Sun Princess - Review and Photos

worldinabag

Hi

I'm new to this forum so cheerios to all. :p I have just returned from a cruise on the Sun Princess. The following links may prove useful for anyone contemplating cruising with this ship. You can email me on mauro2303@hotmail.com if you have any queries and I'll try to answer them for you! Please no spam : :)

Review: http://worldinabag.blogspot.com/

Photos:

Hi

I'm new to this forum so cheerios to all. :p I have just returned from a cruise on the Sun Princess. The following links may prove useful for anyone contemplating cruising with this ship. You can email me on mauro2303@hotmail.com if you have any queries and I'll try to answer them for you! Please no spam : :)

Review: http://worldinabag.blogspot.com/

Photos:

What a great post. I too have sailed on aloha deck and have booked the same area again for our next january cruise.

Now to check out your photos.

thank you.

Ps you should not get any spam, I have posted my hotmail a few times and get nothing.

worldinabag,

Thanks a lot for the review and great pictures. We loved the Sun and her sister ships.

You mentioned that gratuity for alcoholic drinks was 10%. We are used to paying 15% on Princess ships. Is this the policy on Australia-based Princess ships, like the Sun and Dawn?

Thanks again,

David

Thanks all for the feedback. I do hope it helps future cruise passengers and brings back memories for those of us who've been. Dave, yeah we had a 10% gratuity in Australian waters. I seem to remember reading somewhere that 15% was the American standard :confused:

Thanks all for the feedback. I do hope it helps future cruise passengers and brings back memories for those of us who've been. Dave, yeah we had a 10% gratuity in Australian waters. I seem to remember reading somewhere that 15% was the American standard :confused:

Thanks for that.

David

Thanks again y'all. Hi Purpledragon. I'm afraid I can't recall his name. I was impressed by the fact he was a good speaker, kept passengers regularly informed and was able to competently handle a mini crisis. (hurricane off Queensland). Sorry for the delay in my reply. I'm stiil coming to grips on how this forum works. Is there an alert when one's thread is added too?

Dear worldinabag

Thanks for the great review and photos. We are sailing Sun Princess 17 June and have a roll call happening. Hope you dont mind but have shared your review and photos on there my fellow sailmates As if we weren't all excited enough ... your review has me packing already !!

Glad you had a great cruise

Jane

Hi Cheekyminx and where2next.

I am glad you found my post helpful. No cheeky, I don't mind you sharing the info - the more the merrier. I note you sailed the Superstar Virgo. I sailed on the Superstar Gemini last year. I had such a wonderful time I am now a cruise addict (and a "cruise critic" :D). Happy cruising with golden sunsets.

Hi Worldinabag,

Thank you so much for the wonderful photos and your blog - it was a great read.

My husband and I are also looking at going on the Sun Princess in January 2011 on a 13 day cruise to New Zealand. We cruised to Tasmania (Australia) in February of this year on the Dawn Princess and had a ball - so I'm sure the Sun Princess (sister to the Dawn) will be just as great.

Again, thank you for the photos and your comments.

Cheers,

Vicki.

• 3 weeks later...

my wife and i are booked to go on the Sun Princess in August and have been starved for info and reviews of the ship. I stumbled across your review after your cruise in March? and am now even more excited about our trip (which is now about 8 weeks away...how exciting!!!). You've done a great job with your review and we love your photos. All round you have made our lead up even more real and we are very thankful of your reviews!!

Keep up the great work!

Rob and Kel

• 2 years later...

Hi Purpledragon

I have just returned from Syd-Fremantle on Sun Princess. Cabin A522

Captain Craig Street is now guiding the Sun Princess to all it's exotic destinations.

He was an excellent captain. He is English but now resides in Canada.

His daily reports were full of interest and humour. He did a good 'meet and greet' A very personable man who gave an impression of being very competent.

Hope this helps.

Archived