recycling clothing among cc members

Hello ladies,

I just came across this board and I think it is great. My DH and i are just starting cruising in the past year or two and will be doing alot more with three future cruises booked.

I will probably have a few things things to recycle - some never worn but I really haven't had the need for alot of dressy/evening clothes until now. I'm 56 and my days of wearing high strappy heels are over sadly due to balance issues. I'm planning on wearing chiffon pants and beaded tops, etc. when hubby is in his tux.

So are most of you ladies looking for either short cocktail, long gowns or evening bags and shoes? Does anyone ever look for lower heels?

And I think Marie is absolutely amazing and a very generous lady. It is great that others can enjoy her great sense of style by recycling!

Thanks,

Debbie

Hello ladies,

I just came across this board and I think it is great. My DH and i are just starting cruising in the past year or two and will be doing alot more with three future cruises booked.

I will probably have a few things things to recycle - some never worn but I really haven't had the need for alot of dressy/evening clothes until now. I'm 56 and my days of wearing high strappy heels are over sadly due to balance issues. I'm planning on wearing chiffon pants and beaded tops, etc. when hubby is in his tux.

So are most of you ladies looking for either short cocktail, long gowns or evening bags and shoes? Does anyone ever look for lower heels?

And I think Marie is absolutely amazing and a very generous lady. It is great that others can enjoy her great sense of style by recycling!

Thanks,

Debbie

Quite a few of us wear lower heeled shoes. I just passed on a pair that I had. And I've recycled chiffon pants, daytime dresses, a pair of trouser jeans, and even a bottle of foundation.

Amy,

I'm laughing about the foundation. I have used a Lancome foundation for years and they just went and switched up the colors, etc. and don't make mine any longer, so I can understand someone jumping on foundation! LOL I feel like I need to look on the black market!

It is good to know that other things besides evening wear and accessories are desired. Now I just need to look through my closet and figure out how to post a photo.

Debbie

I was a bit upset last night when I received an email from one of the lady who received one of my gowns. She accused me of misrepresenting the gown; apparently she could not get into the gown. She also said, since she cannot wear my gown, therefore she should not have to pay for the postage. I told her to throw it in the trash :mad::(.

I show my husband the email. He was upset too. He wanted me to take my clothes to the Goodwill. I have to think about this

M

Now I just need to look through my closet and figure out how to post a photo.

Debbie

Here is a link to the photography forum and the thread that tells you how to post a picture. If you have trouble posting a picture, leave a message over there and someone will help walk you through it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741

Edited by Scrapnana

Oh Marie that is just awful. I can't believe that someone would be so inconsiderate when you have been so generous!

I hope you don't decide to take your items to Goodwill, I've been hoping that I could be lucky enough to get at least one of your lovely dresses!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I was a bit upset last night when I received an email from one of the lady who received one of my gowns. She accused me of misrepresenting the gown; apparently she could not get into the gown. She also said, since she cannot wear my gown, therefore she should not have to pay for the postage. I told her to throw it in the trash :mad::(.

I show my husband the email. He was upset too. He wanted me to take my clothes to the Goodwill. I have to think about this

M

That is unbelievable ! What nerve that woman has ! You are so generous .If you are serious about donating your gorgeous dresses please consider donating them to some place that raises money for abused women .

Marie,

I'm so sorry this happened. You are offering these things for no cost out of the kindness of your heart. I cannot fathom how someone could be upset with you.

If you sent me a dress and it didn't fit, I would probably just repost a pic and tell everyone that the dress is available again as it didn't fit. I can't imagine the shipping is that much - although I'm not sure where you are shipping from.

I'm sure everyone realizes that it is the risk they take when receiving something they cannot try on first.

Suddently I'm sad. I had just found this board and was thinking how great it was. That it was nice to see such generousity and appreciation.... I can imagine getting a dress and being disappointed that it didn't fit - but it was free!! (except for shipping) and I think someone should just pay it forward and repost.

So sorry, Marie - I would feel the same way... might as well give it away rather than deal with this type of thing but it seems to me you have made alot of ladies very happy and most seem really appreciative.

Debbie

M

Wow! I can't believe this happened! (Well, maybe if it's one person I've read about who seems to have some problems but not sure she ever was lucky enough to get one of your fabulous gowns! )

Although she would never apologize, I think all of us apologize to you for her immature behavior. You have been so generous here that it's appalling someone would be so rude (definitely would like to apply other language to describe her!!!)

I hope you continue to recycle your beautiful gowns here because there are many of us who would never be able to afford such attire. (Just wish I were able to fit into any of them!!! Maybe one of these days I'll score a purse or something.)

Please don't hold this one witch against all the sweet ladies on this board.

Edited by Suitcasefull

M

Wow! How can someone be so ungrateful? You always put the size of the dress on the pics. One should know if they can't wear that size! I'm just saying!

I agree with indygolfer, I hope one bad apple doesn't prevent you from sharing your gorgeous items in the future. And I was just thinking, with a good pair of heels, I might could wear one of those lovely gowns!:)

Not to mention the handbags!:p

Marie, I believe you are such a kind person with a huge heart!

M

Marie,

Please don't stop sharing with people on CC! Although I could never fit in any of your dresses, I know how much they mean to almost everyone who is lucky enough to get one. I am amazed anyone would be crass enough to say this to you. Don't give up on us!

Kathi

Oh Marie that is just awful. I can't believe that someone would be so inconsiderate when you have been so generous!

I hope you don't decide to take your items to Goodwill, I've been hoping that I could be lucky enough to get at least one of your lovely dresses!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hi Marie,

I agree with indygolfer1, I think it is just awful that this woman could be so inconsiderate of your generosity. My guess is that she just doesn't want to pay you the postage so she is coming up with a lame and hurtful excuse!

I guess it takes all kinds!!!icon8.gif

Cathy

Marie, we all appreciate your generosity. You always provide pictures and list the sizes so I don't know why she would accuse you of misrepresenting the gown. Like Kim said, tell her to send the dress to one of us and we'll pay the shipping :-)

Wendy

Oh my Marie this is simply horrid! What a classless individual! I have thought, each time I was lucky enough to receive one of your gorgeous items that if it didn't work for me, I'd ask you if there was someone else who had wanted it, or just repost it back on here.

I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to imagine the absolute gall it would take for someone to actually COMPLAIN because a free item didn't fit her. Talk about one bad apple!

I hope you will decide to continue making these lovelies available here but, if not I can certainly understand. If not us, maybe one of the organizations that provides prom dresses to disadvantaged high school girls. I know there are several in the LA area.

P.S. I wondered why you were so quiet. P.P.S. there will be a small token of my appreciation arriving in the Fall, once the weather cools off again!

Edited by magandab

How pathetic for someone to do that to such a generous lady. Marie is kind enough to offer these beautiful gowns to others and I honestly cannot imagine someone being so ungrateful. I am so sorry that someone actually had the nerve to say something like that to you Marie. Karma will visit the other lady one day soon....what goes around comes back around twice as hard.

M

Hmpff...what nerve :mad: it seems like everyone who is a regular know what size you wear. So sad, however, I hope this doesn't discourage you from continuing to be generous with the ladies who can use and appreciate the lovely gowns and dresses that you so freely give.

M

This seriously disgusts me. You are one of the kindest, most generous ladies I've ever "known" ... albeit over the Internet. I feel like we're friends of sorts and I know how this had to hurt your heart.

I can't imagine the audacity it would take to send an email like that. If anything, I'd be mad at myself for not being thin enough to fit into one of your dresses! Maybe it was displaced anger in addition to classlessness.

I'm so sincerely sorry that this happened. Regardless of your next "move" with your lovely clothes, know that you're loved by so many of us for your kind, warm heart. And that affection will continue if you never offer up another thing.

Big hugs my sweet friend.

Judy

Edited by heyitsmejudy

I have been stalking this thread for a while because I just couldn't believe it was real! I am in awe of your generosity, Marie, and saddened that someone would be so disrespectful. Don't let one person change your perspective of this entire group. What a shame that we've become such a selfish culture!

Marie, I'm sorry that someone treated you this way after your generosity. I am sure organizing all the emails and who everything should be sent to, not to mention the time to package it all up and send it, takes quite a while even beyond the generosity of giving people the clothing at no charge. I know you have my email--let me know how much the postage was and I will send it to you along with the postage for the dress you are giving me, once I get home and get my lovely dress from you! (I am still at my Iowa house trying to get it ready to sell, probably the middle of the month before I head home.) Barb