recycling clothing among cc members

These are my old ballroom practice shoes that are in good condition. Due to the suede soles, you cannot wear them outside, but they are perfect on the ship. All three pairs are 2" heels.

lisa at lounsbery dot com

Silver DSOL Size 10 Ballroom Shoe

P6160038_zps96577d18.jpg

Gold DSOL Size 10 Ballroom Shoe (missing one rhinestone)

P6160039_zps24aa8796.jpg

Black Featherlite Size 10 Ballroom shoe

P6160041_zps6789a1f8.jpg

Lisa

Please, I would love the gold and/or silver ballroom shoes if they are still available....Thanks.....will be sending you an email also

Ladies (and gentlemen!)...

As I read back through this thread, I'm struck not only by the generosity and kindness but also the warmth of so many friendships, though most of us have never met.

There are several among us that are in need of healing right now - Lisa, Marie, and Sharon - and I'm sure I'm missing someone .. please forgive me. I also know there are those of us who are in need of prayer but have not made those needs known. God knows, and I believe he works his purpose out in his own time, in his own way.

While we get bogged down with every day life, and the purpose of this thread may be to recycle clothing, I'm fascinated by the friendships I've seen form among perfect strangers.

I hope those of you in need know you're covered in prayers and warm wishes. I pray for God's healing and comfort to surround you.

I hope all of you have a blessed day.

As I read back through this thread, I'm struck not only by the generosity and kindness but also the warmth of so many friendships, though most of us have never met.

There are several among us that are in need of healing right now - Lisa, Marie, and Sharon - and I'm sure I'm missing someone .. please forgive me. I also know there are those of us who are in need of prayer but have not made those needs known. God knows, and I believe he works his purpose out in his own time, in his own way.

While we get bogged down with every day life, and the purpose of this thread may be to recycle clothing, I'm fascinated by the friendships I've seen form among perfect strangers.

I hope those of you in need know you're covered in prayers and warm wishes. I pray for God's healing and comfort to surround you.

This is so beautiful, and it sums up perfectly how I feel about the people in this thread. It is such a comfort to know that there are unknown people out there who have our backs when we are hurting! God bless you all for generosity, support, and love.

Sheri, I am so sorry that the news wasn't better, but you know what? You have been in this place before and you kicked cancer's butt! You will do it again. They caught it early, and though you have some mountains to climb, you are going to prevail again! We are all here for you.

Marie, good luck with your procedure tomorrow. We will be thinking of you and hoping you have great success.

Kathy (yup, another Kathy!)

I have but one thing to say to that. AMEN!!!!!

Very well put!

I think you said it all :)

Thoughts and Prayers to all!!!

Gerry

Hi everyone. I think I must be doing something wrong so I hope you can help. I posted about some shoes the other day and never got a reply so I just figured someone else had beat me to them :) But I got a notification about a post on this thread today so when I went on to read it I noticed I've missed tons! How come it notifies me about some but not all? Any help would be appreciated :) Going on my cruise in December, recently divorced so now living on half the income so this thread would be a great help for me to develop my cruising clothes :D

Hi everyone. I think I must be doing something wrong so I hope you can help. I posted about some shoes the other day and never got a reply so I just figured someone else had beat me to them :) But I got a notification about a post on this thread today so when I went on to read it I noticed I've missed tons! How come it notifies me about some but not all? Any help would be appreciated :) Going on my cruise in December, recently divorced so now living on half the income so this thread would be a great help for me to develop my cruising clothes :D

If you get a notification about a post on a thread you've subscribed to, that's the only notification you will get until you log back into the forums. All you need to do when you get the notification is click on the link in the email message that says something like "this thread is located here" and it will take you to the thread. You don't have to look at that particular thread, as long as you've logged into the forum. Does that make any sense at all?

Eight years ago I had a physical checkup. A week later, the doctor’s nurse called me and said she needed to make an appointment for me to see the doctor. I said NO! You tell the doctor to tell me what is wrong with me now, or I will come in to see her today. The doctor said I have cervical cancer, it is three or worst. I spent the night crying. Three years early, my mother also had cervical cancer. She had two bone marrow transplants. She was lucky her sister was a match. For me there was no way I would match with anyone. I am half French and half Vietnamese.

The next morning, as we leave for the doctor, a silky black cat was sitting outside of our front door. I screamed and said,” I am not going; it is bad luck. My husband said we have to go. He scooped up the cat and put him on the side. At the doctor office, she said, I need to have a completed hysterectomy and chemo. For the next six months, while going through treatments, the cat would come to the spent the night at the door and he would leave after his breakfast. I called him Blackie because of his black hair. The day the doctor said the cancer is gone, the cat was gone; that night he did not come. We looked everywhere for him. My husband said, he is looking after someone else. Next month it will be eight years cancer free for me.

Many of you night have know I had an accident almost three years ago. I shattered my heels, fractured my back and my hands. I was in the wheelchair for eight months. I have had five surgeries. The last one was last year. The doctor removed the hardware and fused the bones. Tomorrow he is going to do the same on my left foot. I will be cast for three months. The good thing about this surgery is; it is my left foot. I CAN DRIVE :)

Every day, I thank God for my life and I can walk.

Hang in there Shari. We are praying for you.

Hugs

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

Hi Judy! I woke up this morning and found a lovely email. Thank you :).

Have a fantastic cruise.

Hugs

M

Eight years ago I had a physical checkup. A week later, the doctor’s nurse called me and said she needed to make an appointment for me to see the doctor. I said NO! You tell the doctor to tell me what is wrong with me now, or I will come in to see her today. The doctor said I have cervical cancer, it is three or worst. I spent the night crying. Three years early, my mother also had cervical cancer. She had two bone marrow transplants. She was lucky her sister was a match. For me there was no way I would match with anyone. I am half French and half Vietnamese.

The next morning, as we leave for the doctor, a silky black cat was sitting outside of our front door. I screamed and said,” I am not going; it is bad luck.” My husband said we have to go. He scooped up the cat and put him on the side. At the doctor office, she said,” I need to have a completed hysterectomy and chemo. For the next six months, while going through treatments, the cat would come to the spent the night at the door and he would leave after his breakfast. I called him Blackie because of his black hair. The day the doctor said the cancer is gone, the cat was gone; that night he did not come. We looked everywhere for him. My husband said, he is looking after someone else. Next month it will be eight years cancer free for me.

Many of you night have know I had an accident almost three years ago. I shattered my heels, fractured my back and my hands. I was in the wheelchair for eight months. I have had five surgeries. The last one was last year. The doctor removed the hardware and fused the bones. Tomorrow he is going to do the same to my left food. I will be cast for three months. The good thing about this surgery is; it is my left foot. I CAN DRIVE :)

Hugs

Marie

Very sincere and inspirational, Marie! As a cat lover and servant to three of them, your story touched me so.

Prayers and hugs to you and Sheri both!

Thanks for the reply Marie. I LOVE your clothes but they wouldn't fit me as I am much larger than you ;-( I always love to see the pictures of you in your dresses - very classy lady. I do think I could wear your shoes though ;-) Do you include your email in the posts? If so, I'll watch for that and hopefully be faster next time Thanks so much!

The next morning, as we leave for the doctor, a silky black cat was sitting outside of our front door. I screamed and said,” I am not going; it is bad luck. My husband said we have to go. He scooped up the cat and put him on the side. At the doctor office, she said, I need to have a completed hysterectomy and chemo. For the next six months, while going through treatments, the cat would come to the spent the night at the door and he would leave after his breakfast. I called him Blackie because of his black hair. The day the doctor said the cancer is gone, the cat was gone; that night he did not come. We looked everywhere for him. My husband said, he is looking after someone else. Next month it will be eight years cancer free for me.

Many of you night have know I had an accident almost three years ago. I shattered my heels, fractured my back and my hands. I was in the wheelchair for eight months. I have had five surgeries. The last one was last year. The doctor removed the hardware and fused the bones. Tomorrow he is going to do the same on my left foot. I will be cast for three months. The good thing about this surgery is; it is my left foot. I CAN DRIVE :)

Hugs

Marie

Marie,

I had no idea you have been through so much. It just shows how strong you are that you can go through so much and still be such a positive, giving person.

I am having surgery tomorrow as well, so I will will be thinking positive thoughts for you, please do the same for me! :)

Debbie

This is so beautiful, and it sums up perfectly how I feel about the people in this thread. It is such a comfort to know that there are unknown people out there who have our backs when we are hurting! God bless you all for generosity, support, and love.

Sheri, I am so sorry that the news wasn't better, but you know what? You have been in this place before and you kicked cancer's butt! You will do it again. They caught it early, and though you have some mountains to climb, you are going to prevail again! We are all here for you.

Marie, good luck with your procedure tomorrow. We will be thinking of you and hoping you have great success.

Kathy (yup, another Kathy!)

Hi Kathy,

I was going through my closet and thinking' what can I get for Kate's sister in-law." I wanted to put a smile on her face and make the cruise a fun cruise for you and her. I decided not to give her my old clothes. I bought these for her in smaller size. I know she is still mourning, but I hope she is not wearing black.

Thank you for your well wishes.

M

9086835662_f7cc4dbb25_z.jpg

9086837216_b2796dc397.jpg

Edited by Porthopper101