Shame on you former cruisers...

nobody ever mentioned how depressed I would be on the day I had to leave the ship. :( I so did not want to leave. I can see how people easily become addicted to cruising. I know I did & so did my hubby. It took me 3 yrs to talk him into taking a cruise....he loves it! :D Time we checked into our hotel room after our cruise, he was online looking for the next one. Yeah!!!! :D :D :D :D

Yes, the Inspiration was fun as well as relaxing. They told us in the debarkation talk that we had about 316 kids on board. I don't believe I saw more than 10. I have no idea where all these kids were. LOL! The Inspiration was a great 1st cruise for hubby & I. We will be talking our boys on the next cruise so we'll be looking for a ship with a few more things for them to do....like basketball & maybe the flo-rider. We'll see what we can find. :)

nobody ever mentioned how depressed I would be on the day I had to leave the ship. :( I so did not want to leave. I can see how people easily become addicted to cruising. I know I did & so did my hubby. It took me 3 yrs to talk him into taking a cruise....he loves it! :D Time we checked into our hotel room after our cruise, he was online looking for the next one. Yeah!!!! :D :D :D :D

I read here on cc a beautiful thing that helps me with getting off the ship ( and also in other situations) : Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened ! I don't remember the poster's name, but my thanks go to that person.

I read here on cc a beautiful thing that helps me with getting off the ship ( and also in other situations) : Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened ! I don't remember the poster's name, but my thanks go to that person.

A beautiful sentiment.

I don't usually have post cruise let down because I usually have 2 or 3 booked in the future. And that's true this year, I have the Conquest in September and the Dream in December, but........

I'm in the cruise blue's right now, because after taking 4 last year I wanted to continue that and even increase it to 5 a year. I went on the Fantasy in February, but the union at the company where I work could go out on strike at any time and I can't be more than 24 hours away from deployment for strike duty.

But y'all may see a rarity here this summer. I don't like to sail in the summer and haven't done so since 2001. I just don't like all the kids. But if this strike thingy settles before the end of June I'm going to sneak down to the Conquest or the Ecstasy. :D

Post Cruise Depression -- and the only way to beat it is NEVER to take a cruise unless you already have your next one booked! :)

This is exactly what we do. We still get a mild case of depression( I guess you could call it whine flu) but this helps.

I never get the 'post cruise blue" because I always have several cruises to look forward to. I spend my time in between cruises doing my "homework". I'm so focused on our next cruises, I don't have time to feel bad about leaving my last cruise.

Archived