RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

i have tried multiole times to cocntact RIL thru email. No resposne from them. Any suggestions??? Anyone else have this problem???

Are you sure you have the correct email address?

Jany at Romeinlimo ALWAYS replies very promptly.

You may want to check your "Junk Mail" folder.

The information below is directly from the Romeinlimo website:

PLEASE NOTE

Pay attention to the email address you insert. An incorrect email address will not allow us to answer you.

In order to ensure the delivery of our emails, please add our email address info@romeinlimo.com to your address book.

If you use a SPAM filter, please make sure to include info@romeinlimo.com as a legitimate sender of email communication.

Try again!

Are you sure you have the correct email address?

Jany at Romeinlimo ALWAYS replies very promptly.

You may want to check your "Junk Mail" folder.

The information below is directly from the Romeinlimo website:

PLEASE NOTE

Pay attention to the email address you insert. An incorrect email address will not allow us to answer you.

In order to ensure the delivery of our emails, please add our email address info@romeinlimo.com to your address book.

If you use a SPAM filter, please make sure to include info@romeinlimo.com as a legitimate sender of email communication.

Try again!

They finally answered. Apparently they were having trouble with their contact form on their website.

They finally answered. Apparently they were having trouble with their contact form on their website.

Good to know. I just knew there had to be something wrong, because they are always so good and quick with their correspondence.

You are in good hands with RIL. I am a huge fan because of our wonderful experience. We are using them again this year for our day in Naples and for transfers.

Enjoy!

There really isn't anything I can add to the wonderful reviews of RIL. We used this company during our 2009 Med. cruise and have them booked for our September cruise. Everyone is so professional and helpful. Jany promptly answers all questions and when I made a mistake with booking in '09 Duman called me from Rome. You can't beat this fantastic service. The drivers are always prompt, knowledgeable, friendly, and if you're lucky some even sing!;)

This might be a question that has been asked before about RIL tours - sorry if it's a duplicate. When booking the tour you are asked for a credit card # - is that only to reserve? I volunteerd to research Rome tours for others on the cruise - I certainly would not want to put out a large sum of money in advance of the actual tour. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi All,

We are just back from our cruise and I wanted to give some feedback on the Etruscan Tour with RIL. It was AWESOME! Jany was always helpful and prompt when we were setting it up ahead, and Maurizio was at the docks waiting when we came to disembark. We were a group of six and he took us to the necropolis at Tarquinnia where we met Clauido, the guide for this portion of the day. She took us through the etruscan tombs after giving us an overview of the timeline and the peoples that had lived in that region and what their lives were like. It was fascinating. We then went with Maurizio to the museum where Claudio met us again, and guided us through the museum.

After the museum, we said goodbye to Claudio, and we were in Maurizio's care for the rest of the day. What a great day! We went to Ceri and had a fantastic lunch that Maurizio helped arrange, and then on to Anguillara after lunch. Both were beautiful and well worth visiting. All so different from Rome.

If anybody has any questions, I will be happy to try to answer them.

Lori

Hi all... We just booked Romeinlimo for Naples & Rome on our August cruise. I know tipping is handled a little differently in Europe but just wondered if I should plan on 20% for our drivers as if we were in the States or what sort of percentage should I budget for?? What is appropriate there?? We also booked private guides for the Coliseum, the Vatican and Pompeii so I assume we need to tip them as well...same percentage as what is recommended for the drivers or what??? TIA!

Hi all... We just booked Romeinlimo for Naples & Rome on our August cruise. I know tipping is handled a little differently in Europe but just wondered if I should plan on 20% for our drivers as if we were in the States or what sort of percentage should I budget for?? What is appropriate there?? We also booked private guides for the Coliseum, the Vatican and Pompeii so I assume we need to tip them as well...same percentage as what is recommended for the drivers or what??? TIA!

We haven't used RIL, yet, but we will use them on our May cruise....but from the research I have read, it seems that 10% was the general consensus.....of course you can tip 20%, because it sounds like they deserve it, but from what I understand 10% seem to be the average from tour guides to the drivers?

From you RIL experts, is that correct??

Edited by elsplace2

This subject has come up here many, many times, so I suggest that you do a search for more opinions :)

I have tried to contact RIL through their website for over a week and no response from them. Is there any other way to contact them?

I also found that their form to contact them via the website doesn't seem to work right... Try emailing directly to: infor@romeinlimo.com and Jany should answer you shortly...she seems to be pretty on the ball...

Check your spam folder, I had many of the emails from various operators in Europe go to the spam folder, why I could never figure out. Must be something funny about the IP address or worse.

I have tried to contact RIL through their website for over a week and no response from them. Is there any other way to contact them?

It's up to you how much you tip. We've used RIL several times and really enjoyed them so we tipped pretty good. Glad to see you're goingto Pompeii. I found the place stunning. And get your own guide there and at the Vatican. Well worth it.

My family had the great fortune of using Romeinlimo two years ago for their wonderful Rome in a Day tour, including the Vatican with guide, after disembarking at the end of a Celebrity cruise in Civitiavecchia. Beyond the excellent job they do organizing the tours, and taking the worry out of planning, what made our experience special was the way our driver and our Vatican guide (Julia) kept our two boys (8 and 4 years old at the time) involved and entertained during the tour. We were worried that they would be disinterested with the sights and history of Rome, but they both did an excellent job of keeping them entertained and involved between the tour stops and at the Vatican. Without hesitation, I would recommend Romeinlimo for families wanting to explore the historical beauty of Rome.

As we are returning for another Celebrity cruise this summer, this time with a stop in Naples, has anyone had experience with Romeinlimo's kid friendly excursions in Naples, keeping in mind we will have a 9 and 5 year old with us. Would you recommend one of their specific tours over another?

I used Rome in Limo for Rome and had a wonderful experience, but for Naples, Naples area, as well as the Amalfi coast, my choice is Sorrento Silver Star.

Our group of 6 used Romeinlimo during our vacation in July of 2009. We booked them in three ports........Florence, Naples, and Rome. Our drivers were friendly and well versed on everything that we wanted or needed to know.

We came home singing their praises....told our neighbors..they loved them, six months later. Told other family friends three months later, they went and loved them........

They are wonderful....and we will be using them again on our next trip.

Jany is always quick to reply, if you have not heard back from her, I would check the e-mail address you sent it to as well as your spam folder.

As far as a tip goes, 10- 20% is about average. After spending the day with them, you will be more than happy to spend the 20%, which is what we did in Florence and Rome. We also had them set up a Vatican tour guide for us, she was wonderful and yes, a tip was very much called for for her a well.

You will be very happy with RIL. Friends we toured with on our cruise in 2009 have booked them again for this April. I refer them to everyone I know heading to Italy. You won't be disappointed.