recycling clothing among cc members

Kate, I lost my husband in December too. He was 64. My heart goes out to you and your SIL. I know what you are going through. The spa idea sounds great. Why don't you go together for a girls spa day. She might really like that. It is going to be hard for her to go on this cruise without her husband. I think the more you can do things with her, the easier it will be for her.

So sorry for your loss . I lost my husband at 51 . The first year is the hardest and it does eventually get better .Take care !

Kate and Prairie Girl, I am so sorry for your loss. I remember when my brother passed it was very hard the first year or so and it is still hard when it is his birthday. He passed very unexpectedly when he was 17.

To be really truthful I don't know how I would get thru it if I was to loose my husband. He is my rock. My heart goes out to all 3 of you ladies. I will keep you in my prayers.

I agree with the other ladies, doing a spa day together would be great.

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

Ok, now it makes sense...I couldn't figure out when I mentioned Walt was from KC. We moved from Dallas to Knoxville in 2007 and absolutely love it out here. Where did you live in Texas?

Lisa

Sorry to butt in on your conversation! I just stumbled on this thread and I love it (and all of you ladies, especially Marie seem so kind and generous!)!! I might post a few of my dresses that I know I won't wear again! Size 8 and 10.....more to come.

You caught my attention when you said you moved from Texas to Knoxville. I'm from Memphis, but grew up and live in the DFW area. I'm also a UT grad! Go Vols! :D

You caught my attention when you said you moved from Texas to Knoxville. I'm from Memphis, but grew up and live in the DFW area. I'm also a UT grad! Go Vols! :D

Wow, small world. I grew up in Carrollton...just north of Dallas. We decided in 2007 that we want to get away from the fast paced atmosphere of Dallas, so after much research and a trip to Knoxville we moved. I absolutely love it out here and have become a Vol fan. Last year I was thrilled with A&M joining the SEC. Gig 'Em!

Lisa

Wow, small world. I grew up in Carrollton...just north of Dallas. We decided in 2007 that we want to get away from the fast paced atmosphere of Dallas, so after much research and a trip to Knoxville we moved. I absolutely love it out here and have become a Vol fan. Last year I was thrilled with A&M joining the SEC. Gig 'Em!

Lisa

My husband attended the 'other' UT in Austin. My daughter is a Gamecock! I love Knoxville. I grew up here in Arlington and one of my classmates is married to the head golf coach at UT!

Ok...sorry for the interruption! Back to recycling! :D

Our mail carrier just stopped by and delivered a beeeeeuuuutiful blue gown! I cannot wait to see my mom and show it to her. Thank you thank you Lisa. My check for postage will go out on Monday.

If, by some chance the dress doesn't work for her, I will re-offer it here.

In NY for the Belmont Stakes race. It cold!!! Wish me luck :).

Happy Saturday everyone.

Marie

I am looking for you ... it's pretty simple actually, I'm looking for the most glamorous lady in the joint! Win big! Would love to see a picture!

Our mail carrier just stopped by and delivered a beeeeeuuuutiful blue gown! I cannot wait to see my mom and show it to her. Thank you thank you Lisa. My check for postage will go out on Monday.

If, by some chance the dress doesn't work for her, I will re-offer it here.

I am glad it arrived and wow, that was fast!

We have been out all day, so I am catching up on the posts and emails. Today was my reward for losing 50 pounds so far...we went hang gliding at Lookout Mountain, GA! I did a tandem flight with an instructor up to 3000 feet and it was incredible!

Lisa

We have been out all day, so I am catching up on the posts and emails. Today was my reward for losing 50 pounds so far...we went hang gliding at Lookout Mountain, GA! I did a tandem flight with an instructor up to 3000 feet and it was incredible!

Lisa

I was stunned to see it here so soon. I had to double check to see if I misremembered where you lived! My mom is quite a bit shorter than you are but this dress will be so easily shortened if it fits otherwise and she and I are both quite handy at sewing. The tiers of the satiny panels will make it easy to choose a length and never have the alteration show.

What a fun and scary day you had! Not sure I'd ever have the guts, though the thought of actually flying is exhilarating!

Happy Sunday ladies :).

Thank you for all the good wishes. I did win a bit, but not as much as the last time. I played a pick six, won the first five races, the last race I had six horses 2,5,7,9,11 and 14. Gary Steven was on number 7. His horse was going head to head with number 12 horse, in the end number 12 beat number 7 :(. I did had a fantastic time.

I have a date with Fama, my personal shopper at Saks.

Have a great day ladies.

Marie

Marie sounds like you had a bit of lucky but most importantly it sound like you had a wonderful time. Shopping! One of my favorite past times. Today we are celebrating our daughters graduation from high school! Looking forward to a day spent with family and friend! Happy Sunday everyone. Once this is all over I'm going to start cleaning out my closets!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Am cleaning out my closet today. Here is a pair of shoes that never fit me right.

Adrienne Vittadini - leather upper with driving loafer style sole. They are more gold than bronze. Cute with a skirt or capris.

Size 9 1/2 M. I have a narrow heel and these stay on well.

4a910ab817f4af27b9a44a8c6ea5b55f_zpsb28d2c1f.jpg

89337f1e332694f99a11e8e170775bc9_zps3750780f.jpg

Please email me at mrgabriel@mac.com if you're interested. Hope the pictures work!

Hi ladies,

I have a whole pile of cruise clothes to share, I traded for them at a swap meet and so I wasn't able to try them on, and they just didn't suit me.

I didn't know if anyone here would be interested since they will be coming from Canada so the postage will be a little more expensive I think. Is there any interest?

I should also clean out my closet and post some shoes, but again postage is an issue. Would there be interest in costume jewelry as well?

Edited by SusieV

Lisa

Hi...just tried on the top and my husband loves it!!!! Thanks again and your check will be on its way.

Sheri