recycling clothing among cc members

I am looking forward to reading your blog . I thought the recent blogs posted on the Cunard forum were hysterical especially the one written by "Whitemarsh " . I felt like I was on the boat with him .

I was disappointed that I did not get to meet him. I asked a dozen people if they were Peter, but they were not :(. There are only few people at Cunard forum I would love to meet, the rest I would careless. I am pretty much a Cunarder; perhaps I will get to meet him soon.

Marie

I am looking forward to reading your blog . I thought the recent blogs posted on the Cunard forum were hysterical especially the one written by "Whitemarsh " . I felt like I was on the boat with him .

Maybe I can get Whitemarsh to give me writing tips. He will be on a couple of sectors of the World Voyage and I am looking forward to meeting him.

Happy Tuesday ladies,

Larry's wife you can have a first pick one of these items. I still did not get my photos from the ship. I have to post the model instead :D.

This is BCBG size M. I wore it one on my last cruise. if you are wearing ssize 8 1/2 shoes I do have a matching shoes.

9016096329_d154c76a8a_z.jpg

This is size M. I wore it one on last year cruise.

7146946045_f78ef6ff13_c.jpg

This is BCBG size M. I wore it one on last year cruise.

7000848602_a185e4d6f1_z.jpg

This is Michael Kors tole.

9017291910_e96000fa00_z.jpg

I am leaving for a dentist appt and then get my nails done. I have a date with my husband, it is his Birthday today. I email later on tonight.

Scrapnana,

I just can't imagine trying to figure out what outfits to pack for that long. I'm guessing that one must be creative in mixing and matching and at least Cunard has a laundry.

Debbie

Debbie,

When I used to take coach tours you could only have one suitcase so I have always been a fan of separates. Tops need to go with a minimum of 2 different bottoms, preferably more. For this cruise, I have taken pictures of all my clothes and printed them out (wallet size). I can use the pictures to play mix and match without having to get all the clothes out of my cruise closet. I am looking forward to having the laundry so I don't have to wash everything out by hand (another thing I won't miss from coach tours).

Kathi

Marie happy birthday to your husband!

Its my birthday today too. And 23 years ago today I got the best birthday gift ever. Our youngest son was born on my birthday that year. So tonight I have a date with my son!

What a great birthday present! My one and only little darling just turned 23 and he is still the best date in town!

Kathi,

What a great idea - taking small pics and mix and matching clothing - there has to be an app for that, right? I'm going to look!

Also, Marie - you are just gorgeous and so are the gowns. Have a great "birthday" date with your husband!

Debbie

Marie,

I sent you an email as well! My husband has been a jewel helping we watch for your next batch or dresses! I feel so lucky to be on the receiving end of your generosity! I'm planning on paying it forward!

Have a wonderful time celebrating your husbands birthday!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Yoshikitty,

Are you going to do a review? I am going on my first TA and my first cruise on QM2 next year and I'm so excited - I have a million questions! LOL

I have been on RCI's Oasis of the seas and would be happy to answer any questions I can about RCI. Going to be on Brilliance in a few months as well.

Do you have pics? Let us know if you post a review and or pics - post the link for us.

Too funny that Marie's picture is front and center with a photo of the ship - she is MRS. CUNARD I think! LOL

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Not sure if I will write a review because I am extremely busy at work/home at the moment. Maybe later? But, I will be more than happy to answer all of your questions. Is there a PM function on this forum? If not, write me an email with your million questions. :D

yoshikittymagu (at) yahoo (dot) de

About clothes: I was so worried with all the dress codes in the beginning. But, you don't really need to worry much. Quite a number of ladies wore pants suits, some cocktails dresses and not so many gowns. I think it's very important to wear something which fits you and you feel comfortable in it. I saw quite a number of ladies in their nice clothes and heels and jewelry and make up. But they didn't look right. Why? I have the feeling that they tried so hard to put everything nice in one look, and it's just overdone. I pity those who tried to wear heels but they can hardly walk properly. You just don't see that many ladies like Marie, that's for sure. ;)

(I don't know how the people dressed in the Grill restaurant though)

I have packed too many clothes and shoes (7 pairs including one running shoes) for a 10 days cruise. But I won't do differently next time. Since my clothes and shoes are small size, I have more space in the suitcase. (one normal size suitcase and one carry on)

Edited by Yoshikitty

Yoshikitty,

I understand being too busy to do a review! Thanks for the information regarding the formal wear. Since I've gained a bit of weight the past few years, I know that I will feel more comfortable in dressy pants outfits (like chiffon palazzo pants and glittery top) so that is probably what I will be doing. If I find a full length gown that I feel is flattering, I will try that as well.

I always think it is funny when I see elderly women teetering around on very high heels. I'm all about the glamour and fashion, but comfort and safety are more important to me - even at only 56 years of age!

Debbie

Yoshikitty,

I understand being too busy to do a review! Thanks for the information regarding the formal wear. Since I've gained a bit of weight the past few years, I know that I will feel more comfortable in dressy pants outfits (like chiffon palazzo pants and glittery top) so that is probably what I will be doing. If I find a full length gown that I feel is flattering, I will try that as well.

I always think it is funny when I see elderly women teetering around on very high heels. I'm all about the glamour and fashion, but comfort and safety are more important to me - even at only 56 years of age!

Debbie

Weight.... I don't know how much weight I gained during the crossing. LOL

I suppose I am a demanding person regarding food. I like fine dinning and I am

pleasantly satisfied with the food quality on the QM2. Of course, there are always something to pick on, but we enjoyed the atmosphere, the nice view of the sea and the good wine. We were happy and the minor things didn't worth mentioning. We dinned mostly in the Britannia restaurant (for breakfast, lunch and dinner) Tried the Kings Court once, the food was ok but too many people. The lunch in the Golden Lion club was pretty good. We didn't try the Todd English restaurant because both our men were not impressed by the menu.....My friend and I decided to stick to our husbands and dinned with them in the Britannia.

My friend (61 years old) didn't wear any dress at all. But she looked very elegant in her black pants with some silk and chiffon tops. I am younger (38) and petite, I wore cocktail dress.

Heels... I saw some younger women struggling with their heels, not only elderly women. On one evening, one lady even walked bared feet and carrying her heels in the grand lobby. :eek:

Edited by Yoshikitty

Heels... I saw some younger women struggling with their heels, not only elderly women. On one evening, one lady even walked bared feet and carrying her heels in the grand lobby. :eek:

I'm having issues with my 2" heels. I wore them on my last cruise and rubbed blisters just walking to the MDR. I was one who was guilty of walking barefooted through the lobby getting back to my cabin to put on a pair of sandals under my long gown to go to the show! I have been practicing in my shoes for the last few nights. I wear them for 5 minutes around the house hoping to get my feet used to them (feet are not used to heels - even low ones). If I can't get used to the shoes, I'll be the one in flats for dinner every night.:eek:

Choose the picture you want. Right click. Go to properties (at the bottom). Highlight the address. Close the box. Come to CC. Click the box that looks like a picture. When the box come up highlight where it says http. Right click and paste.

Edited by Scrapnana

OK. That worked but it does give anyone who clicks on the link access to all your pictures on flickr. Don't put anything on that you don't want everyone to see.:eek:

Now I'm wondering what I missed! LOL Too funny!

Debbie