A Guarantee Cabin Story, Just Assigned

catmand

Now this part has nothing to do with the location or gurantee as it could take place anywhere on the ship...but the gentleman next to us had a constant need to relieve himself of gas out on the balcony....I swear he had enough bottled up he could have propeled the ship all by himself!!!

No more guarantee's for us....we pick the location.

Picking your own cabin still wouldn't have saved you from Mr. Propulsion. :eek: Guess this was a "you had to have been there" moment. Not.

I would highly recommend investing in a good pair of earplugs. My DW and I never cruise without them. At home, there are a pair of doves that live outside my bedroom window, those earplugs keep me sleeping when those love birds start their love song every morning at the crack of dawn.

Happy sailing!

Or you can get the young man with six pack abs lying on his balcony with his "ears" on beating his abs to the beat of the music..........

Yep, it happened and I don't remember which trip, but we were laughing really hard after I glanced around the partition to see what was going on. Just wish I had abs like that!!!!! :rolleyes:

ariosa777.....that is a really good idea and one that would help the "younger folk."

We play a game around here called "she said" "he heard" and come up almost daily with things like'

she said, "it was a five star restaurant"

he heard, "it was an inside store restaurant."

She said, "the gum came out of your pouch."

he heard, "the gun site came out of the couch."

so for me, I'm thinking a hearing aid but ear plugs are a good idea.

We have never been next door to a "noise maker" of any type, maybe it's my hearing?

Chuck

PS: Isn't that a funny expression, 6 pack abs? Really, if you drink enough 6 packs your abs are going to be very hard to find.

I ABSOLUTELY love your attitude!! I know the front of the ship is not the best place to be, but....you are on a SHIP! on a cruise!!! Right? How bad could that possibly be? ...and for 14 days!! Woohoo!!!

My very first cruise (1994) I booked 5 weeks before sailing, thanks to friends that persuaded me to go with their group. I didn't even know cruises existed and didn't know a thing about them. I was on deck 3, cabin 3001. I think there was a crew cabin in front of us. The outside wall of our cabin curved! And you know what? I had a fabulous time. I didn't even realize that it was a 'bad' cabin.

Have a great time!

Kathy

Hi all,

There are always questions about guarantee cabins and the "Upgrade Fairy" or as I call him/her the "Upgrade Elf."

Remember, you get what you pay for and you get what you get!

So, I'm going solo and wanted to do this on the cheap, I booked a cat J inside on Sapphire. There are 3 category cabins on Plaza deck which is lower ( K, L, M) and then J on Emerald, Dolphin, and Caribe.

I booked this as a 14 day cruise. Well, you get what you pay for and I have been on enough cruises to know all about guarantee cabins. It still came as a little surprise when I got my assignment 3 days ago (I sail in 3 days) and found I was on Emerald and the first cabin in the bow. I know someone has to be there but I guess I just figured there were plenty of cabins booked after mine.

A friend is right next door. We are thinking of positive things for the location.

It's going to be quiet (people quiet)

We are right above the stage in the theater. If we don't want to go we can stay in bed and listen, especially the late show.

We won't need an alarm clock since the anchor chain will be waking us early. Since we are up early there won't be a line for breakfast. We will get lots of exercise walking, well, everywhere.

We will be the first to know if the waves are high and the water rough.

It will be real easy to find our cabin, just walk the passageway until we hit the bow and back up a few feet.

Room service should have no trouble finding the cabin. And last, at least we don't share a wall with the laundry.

It'll be fun where ever we are.

Chuck

Chuck....that is a great way to think. I sure wish more people thought like you.

Nothing can top the balcony mates we had on the Emerald in Oct. He wanted her to perform a certain act and she said no because he had "good s*x" the night before and on and on. Almost every time they were on their balcony, they talked trash and acted as if no one could hear them.

Nothing can top the balcony mates we had on the Emerald in Oct. He wanted her to perform a certain act and she said no because he had "good s*x" the night before and on and on. Almost every time they were on their balcony, they talked trash and acted as if no one could hear them.

You think they were "entertainers", Donna? ;)

You have a great attitude and look at it this way - you are better off where you are than the person who got stuck with a room above Club Fusion.

The one and only time I booked a guarantee, I got stuck over the disco and it was the last time I ever booked a guarantee. We didn't sleep all night the entire cruise. Never again - there is no price difference worth not sleeping all week if you get stuck in a lousy cabin.

Donna, actually, I think I can. :) Last year, we were on a 2-week cruise and the first evening while I was returning to my cabin, the "Privacy" card was in the cabin door opposite mine. As I neared my cabin, it was like the movie, "When Harry Met Sally" with Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal, and Bea Arthur says, "I'll have what she's having." The sounds were unmistakable and quite amazing in volume. Day after day, night after night, every time I left my cabin or returned, the Privacy card was still in it's slot and the "movie" was still playing. I'm nosey and just HAD to see what my neighbors looked like so every time I heard their door open, I tried to peek out the peephole. Couldn't see anything. Finally, about 8 days into the cruise, I saw a very white-haired, bent over old lady (had to be in her 80s) using a cane come out with an equally white-haired and elderly gentleman following her. :)

Chuck, great attitude re: your cruise. You'll have a wonderful time.

I am a real masochist I guess? I'm getting ready to shut this down and finish packing and I just had to read the entire post of complaints by someone who just sailed Sapphire.......gee, I guess I am getting ready to get on a pretty crappy ship as well as have a lousy cabin in it.

Pam.....Honest, I am not a "Mr. Smarty" and probably wouldn't mention it BUT, the lady in Harry and Sally was not Bea but actually Rob Reiners (he directed) real life Mommy.

And, just so you know, I could have lived the rest of my life and not had the mental picture you painted of your neighbors seared in my brain.

Chuck PS: I'm taking the lap top, will try to post a little.

I've had 2 "way-up-in-the-bow" rooms. Both were left over because we booked at the last minute.

The thrusters definitely announced that we had arrived in port and the anchor chimed in when possible. :o

One night we had a horrible storm at sea and the bow of the ship was rising way up then going way down with the waves. My bed was facing the length of the ship so I was sliding up and down in the bed as we went up and down the waves - felt like I was on a slip and slide! But my daughter's bed was in the opposite direction, so she was rolling into the wall and then nearly off the other side of the bed! We had to crawl to the bathroom because we couldn't stand up to walk. After awhile of this, we both started laughing uncontrollably 'cuz we felt like we were on rides at an amusement park. We still laugh about it today. It was a great cruise and the room didn't matter at all. You'll have a great vacation. :)

donna, actually, i think i can. :) last year, we were on a 2-week cruise and the first evening while i was returning to my cabin, the "privacy" card was in the cabin door opposite mine. As i neared my cabin, it was like the movie, "when harry met sally" with meg ryan and billy crystal, and bea arthur says, "i'll have what she's having." the sounds were unmistakable and quite amazing in volume. Day after day, night after night, every time i left my cabin or returned, the privacy card was still in it's slot and the "movie" was still playing. I'm nosey and just had to see what my neighbors looked like so every time i heard their door open, i tried to peek out the peephole. Couldn't see anything. Finally, about 8 days into the cruise, i saw a very white-haired, bent over old lady (had to be in her 80s) using a cane come out with an equally white-haired and elderly gentleman following her. :)

chuck, great attitude re: Your cruise. You'll have a wonderful time.

you win!

Archived