recycling clothing among cc members

You ladies are incredible! I have been inspired to "share the wealth" and will post some items over the summer when I clean my closet! I love shopping and I'm always buying "What if?" dresses (ie "What if I get invited to a royal ball?" and other unlikely events) and have accumulated more than my closet can hold. Lots of shoes, too. :D

Marie, I've enjoyed seeing your gorgeous gowns on these boards and love living vicariously through you! You're a beautiful and extremely generous person. Congratulations on your wedding, you and husband make a lovely pair! As for the gal writing the nasty email, I don't even have words! I mean... Who does that? You just gotta laugh and wonder sometimes...

Edited by HardHeadedWoman

Marie,

Did you truly do that and scare the cabin steward?? LOL I think that is hilarious... I had to do a double take as I scrolled down the boards

Turn about is fair play! The stewards leave the little towel creatures for us to enjoy and you just returned the favor!

Debbie

Literally JUST found this thread .....and I too am inspired to "pay it forward" to a fellow cruise lover...

I never cease to be amazed by some people's lack of gratitude ............ But then again nothing surprises me anymore!

I move to the ATL about 12 years ago for a newspaper job.

What part of Georgia do you live in?

I lived in Conyers all my life, moved to McDonough 15 years ago, and moved to Florida just this past weekend.

I'm a Georgia Peach!! Accent and all, y'all!!

Lisa! I cut my hair today :D. I will post a picture later.

Here is a picture of me on our last cruise. Scared room steward, he thought walked in on me :D

8964181983_dc64c1b696_c.jpg

Oh Marie, I almost spit my coffee at my screen! :D What a hysterical prank! I love your sense of humor. :)

Can't wait to see your new hairstyle!

Lisa

Oh Marie, I almost spit my coffee at my screen! :D What a hysterical prank! I love your sense of humor. :)

Can't wait to see your new hairstyle!

Lisa

Lisa...it's in the mail. I'm so sorry for the delay :o

What part of Georgia do you live in?

I lived in Conyers all my life, moved to McDonough 15 years ago, and moved to Florida just this past weekend.

I'm a Georgia Peach!! Accent and all, y'all!!

I'm in Gwinnett. The paper I worked for here is owned by the same ppl as owned the Conyers paper. I visited Conyers often. Love me some Rick Rae who was then the publisher.

This morning I received a lovely email note from someone who received one of my dresses. It was nice to know she got it and likes it. I have also been on the receiving end of the generous people here and I try to be polite and to thank people for their generosity

In light of recent events here I thought this might be a good time to post a gentle reminder that when requesting a dress that is offered here to be polite and remember words like please and thank you. Each time I have offered things I have had several lovely requests and I feel bad when I have to tell someone the dress gone. I have also had nice notes letting me know the dress arrived and thanking me.

Not often, but unfortunately on the other side of that I have had notes saying:

"I will take the dress, my address is _______."

no please no thank you. ......and once when I said a dress was already gone I got a note saying:

"Fine I didn't like it that much anyway."

So just reminding everyone to be polite, remember people are sharing these items for the cost of postage.

Edited by callydanny

This morning I received a lovely email note from someone who received one of my dresses. It was nice to know she got it and likes it.

In light of recent events here I thought this might be a good time to post a gentle reminder that when requesting a dress that is offered here to be polite and remember words like please and thank you. Each time I have offered things I have had several lovely requests and I feel bad when I have to tell someone the dress gone. I have also had nice notes letting me know the dress arrived and thanking me.

no please no thank you. ......and once when I said a dress was already gone I got a note saying:

So just reminding everyone to be polite, remember people are sharing these items for the cost of postage.

How about stating that a dress will go to the first polite email/PM?

I've been reading the last few pages of this thread and am appalled at the rudeness/entitlement that some of you have encountered. Bad behavior should not be rewarded.

That's ok...I get totally swamped and forget to do things too. :D

Check your email...I am pretty sure I deleted the one with your home address from before... :o

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I will try to wear it well...I responded to your e-mail :) You are a sweet person and I appreciate that.

Did I mention before that my husband loves my new gown? Now to find the shoes...lol

This morning I received a lovely email note from someone who received one of my dresses. It was nice to know she got it and likes it. I have also been on the receiving end of the generous people here and I try to be polite and to thank people for their generosity

Well said! My mother always told me to be a lady of quality. That includes please, thank you, thank you notes, and staying above "it". I am 41 and I strive every day to make my mother proud by being a lady of quality.

Of course, I am a redhead (before dying it) so some days it can be a challenge. :eek:

Lisa

Ok, now it makes sense...I couldn't figure out when I mentioned Walt was from KC. We moved from Dallas to Knoxville in 2007 and absolutely love it out here. Where did you live in Texas?

Lisa

Altho I now live in British Columbia, I'm from Cleveland. TN!!! Give my grandkids a wave will ya? lol

Another chin dropper! We would all give a lot to know who that was.

Another point of etiquette would be to wait until the items have actually been offered, rather than asking for something in someone's personal photos.

Having been involved with this thread for quite a long time I've seen the rudeness come and go. Not only does a little politeness go a long way but I'd offer the gentle reminder that the ladies offering clothes are under no obligation to follow any rules that others would prefer or think are fair.

Marie has decided that it is first come, first served and has put a limit of one gown per "batch" offered. However, that's her choice and if someone else wants to pick and choose which lady gets what offered item, or sends three to someone and none to someone else, that is totally her prerogative.

So remember both Golden Rules: 1. Do unto others..... And 2. "She who has the gold, makes the rules!"

My mother always told me to be a lady of quality ... I strive every day to make my mother proud by being a lady of quality.

Lisa

Goin' old school - and country here - but there was an Ed Bruce song that has stuck with me "There's girls, there's women, and there's ladies." No, it's not grammatically correct, but it's so true. I strive to be a "lady." I fall short sometimes - I have, at times, what can be referred to as a potty mouth. I like to giggle and cut up and laugh at things some may find inappropriate - kind of a girl feature, I guess, but it helps when your days are spent with 1200-plus people all under the age of 12. And I can be catty - a woman characteristic, I suppose. But above all, I hope I'm a lady.

I do know I would NEVER conduct myself like these gals I've been reading about who've shown their true colors to Marie or any other "ladies."

That said, I got an email when I turned on my computer this morning asking me if I "was the *(%&($" who emailed a nasty note to Marie. While I hesitate to even give that nonsense airtime, if one person wonders that, perhaps someone else might. I know curiosity is running rampant, and I guess it's been narrowed down to someone who's a size 12 and who posted after Marie posted about the email. Let me assure you, I am not, have not, and would not EVER, under any circumstances do such a thing. While it's really no one's business but mine and the person who so graciously has given me things, here's my recycling loot to date: Marie has given me a GORGEOUS Michael Kors handbag and a pair of Badgley Mischka shoes that I'll be proudly wearing in my wedding June 15. I've been given a pair of earrings from Shorbr and Lisa is sending me her chocolate brown dress. Marie offered me a pair of GORGEOUS Jimmy Choo shoes I'd never, in a million years, be able to afford, and I graciously declined, explaining that I wouldn't feel right taking such an extravagant gift because the heel would more than likely be too high for me. How I've thanked these women for their kindness is between them and me.

I've enjoyed the banter and "sisterhood" in this thread as much as I've enjoyed the gorgeous clothes, shoes, handbags and such I've seen posted here. It tickles me when I see one of you score a gorgeous dress .... and if my wedding doesn't get here soon, I'm going to lose enough weight, I might be clawing right there alongside you for one of Marie's dresses! For every post you see from me, there's as many personal emails sent back and forth. I have come to know these and other ladies as dear friends.

There's another word that goes in the "girls, women, ladies" line - and there's one among us. She works anonymously ... the email address isn't one I've been able to find on CC ... And she's going to push me too far. I hope this one bad apple doesn't ruin this thread for all of us. Not just for the clothes - that's completely secondary to the conversations I've enjoyed with you all. It truly has been like sitting down with a cup of coffee and chatting with so many of you. But this chick, she's gonna chap me. And then my friends, it's on.

Edited by heyitsmejudy

I know curiosity is running rampant, and I guess it's been narrowed down to someone who's a size 12 and who posted after Marie posted about the email.

There is a username starting with P that fits that criteria.