Crown Princess and Landing Card question

I'm sending my DM and her BFF on a cruise aboard the Crown Princess. Their sail date is 11/7/09 and ports include Cozumel Mexico, Roatan Honduras, Princess Cays and Grand Cayman.

QUESTION:

What islands, if any will they need landing cards?

They're both seniors and a bit nervous so I'm trying my best to explain each procedure.

Thanks in advance!

I'm sending my DM and her BFF on a cruise aboard the Crown Princess. Their sail date is 11/7/09 and ports include Cozumel Mexico, Roatan Honduras, Princess Cays and Grand Cayman.

QUESTION:

What islands, if any will they need landing cards?

They're both seniors and a bit nervous so I'm trying my best to explain each procedure.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by an "landing card". Usually you don't need anything other than your cruise card and maybe an ID to get off the ship and back on.

What's a landing card?

Lew

A Landing Card is a form that non-EEA citizens are required to complete on entry to the United Kingdom. The traveller must present the completed form at the immigration desk at the point of entry. The form is usually supplied by the airline, train or ferry company.

If they are asking this question, I would assume they are non U.S. citizens.

Yes, they are US citizens.

We've sailed the Caribbean five different times, all Princess cruises. On two of the cruises we had to get into a line, go through immigration or customs (?) and show our passport. Once we did this we were given a paper card that said "Landing Card". Once we had that we could get off the ship at that particular port. Everyone getting off had to do this. I just don't recall which ports. :(

Yes, they are US citizens.

We've sailed the Caribbean five different times, all Princess cruises. On two of the cruises we had to get into a line, go through immigration or customs (?) and show our passport. Once we did this we were given a paper card that said "Landing Card". Once we had that we could get off the ship at that particular port. Everyone getting off had to do this. I just don't recall which ports. :(

ahhh..that was in St Thomas, USVI....they do not have that proceedure any more.

A Landing Card is a form that non-EEA citizens are required to complete on entry to the United Kingdom. The traveller must present the completed form at the immigration desk at the point of entry. The form is usually supplied by the airline, train or ferry company.
Thank you, Pia. I appreciate the explanation.

Lew

Archived