recycling clothing among cc members

Gerry, Beth, Kim, Barbara, Megan, Carole and Debbie. Your dresse and gown is on your way.

Shorbr. Your Coach bag is on your way too.

Kathi. I will ship your bag tomorrow or the next day. I ran out of tape and box.

Good might ladies.

Marie

We are a lot of lucky ladies. Thanks, Marie!

Doreen!

It is lovely to see your post. How are you? How is your husband and Rochelle? I see that you are going on another cruise; I am happy for you.

All the best to you and your family.

Hugs

Marie

Hi Marie,

Rochelle & hubby are well but we have had to cancel the cruise this week as I am going through health issues and lots of tests at the moment so don't know what the outcome will be.

Looking at a cruise for end of 2014 or early 2015 and will book in the next few days.

I am enjoying seeing all the posts with the clothes, bags and shoes....just beautiful.

Good luck for Friday and hope the surgery goes well for you. xx

Hugs

Doreen

It's about as bad as me wanting to get a few of them taken in. But, it is time for me to move on past my old wardrobe.

This week I am moving all the "big" clothes that are in the 11 storage bins in my guest bedroom to garbage bags and taking them to a local thrift shop. All proceeds from the thrift shop go to Knox Area Rescue Ministries, a wonderful faith based homeless shelter. KARM is my pet charity and I teach a class in their Clean Start program that trains recovered drug addicts that live at KARM to become custodians and housekeepers. It's all about getting them off the streets, clean & sober, and providing job training.

Lisa

Sounds like an amazing place to share your "big" clothes. I'm sure the ladies who are in need of this shelter will be thrilled to get them. Good for you Lisa. When it was finally time to let go of mine, took me awhile as I just knew it wasn't really happening, I passed mine on to flood victims. I do still have some of my cruise dresses left, which I need to get posted though.

Hello ladies! This seems like a fun group... I'm hoping to join you all! My hubby, son and I are going on our first cruise in October and we couldn't be more excited!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Welcome to the Fashion board. This is a very nice place to be. There are many caring, sharing ladies (and a few guys).

Welcome to the Fashion board. This is a very nice place to be. There are many caring, sharing ladies (and a few guys).

Yes! I like hanging around here. But I still need to figure out who is a guy.

I didn't see man posting their pants.... Yet. :D

Marie those shoes are gorgeous & perfect. Your taste is amazing

Good luck on Friday I will keep you in our thoughts & prayers

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Bad news :(. I wore the shoes more than I thought :D. I did not like the way they look. I sent you a different pair. They are also Jimmy Choo. I think you will like them.

M

Marie with your amazing taste I am positive I will like them and I have seen very few Jimmy Choo shoes I do not like. Thank you so much again for your generoisty. :o You are an amazing woman.

I can't beleive I leave in 15 days for Europe - 2 nights in Amsterdam and then 12 days cruising the Baltics with my boys and my mom for my 50th. I am so looking forward to this and I am sure these amazing shoes will make me smile.

Sharon

I know the majority of the clothes being recycled on this board are for us women - but I have 3 boys who I have bought suits, pants, dress shirts, blazers, etc. over the years for and they are still growing. My boys are 16,16 & 20 so I am wondering if there is anyone else on here who has boys who would be interested in some of the clothes they boys have outgrown. If so let me know and I will see what I have, probably after the cruise.

I am hoping that maybe this weekend I will have time to go thru my closets and see what I no longer wear, etc. and try to post some pictures.

Sharon

Shorbr asked me to post this on her behalf.

Sheri found out today that it is cancer. Her doctor said it is an early stage and on Friday she will have a sentinel lymph node removed to make sure it has not spread. The doctor is confident that it has not. At a later date she will have a bilateral mastectomy.

Sheri will not be on the board for a while, but wanted you lovely ladies to know what is going on. Please continue to pray for her...I know she appreciates it so much.

Lisa

Well the news is devastating but hopefully it's not gotten very far along and she can kick its butt!

I will continue to keep her in my prayers for a full recovery

Please tell her she's in our thoughts!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lisa - please let Sheri know we will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers - I know it was not the news she wanted to hear but I am glad to hear at least they caught it early. Please pass on our thoughts to her. I know I have not been around here as long as many of you but I think you are all wonderful ladies.

hugs

Sharon

Shorbr asked me to post this on her behalf.

Sheri found out today that it is cancer. Her doctor said it is an early stage and on Friday she will have a sentinel lymph node removed to make sure it has not spread. The doctor is confident that it has not. At a later date she will have a bilateral mastectomy.

Sheri will not be on the board for a while, but wanted you lovely ladies to know what is going on. Please continue to pray for her...I know she appreciates it so much.

Lisa

So sorry to hear that Sheri didn't get the news she hoped for. Please let her know that she is in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome.

Cathy

Hey Cathy! I am also Cathy.... ;)

Yes, I saw your entry and had a chuckle! Do you know most women seem to spell their name with a K instead of a C, at least who I have run into.

Take care,

Cathy

Yes, I saw your entry and had a chuckle! Do you know most women seem to spell their name with a K instead of a C, at least who I have run into.

Take care,

Cathy

Yes, most people write my name with a K, too! See you around! ;)