RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We have just recently returned from a cruise that stopped in Rome (12-21-09)--we used RIL while here & had a FABULOUS tour with Nicola & Vatican guide Catherine both were excellent & I would use them again in a heartbeat. I also got to meet Duman himself--I think I took his picture--but I have lost my Rome pictures all of them along with another country. So we have lots of memories of this GREAT tour & would love to do it again..but I suspect time will have to wait. We would recommend this company any time. Thanks again, for the easy way to let YOU (them) do the work for us..Loved it! Thank you Jany,Duman, Nicola & Catherine for a memory we will not forget. Happy New Year to everyone at RIL may all the tourists use RIL.

Here's a pic I took of Duman from our tour last year. Lots of great memories.

Duman.jpg.d8914b895f902bb35fadec0a4860e5c5.jpg

We used RIL in Naples and Florence and were very, very pleased with everything about the tour. Our group had 4 couples that didn't know each other banding together and one of us (might even have been me- I don't remember) went with Rome Cabs just in case RIL wasn't all that was advertised. All were done based on Cruise Critic recommendations.............and Cruise Critic has never led me astray. 3 Cruises down..............3 sets of great excursions without paying cruise line prices.

How did you add your picture? I've had the worst time doing it lately.

I just went thru the "Manage Attachments" key below the response box. I have had a problem occasionally with that but not very often. I'm someone who started in computers in 1968 and I'm still amazed at what they can do today. I feel like a rookie sometimes. LOL.

I have a final payment next week on a March cruise to Hawaii. I wish Romeinlimo had a Honoluluinlimo branch.

I just went thru the "Manage Attachments" key below the response box. I have had a problem occasionally with that but not very often. I'm someone who started in computers in 1968 and I'm still amazed at what they can do today. I feel like a rookie sometimes. LOL.

I have a final payment next week on a March cruise to Hawaii. I wish Romeinlimo had a Honoluluinlimo branch.

Thank you! I was trying it another way.

I think whether you go with RomeCabs or RIL, either one has fantastic service. I have had the best response from Stefano with RomeCabs so far, but he doesn't do the tours that RIL does, so we're using both services because they came so highly recommended by friends and CCers.

Tipping $10 per person for a FULL day tour may even be overboard, in Europe. These guides and driver are paid a full wage, unlike in the States where they are usually paid next to nothing ($2 hr. like wait staff) and live off the tips. Of course your driver will accept it, but, it is not the culture to tip so much. If it were me, and the tour was above and beyond OUTSTANDING, I would tip $10 per couple for a full day tour. For a shorter tour or a ride from the airport, a $5 euro tip is plenty for the entire group.

This is not being cheap, it is just not the culture BECAUSE of the way service staff is paid, to tip so much in Europe. If you want to give away more of your hard earned money, go for it, they will take it. As for me, when in Rome, do as the Romans.

Thanks all we are on a med crfuise May 23rd and not gotten anyone yet to join us on tours, I am holding one in each city + a guide for Pompeii and the Vatican. Guess i am too early in getting people to join us, guess I am just to anal and organized, will wait a month or so before I get worried.

Thanks all we are on a med crfuise May 23rd and not gotten anyone yet to join us on tours, I am holding one in each city + a guide for Pompeii and the Vatican. Guess i am too early in getting people to join us, guess I am just to anal and organized, will wait a month or so before I get worried.
Yes, from my experience, you are way too early. I had the most success in the month immediately preceding the cruise. In fact, on our cruise last summer, several cruisecritic folks booked large vans that they didn't fill until they were onboard! If your roll call is fairly busy, or you are fairly social while on board, you will no trouble filling your tour vans. It's a great way to save money!

I have heard great things about RIL, but also have gotten some quotes from All around Italy- Fabrizio, he is slightly less 500Euro vs 550E for 6 people. Has anyone used this service?
I personally highly recommend RIL and if price is the main factor and you are considering tours in other cities too, they may give you a discount. You have nothing to lose to ask. Good luck!:)

I was just on tripadvisor and read a warning about tours in Italy. It stated that one should get a receipt, that it should be paid before the tour as opposed to after, and there should be a tax included.

So, question for ya'll that have done ril....Is there a tax included or is that added to the 500E (or what have you), quote? The site says we pay at the end of the tour? I'd be fine paying up front, actually I'd prefer it. What about the quotes on the guides for the Vatican and Pompeii? Do I need to add a tax to that quote as well? If so, how much is tax? This sort of thing could really blow my budget if taxes are too much. (tips are already budgeted in)

I'm confused right now. I thought it was simply the stated quote, and now I'm worrying I missed something. Anybody????

Rome in Limo did not add any additional fees or tax to their quoted price. We paid in euros after our full day tour and gave the driver a tip. That was it.....no receipt....no problems. Never even thought to ask for a receipt.

This past fall, after A LOT of research, I booked three tours with RomeinLimo - A Tuscany tour, a day in Rome with a private tour of the Vatican, a day that included a private tour of Pompeii and the rest of the day along the Amalfi Coast. There were just the two of us - husband and I - on these tours. It was somewhat difficult to commit to spending so much money for each of these days, but at the end of this cruise, we both agreed that each dollar (euro) we spent was so worth it. I know that our private tours are what made this trip such an amazing trip for us.

With RIL we gave them our credit card information to hold the reservations and paid our drivers in full in euros at the end of each day. For the private Vatican and Pompeii guides that RIL arranged for us, RIL added that cost to the amount due at the end of the day. I never thought of asking for a receipt, it just never dawned on me to do so.

I also read with interest many postings about tips for drivers, guides, etc., before going on this cruise always searching for the right thing to do. My findings are that there just isn't an answer to this question. It was made even more difficult since it was just the two of us. I ended up tipping a little over 10% of whatever my cost was. I tipped the private guides separately at the end of each of those tours. Believe me, all of our drivers/guides deserved tips. For the great day/service we received I would have tipped even more if I could have afforded it - it was just out of the question with the terrible exchange rate.

By the way, we used Athens by Taxi in Athens (obviously) and EKOL in Istanbul and Ephesus. I prepaid EKOL in US dollars via credit card before the cruise. In Athens I did not ask for nor did I get a receipt. I tipped a little over 10% in Athens and I tipped about 20% in Turkey as those tours were so inexpensive.

This past fall, after A LOT of research, I booked three tours with RomeinLimo - A Tuscany tour, a day in Rome with a private tour of the Vatican, a day that included a private tour of Pompeii and the rest of the day along the Amalfi Coast. There were just the two of us - husband and I - on these tours. It was somewhat difficult to commit to spending so much money for each of these days, but at the end of this cruise, we both agreed that each dollar (euro) we spent was so worth it. I know that our private tours are what made this trip such an amazing trip for us.

With RIL we gave them our credit card information to hold the reservations and paid our drivers in full in euros at the end of each day. For the private Vatican and Pompeii guides that RIL arranged for us, RIL added that cost to the amount due at the end of the day. I never thought of asking for a receipt, it just never dawned on me to do so.

I also read with interest many postings about tips for drivers, guides, etc., before going on this cruise always searching for the right thing to do. My findings are that there just isn't an answer to this question. It was made even more difficult since it was just the two of us. I ended up tipping a little over 10% of whatever my cost was. I tipped the private guides separately at the end of each of those tours. Believe me, all of our drivers/guides deserved tips. For the great day/service we received I would have tipped even more if I could have afforded it - it was just out of the question with the terrible exchange rate.

I'm having the same justification issue as you. I've committed to these three tours you took and two others with RIL for just my DH and I. I'm hoping he'll feel the same way IF I ever tell him how much it cost. Some things are better left unsaid. :D Like you, I've read and re-read and I decided that I would prefer to pay a little more and make it perfect, walking away with fabulous memories.

Read your post stating your on a med cruise May 23rd and not gotten anyone yet to join us on tours. Which cruiseline are you on? We'll be on the May 23rd Norweigan Jade, in the med, and are also looking to get a group together for some private tours.

No luck on the roll call boards yet.

Read your post stating your on a med cruise May 23rd and not gotten anyone yet to join us on tours. Which cruiseline are you on? We'll be on the May 23rd Norweigan Jade, in the med, and are also looking to get a group together for some private tours.

No luck on the roll call boards yet.

You are probably way too early. I had the most luck the month or so immediately prior, and as I've said before, you could just as easily wait until you board and recruit people there--it's pretty easy.
I'm having the same justification issue as you. I've committed to these three tours you took and two others with RIL for just my DH and I. I'm hoping he'll feel the same way IF I ever tell him how much it cost. Some things are better left unsaid. Like you, I've read and re-read and I decided that I would prefer to pay a little more and make it perfect, walking away with fabulous memories.
One very easy way to significantly cut the per person costs of these great tours is to book a bigger vehicle or van and recruite others to share the tour and cost. It's not difficult to find friends or cruisecritic folks on your roll call with very similar or identical interests. And as the tour organizer, you get to break any ties as to what to do and when. ;-) Edited by Terpnut

You are probably way too early. I had the most luck the month or so immediately prior, and as I've said before, you could just as easily wait until you board and recruit people there--it's pretty easy.

One very easy way to significantly cut the per person costs of these great tours is to book a bigger vehicle or van and recruite others to share the tour and cost. It's not difficult to find friends or cruisecritic folks on your roll call with very similar or identical interests. And as the tour organizer, you get to break any ties as to what to do and when. ;-)

Well, right now I have one person on my roll call that comes back about every 3 to 4 weeks to make one post. That person is traveling with others (I think around 6 or 8 total). I actually started posting on another thread because it was more active with the same itinerary a month earlier. Part of me wants someone to join us (for the cost) and the other part is saying "You know what? You spend tons on money on your family and doing things for other people, its time to spend some of that money on just us."

Well, right now I have one person on my roll call that comes back about every 3 to 4 weeks to make one post. That person is traveling with others (I think around 6 or 8 total). I actually started posting on another thread because it was more active with the same itinerary a month earlier. Part of me wants someone to join us (for the cost) and the other part is saying "You know what? You spend tons on money on your family and doing things for other people, its time to spend some of that money on just us."

Hang in there, NEN. I hope more will join your roll call over the next few months. I think part of it could be because we're cruising on such a small ship and on a new itinerary too. I'm still hoping you'll change your mind and join us instead! :D

We are on the RCL voyager.

On May 25th- in Naples

May 26th- Rome

May 27- Florence

May 28- Ville France ( Nice)

May 29th ( Toulon) Provence

Even if we are on different ships maybe we can hook up?

you can email me privately at whitem23@comcast.net

We have found 1 couple for Naples, but could use 1 more and need to find some fun friends for the other ports too- I agree these private tours are great, but the cost for two is a little over the top

You are correct ... these tours are expensive when compared to the ship when there are only two people. But, when you have four you'll find they are usually less than the ship. But I'll tell you, after experiencing the freedom that you have with Rome in Limo ... being able to go where you want when you want ... I'd now be willing to pay even more if I were forced to. We really enjoyed the experience with them. We're looking forward to using them again in summer of 2010 when out cruise ends in Rome!

Hi-I'm just finally getting around to doing a cruise review of our recent cruise. The reason I am putting it under this heading is because Romeinlimo was our major tour guide during our time spent in Europe.

We started off in Barcelona where we spent one night pre-cruise at Hotel Continental. When we were there 2 yrs. ago,we were in a somewhat spacious(European standard)room. This time, they put us in one of their so-called renovated rooms which was the size of a large closet. We literally jumped from the door onto the bed and stayed there. While the free continental breakfast is still decent, I do not think we would be enticed to return to Hotel Continental any time soon.

The next morning, we jumped in a cab(quite happily, I might add) and proceeded to the port. We arrived around 11am and just as easy as can be,got in line and walked through with no pauses whatsoever. We did purchase some wine in the duty-free shop at the pier and proceeded on-board where we were greeted with champagne and mimosas. Love that touch! Our CC room was awaiting with yet more champagne(or whatever it is they call it!) and an OBC credit from our TA. Could this cruise get any better????

We dumped our stuff and checked out the lunch buffet which tasted wonderful. We had previously been on the Golden Princess a few months prior and were somewhat disappointed with the flow of the buffet-it just seemed to create logjams everywhere. This time around,everthing just seemed to flow. The servers were very gracious and carried my tray to the table several times during the week.

That night we met our tablemates at dinner and they have become fast friends. Hello to Jayne and Peter and Don and Jo-Elle. They were the absolute best as were our waiters. I'm sorry-after all this time I have forgotten their names,but there wasn't anything that couldn't be done for us.

The next day we tendered into Cannes where Catherine Coppex from travel tour prestige was waiting. She was fabulous and so animated!! What a funny,lovely lady-she kept a van full of us entertained the whole day and suggested a wonderful lunch in Nice that was full of locals,not tourists. The weather was in the mid-20's and glorious. St. Paul-de-Vence was my favourite place that we travelled that day. Full of artists' colonies and cobblestone steps, it's very easy to get lost in the maze of twists and turns. Once can also look out onto the grave of Marc Chagall, the famous painter, in the beautiful flower-lined cemetery beneath the wall. Our last stop of the day was at the Fragonard Perfumerie where the smell prevented some of us from going in,but others enjoyed and purchased some scents. The smell was very strong, I found.

Next day, we docked in Genoa, which is a place I knew nothing about so off we went with no pre-conceived idea of what to expect. It turns out,we were very pleasantly surprised by what we found! The huge St. Lorenzo cathedral was our first stop after being driven into the centre of town by taxi. We picked up a local map at a nearby travel info centre which was very helpful. From the cathedral, we literally roamed the streets,not having a clue where we wanted to go, but just enjoying the beauty of the place. We ended up in a town square with the most beautiful fountain I have ever seen! From there, we walked down a boutique-laden street(big names)until we found the birthplace of Christopher Columbus. We literally turned the corner and it was there. The place is VERY tiny but interesting to see.

After lunching at an outdoor cafe,we were off to see the Japanese bird garden., What I wasn't expecting was the smell!! And right after eating,it wasn't very pleasant!! So, we kept walking and walking and walking until we realized we had absolutely no idea where we were;then, much to my husband's dismay(you know how they are-I can find the way!),I hailed a taxi back to the port. If I had left it to him, we would still be in Genoa looking for the right street!!

Next port was Livorno. For this one, we simply decided to take the Celebrity bus into town and do the sight-seeing on our own. First stop was Pisa, which was so beautiful as it was early morning and we were the first ones there. As we were leaving,we saw the big tour buses pulling into the parking lot,so I'm glad we got there first. Trudy was our guide and she was very knowledgeable-very funny! The sight of the stalls next to the Tower of Pisa is somewhat disconcerting. It just feels out of place somehow.

Next up was Florence,a place we have never been and it was everything we expected and more. It was more compact in size than I expected and walking was no problem. The Accademia(for which we had tickets) was only a 10 min. walk at the most from the main square. What we enjoyed the most was eating gelato and sitting in the square people-watching! We did some shopping but for the most part just soaked up the culture and the beauty of the place. I must say I also enjoyed the drive to and from the port through the countryside-absolutely beautiful. If we are ever lucky enough to return, I would love to have a tour through the rural areas.

After a peaceful nights sleep, we were in Rome again! This time around I wanted to see the Appian Way and the Roman Forum up close. So, we hired Romeinlimo whom we had used 2 years ago and had absolute faith in. Sure enough, Vincenzo was there to greet us and soon we were at the Appian Way touring the catacombs. What an experience to go beneath the ground and view such ancient burial places. I though I would be really creeped out but I was more in awe than anything. We drove by the Quo Vadis church where Peter supposedly saw Christ who encouraged him to return to Rome. It was closed.

Next up was the Roman Forum which we got to see only from the top of the Capitoline Hill last time. This time, we were totally immersed in the hub-bub of the action. Even though I had a map with me of the buildings, I felt so small and insignificant next to these massive buildings which had withstood eternity. Even now when I look back on my pictures, I can't believe I was actually there. After puffing and panting up the stairs to the Capitoline Hill(there's a lot of stairs there!!!), we met up with Vincenzo who then took us to a restaurant close to the Vatican by the name of Osteria dei Pontefici. Very appropriately named as it has pictures of the popes on the walls. While the main course was very good, all that I remember is the tiramisu that we had for dessert!!!!! The best ever!!! We had asked Vincenzo to join us for lunch-he couldn't but he did join us for coffee and dessert. We so enjoyed talking to him!

Last stop before the ship was the Vatican Musuems and to be perfectly honest, we did not do it justice. The place was full of tour groups and most of the time was spent either in front or behind them! One thing that I was particularly interested in seeing was the famous painting of the two fingers touching-I can't remember the name of it now. We finally arrived in this huge room where all the guard were telling everybody to hush and I just happened to look up and see it on the ceiling. I nearly shrieked in excitement-but it was so small!! I had expected it to cover nearly a ceiling,but it was just so minimal in size. Almost like seeing the MOna Lisa for the first time and realizing how small the painting is......

That ended the day for us.....we chatted with Vincenzo all the way back to the port and again,bid good-bye to Romeinlimo!

Next day, we were in Naples and had Giovanni and Gennaro from romeinlimo waiting for all 9 of us!! We had booked them for a full day tour of the Amalfi coast including a tour of Pompeii. This was a most beautiful day,both in terms of weather,good friends and good food and wine(and limoncello!!) After driving along the coast and seeing more postcard-perfect pictures than one can imagine, we landed at Trattoria La Tagliata-a restaurant high in the hills of Positano with views to die for!! One lady in our group(Anne?????!!!!) even took a picture from the bathroom window!! That's how amazing it was. In addition to the amazing view, food, and wine, they had entertainment to boot!!! Pappa took time out from the kitchen with his wooden instrument and joined the group in serenading us. We were waving our napkins in the air and clapping and singing,and before we knew it, it was time to go. If you are ever lucky enough to go,you will enjoy yourself immensely. The place was packed(we had reservations),so you'd better call ahead. www.latagliata.com.

Next up was a life-long dream come true for me--Pompeii. We had a lovely guide by the name of Lucia who really knew her history and made it come alive for us as she took us down the bumpy roads. It was just amazing to behold the place of such destruction and to see beauty all around. The dogs are abundant and appear to be well-cared for. We saw several tourists feeding them.

The house that really interested me was the House of the Poet with the Beware of Dog sign at the front. Even back then, they had their problems with trespassers! We peeked through the gates and saw a beautiful garden in the back. It allowed us a glimpse into the life of an ordinary man who went through such an extraordinary situation.

The sun was just setting as we left Pompeii and it will be a memory of a lifetime. We,being Canadians, thought the weather was very mild, but poor Lucia was bundled up against what she thought was frigid weather!!

We were very lucky to have such a sweet,intelligent guide! So, we said good-bye and headed to the port and for the last time,said good-bye to romeinlimo. The two drivers made the trip a wonderful experience and I can't say enough about this company. They truly care about their customers and really do aim to please!

Well, my trip report is over. Next up is Celebrity Constellation to Northern Europe. As you can tell, we love Celebrity-I only wish they had romeinlimo in no. Europe!! All the best, Shelly:)

You're not going to the Med until October, right? It's waaaaaaaaay too early to have any significant roll call activity for a cruise that far out. Sure, there may be a few early birds like you, but as I said before, you won't have any real activity until a month or two prior to your sailing. Just be patient and you will certainly be able to coordinate a larger group, if you so desire.

One thing is absolutely certain: your ship will sail full and there will be thousands of others to exchange ideas and to share tours with.

Edited by Terpnut

Hi-I'm just finally getting around to doing a cruise review of our recent cruise. The reason I am putting it under this heading is because Romeinlimo was our major tour guide during our time spent in Europe.

We started off in Barcelona where we spent one night pre-cruise at Hotel Continental. When we were there 2 yrs. ago,we were in a somewhat spacious(European standard)room. This time, they put us in one of their so-called renovated rooms which was the size of a large closet. We literally jumped from the door onto the bed and stayed there. While the free continental breakfast is still decent, I do not think we would be enticed to return to Hotel Continental any time soon.

The next morning, we jumped in a cab(quite happily, I might add) and proceeded to the port. We arrived around 11am and just as easy as can be,got in line and walked through with no pauses whatsoever. We did purchase some wine in the duty-free shop at the pier and proceeded on-board where we were greeted with champagne and mimosas. Love that touch! Our CC room was awaiting with yet more champagne(or whatever it is they call it!) and an OBC credit from our TA. Could this cruise get any better????

We dumped our stuff and checked out the lunch buffet which tasted wonderful. We had previously been on the Golden Princess a few months prior and were somewhat disappointed with the flow of the buffet-it just seemed to create logjams everywhere. This time around,everthing just seemed to flow. The servers were very gracious and carried my tray to the table several times during the week.

That night we met our tablemates at dinner and they have become fast friends. Hello to Jayne and Peter and Don and Jo-Elle. They were the absolute best as were our waiters. I'm sorry-after all this time I have forgotten their names,but there wasn't anything that couldn't be done for us.

The next day we tendered into Cannes where Catherine Coppex from travel tour prestige was waiting. She was fabulous and so animated!! What a funny,lovely lady-she kept a van full of us entertained the whole day and suggested a wonderful lunch in Nice that was full of locals,not tourists. The weather was in the mid-20's and glorious. St. Paul-de-Vence was my favourite place that we travelled that day. Full of artists' colonies and cobblestone steps, it's very easy to get lost in the maze of twists and turns. Once can also look out onto the grave of Marc Chagall, the famous painter, in the beautiful flower-lined cemetery beneath the wall. Our last stop of the day was at the Fragonard Perfumerie where the smell prevented some of us from going in,but others enjoyed and purchased some scents. The smell was very strong, I found.

Next day, we docked in Genoa, which is a place I knew nothing about so off we went with no pre-conceived idea of what to expect. It turns out,we were very pleasantly surprised by what we found! The huge St. Lorenzo cathedral was our first stop after being driven into the centre of town by taxi. We picked up a local map at a nearby travel info centre which was very helpful. From the cathedral, we literally roamed the streets,not having a clue where we wanted to go, but just enjoying the beauty of the place. We ended up in a town square with the most beautiful fountain I have ever seen! From there, we walked down a boutique-laden street(big names)until we found the birthplace of Christopher Columbus. We literally turned the corner and it was there. The place is VERY tiny but interesting to see.

After lunching at an outdoor cafe,we were off to see the Japanese bird garden., What I wasn't expecting was the smell!! And right after eating,it wasn't very pleasant!! So, we kept walking and walking and walking until we realized we had absolutely no idea where we were;then, much to my husband's dismay(you know how they are-I can find the way!),I hailed a taxi back to the port. If I had left it to him, we would still be in Genoa looking for the right street!!

Next port was Livorno. For this one, we simply decided to take the Celebrity bus into town and do the sight-seeing on our own. First stop was Pisa, which was so beautiful as it was early morning and we were the first ones there. As we were leaving,we saw the big tour buses pulling into the parking lot,so I'm glad we got there first. Trudy was our guide and she was very knowledgeable-very funny! The sight of the stalls next to the Tower of Pisa is somewhat disconcerting. It just feels out of place somehow.

Next up was Florence,a place we have never been and it was everything we expected and more. It was more compact in size than I expected and walking was no problem. The Accademia(for which we had tickets) was only a 10 min. walk at the most from the main square. What we enjoyed the most was eating gelato and sitting in the square people-watching! We did some shopping but for the most part just soaked up the culture and the beauty of the place. I must say I also enjoyed the drive to and from the port through the countryside-absolutely beautiful. If we are ever lucky enough to return, I would love to have a tour through the rural areas.

After a peaceful nights sleep, we were in Rome again! This time around I wanted to see the Appian Way and the Roman Forum up close. So, we hired Romeinlimo whom we had used 2 years ago and had absolute faith in. Sure enough, Vincenzo was there to greet us and soon we were at the Appian Way touring the catacombs. What an experience to go beneath the ground and view such ancient burial places. I though I would be really creeped out but I was more in awe than anything. We drove by the Quo Vadis church where Peter supposedly saw Christ who encouraged him to return to Rome. It was closed.

Next up was the Roman Forum which we got to see only from the top of the Capitoline Hill last time. This time, we were totally immersed in the hub-bub of the action. Even though I had a map with me of the buildings, I felt so small and insignificant next to these massive buildings which had withstood eternity. Even now when I look back on my pictures, I can't believe I was actually there. After puffing and panting up the stairs to the Capitoline Hill(there's a lot of stairs there!!!), we met up with Vincenzo who then took us to a restaurant close to the Vatican by the name of Osteria dei Pontefici. Very appropriately named as it has pictures of the popes on the walls. While the main course was very good, all that I remember is the tiramisu that we had for dessert!!!!! The best ever!!! We had asked Vincenzo to join us for lunch-he couldn't but he did join us for coffee and dessert. We so enjoyed talking to him!

Last stop before the ship was the Vatican Musuems and to be perfectly honest, we did not do it justice. The place was full of tour groups and most of the time was spent either in front or behind them! One thing that I was particularly interested in seeing was the famous painting of the two fingers touching-I can't remember the name of it now. We finally arrived in this huge room where all the guard were telling everybody to hush and I just happened to look up and see it on the ceiling. I nearly shrieked in excitement-but it was so small!! I had expected it to cover nearly a ceiling,but it was just so minimal in size. Almost like seeing the MOna Lisa for the first time and realizing how small the painting is......

That ended the day for us.....we chatted with Vincenzo all the way back to the port and again,bid good-bye to Romeinlimo!

Next day, we were in Naples and had Giovanni and Gennaro from romeinlimo waiting for all 9 of us!! We had booked them for a full day tour of the Amalfi coast including a tour of Pompeii. This was a most beautiful day,both in terms of weather,good friends and good food and wine(and limoncello!!) After driving along the coast and seeing more postcard-perfect pictures than one can imagine, we landed at Trattoria La Tagliata-a restaurant high in the hills of Positano with views to die for!! One lady in our group(Anne?????!!!!) even took a picture from the bathroom window!! That's how amazing it was. In addition to the amazing view, food, and wine, they had entertainment to boot!!! Pappa took time out from the kitchen with his wooden instrument and joined the group in serenading us. We were waving our napkins in the air and clapping and singing,and before we knew it, it was time to go. If you are ever lucky enough to go,you will enjoy yourself immensely. The place was packed(we had reservations),so you'd better call ahead. www.latagliata.com.

Next up was a life-long dream come true for me--Pompeii. We had a lovely guide by the name of Lucia who really knew her history and made it come alive for us as she took us down the bumpy roads. It was just amazing to behold the place of such destruction and to see beauty all around. The dogs are abundant and appear to be well-cared for. We saw several tourists feeding them.

The house that really interested me was the House of the Poet with the Beware of Dog sign at the front. Even back then, they had their problems with trespassers! We peeked through the gates and saw a beautiful garden in the back. It allowed us a glimpse into the life of an ordinary man who went through such an extraordinary situation.

The sun was just setting as we left Pompeii and it will be a memory of a lifetime. We,being Canadians, thought the weather was very mild, but poor Lucia was bundled up against what she thought was frigid weather!!

We were very lucky to have such a sweet,intelligent guide! So, we said good-bye and headed to the port and for the last time,said good-bye to romeinlimo. The two drivers made the trip a wonderful experience and I can't say enough about this company. They truly care about their customers and really do aim to please!

Well, my trip report is over. Next up is Celebrity Constellation to Northern Europe. As you can tell, we love Celebrity-I only wish they had romeinlimo in no. Europe!! All the best, Shelly:)

Thanks for the review, I enjoy your post :)

There is a lot of great information and I've tried to read through it all. I would definitely like to book my Rome tour with RomeInLimo.

Several driver/guides names have been mentioned. We will have three children with us (13,11 and 8). Is there one particular driver that anyone has found especially good with a younger audience? We really want someone who is both informative and interesting (it sounds like all are!).

Thank you for any advice.:)

There is a lot of great information and I've tried to read through it all. I would definitely like to book my Rome tour with RomeInLimo.

Several driver/guides names have been mentioned. We will have three children with us (13,11 and 8). Is there one particular driver that anyone has found especially good with a younger audience? We really want someone who is both informative and interesting (it sounds like all are!).

Thank you for any advice.:)

If you are referring the question to me, I would ask Jany's opinion since she would know who has children. Duman is young and energetic and I'm sure would keep the children "entertained" while being a great driver/guide. Vincenzo is the other gentlemen we had and he is also great,so run it by Jany and she what she suggests! Shelly:)