Past Guest Cocktail Party

jtpost84

Hi everyone,

Heard rumors that Carnival has a Past Guest Cocktail Party. Can anyone tell me exactly what this entails? And is it on every cruise? Thanks!

Joe

Five day and longer cruises only.

A few snacks and free drinks. Can ask for something else if they're not handing out something you like.

Promotional video shown - pretty poor actually.

We are leaving in a week:) This will be DH's 2nd and my 1st...do we both get to go...or will he be the only one invited???

huge debate over this question.... They have people at the entrance asking to see your invitation to enter atleast they did on the Spirit last Febuary when i went....But i have also seen and heard of non past gueasts get in.........the only reason to go in my opinion is the free drinks....the rest of it is a waist of time.....

We are leaving in a week:) This will be DH's 2nd and my 1st...do we both get to go...or will he be the only one invited???

Vanderboom:

I have sailed twice as a past cruiser, while bringing a guest who was a first timer. They had NO PROBLEMS at all attending the repeat passenger cocktail party.

Just bear in mind. . . it really is no more than a few drinks and a pep talk by the cruise director.

Vanderboom:

I have sailed twice as a past cruiser, while bringing a guest who was a first timer. They had NO PROBLEMS at all attending the repeat passenger cocktail party.

Just bear in mind. . . it really is no more than a few drinks and a pep talk by the cruise director.

Thanks!!!

Our past couple have been in the main 'Theatre', and there are so many people there, it really doesn't seem worth the effort!;)

Naturally, everyone has their own 'take' on the function, and some really enjoy it!:) Give it 'a shot'!! :D

DW and I just like to sit at the aft Lido Bar, and have a couple DOD's/BEER, and mellow....:cool:

We always enjoyed it. But it's not a "ROCK THE HOUSE" type party. Just something to go to, relax, listen to what they have to say, have a few free drinks before you go some where else to party! The drinks are small, but the ones I had were strong!

Just off the Freedom and the past guest party was 45 minutes long. They had people walking around with trays filled with different drinks and appetizers. I drank 3 in 30 min! Very good rum punch. The cruise director thanked everyone for choosing to sail with Carnival again and wanted a show of hands of how many times we all had cruised with Carnival. One lady sailed 30 times! They also did a drawing by pulling one of the invite cards. That person won several things like a Carnival cookbook, How To Make Towel Animals book and also dinner for 2 at the Supper Club. Then they showed a little movie which had employees from Carnival thank us for coming back home and vacationing with them. Then they showed the fleet and when you saw a ship you previously sailed on we cheered. I thought it was really nice. It was held in the big theater.

Just off the Freedom and the past guest party was 45 minutes long. They had people walking around with trays filled with different drinks and appetizers. I drank 3 in 30 min! Very good rum punch. The cruise director thanked everyone for choosing to sail with Carnival again and wanted a show of hands of how many times we all had cruised with Carnival. One lady sailed 30 times! They also did a drawing by pulling one of the invite cards. That person won several things like a Carnival cookbook, How To Make Towel Animals book and also dinner for 2 at the Supper Club. Then they showed a little movie which had employees from Carnival thank us for coming back home and vacationing with them. Then they showed the fleet and when you saw a ship you previously sailed on we cheered. I thought it was really nice. It was held in the big theater.

We thought it was very nice. Nothing wrong with a free drink or two and for the Captain to say "thank you" for coming back. I really do think they appreicate and understand that we pay the bills and that without us....

I enjoyed cheering for our past ships as they flashed on the screen.

I think there's so many past guests these days, that it's going to be harder and harder to accomodate them. The last time I attended a past guest party in the aft lounge was on the Conquest in 2006.

They're just not what they used to be. :(

At least you won dinner in the supper club on that one!

Everyone is so nice today...

Let me change that.

It's a "PAST GUEST" party.

What part of "Past Guest" is hard to understand? :confused:

People usually bring another person to a party, and the complications come when one is a past guest and one is not.

People usually bring another person to a party, and the complications come when one is a past guest and one is not.

There wasn't any complications for me.

When I cruise with people who are not "Past Guests", I choose either not to attend or I bow out of other activities and attend without them. It's not like it's a mandatory requirement to attend.

When I receive an invitation to attend a party away from cruising, if the invite specifically states Mr. Klfrodo And GUEST, then I know I am welcome to bring a guest. I don't belive the invitations to the past guest party are addressed in that fashion. It is socially rude to bring a guest to a party they are not invited to.

It's more of a "live" commercial than a party...

With that said, Just off the Miracle Saturday... and I swore I would never go to this because it's boring.. but friends wanted to go..

When the CD (josh) asked how many new cruisers were present, there was ONE.. JUST ONE and this theater was PACKED.. over 900 repeat cruisers...

We have been to six of them and I think that they are a waste of time. Those saying how crowded they are are right. So many people at the one last week on the Glory that we had to literally chase down a server just to get our one and only glass of wine. Only one little appetizer, not even sure what it was.

They are off our itinerary for all future Carnival cruises

WE actually had fun on our Past Guest Party on the Splendor. But of course depends on the company you keep. Made friends with our waiter and we got 5 drinks each. He just went to the bar and brought them back for us. Blue Margarittas and Whiskey Sours flew. All we had to do was look at our waiter and he brought us more drinks.

I think they need to forget the party. Just give repeat cruisers some OBC with the money they would save from not holding the 'party.' Do repeat cruisers really need a Carnival rah-rah. I went this past time just to see. Waste of time.

Archived