post the link the the review please?

Thanks!

I think you will find loads of taxis and offers of tours when you disembark. All the towns seem to offer the same jewelry stores and there isn't much to see. We usually just go to a beach and enjoy the ocean. The Caribbean is very different from other types of cruises. It's just relaxation and different scenery.

• 7 months later...

If you want one day on your cruise for snorkeling..I can strongly recommend the beautiful Catamarran, The Kekoa in Cruz Bay, St. John. It is a georgeous boat, built by and Captained by two amazing brothers, Ryan and Jamison. The Cat has quite an adventure story behind it, and the Caps will be happy to fill you in on it's history.

The waters of St. John are Crystal clear, the Cat is super comfortable with plenty of seating, shade and sun, easy access into the water, new and clean equipment, drinks, and yummy Mango and Banana bread, homemade! You cant miss her on the water..distinctive Black sails..a glow in the dark deck for sunset cruises. We had an amazing day, spotting turtles, georgeous fish, corall, and stingrays..and we have recommended it to our cruising friends!

If you want one day on your cruise for snorkeling..I can strongly recommend the beautiful Catamarran, The Kekoa in Cruz Bay, St. John. It is a georgeous boat, built by and Captained by two amazing brothers, Ryan and Jamison.

Didn't this boat dismast and sink recently?

Archived