recycling clothing among cc members

Well, I was just guilty of this. When I received the check/payment, I wasn't near a computer, and I work full time running a business and have a busy life (meaning I'm stressed out) :eek: - I forgot to follow up that I received the postage reimbursement. (I stuck it in my wallet and haven't even deposited it yet because I forgot about it!) But not letting someone know I received the clothing and thanking them is very different in my eyes.

Quite honestly, for me, even if I didn't receive the postage $$, I'm not sure if I would even inquire about it again either. Just too busy and not something I'm willing to spend time tracking down. So far, no issues with that, thankfully.

Debbie

I received a dress in the mail and did thank the person and let them know it was beautiful. Then I made out a check and sent it.....so I thought. Prob 2-3 weeks later, while cleaning out my car, I ran across the envelope that I thought I had mailed. I had several things to mail that day and this envelope must have slide between the seats. I wrote a note on the back and stuck it in the mailbox while I was in Reno at my aunt & uncle's house. So again, to this person, I say I am sorry it was so long in getting to you......I would have known it hadn't been received had everyone been saying "Hey thanks, so & so, I got your check today"

I know I was so grateful for the dresses I have received and I loved cleaning out my closet and sharing some of the items I had. After my cruises I'm going to pay it forward and share them with someone else! I have a couple that no one claimed last time I posted but would share them again if anyone is interested in size 4-10 items

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

HI Browneyedgirl,

I apologize for being mean to you in my other post. There were some ladies who said they would be posting somthing but they never did :rolleyes::(.

Like you, I was going to loan out my gowns, dresses, shoes and handbags. I changed my mind for the same reason as Iheartbda has indicated. I have posted many items on here since 2009. I can tell you this; there are quite a few people who are on my black list.

Marie

Marie please tell me this is not true? If it is that sucks and maybe there should be a group blacklist so others don't get burned

Sharon

I agree. I also think it would be nice that the one that receives the check for the postage let's the person know that it was received. JMO ;)

I am guilty of this mainly as I had such a huge pile of mail when I got home from worth then have been running no stop since with work the boys etc. that I have not been to the bank. I was not expecting the postage in return but most sent and if you sent thanks and i am hoping to get to bank this week

Sharon

I am guilty of this mainly as I had such a huge pile of mail when I got home from worth then have been running no stop since with work the boys etc. that I have not been to the bank. I was not expecting the postage in return but most sent and if you sent thanks and i am hoping to get to bank this week

Sharon

Sharon, I knew you weren't expecting the postage so my check was left with the payee blank. If you want to, fill in the name if your non-profit and consider it a donation.

To this day I still wondering if she ever received them :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:???

Marie

OK this is HORRIBLE. How long does it take to send an email? She had time to follow this thread and ask for something from you but not to let you know she got it?

Anyhew ... Marie, I hope you're up and around and well on the mend, my friend. I went back to school for preplanning last Wednesday, kids joined us this Wednesday. I'm so glad it was a three-day week because they are OFF THE CHAIN. They are baffled with the name change, and blame it on Bob who, and I'm quoting, "took over" my name when we got married.

Edited by heyitsmejudy

Good morning ladies,

Finally! My husband shipped all the packages this morning.

I think all the medications I was taking have damaged my brain. My husband came back from the post office holding a box.

Husband: Sweetheart, where is in Apple Valley?

Me: It is by Victorville

Husband: Where is in Apple Valley?

Me: Love, I told you, it is by Victorville

Me: OMG! I am going to hit you on the head!

Husband: Showed me the box

Me: Huh? How that happened?

Apparently, I have written down Amy name and the City only; I forgot to write down her street :D.

Have a great day everyone.

M

Marie, many years ago an absent minded friend sent me a letter whlle I was living on Bondi Beach in Sydney. Australia. It was addressed:

Burm Surname

Sydney, Australia.

Guess what? I got it! Someone at the post office wrote on it "Try 8 XXX ST." That was correct! I wonder if the Australian post office is still that efficient?

Marie, many years ago an absent minded friend sent me a letter whlle I was living on Bondi Beach in Sydney. Australia. It was addressed:

Burm Surname

Sydney, Australia.

Guess what? I got it! Someone at the post office wrote on it "Try 8 XXX ST." That was correct! I wonder if the Australian post office is still that efficient?

Here in Apple Valley, we're lucky to get our mail when the entire name and address is on there! I did get a good laugh though, as I could so see me doing the same thing!

I am packing for Las Vegas and found these in the guest room closet.

These are Pour La Victoire size 8 1/2. They run a bit big.

9480810003_6e1a19f402.jpg

These are Kate Spade size 8 1/2. They are new. A friend gave them to me, I do not like the gold part.

9480808279_3bd29fd97f.jpg

These are Clarks size 8 1/2. I bought them after my accident, but never wore them.

9483599304_abd5face6e.jpg

We are going to dinner, I will respond to your email when we get back. We are leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow. All shoses will be shipping next week.

Have a great evening.

Marie

. We are leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow.

Have a great evening.

Marie

Well darn, I was hoping you would be going on Monday and could stop for lunch in Victorville. My office is right off the freeway at Palmdale Rd. wave to the east as you drive by tomorrow.

These are Pour La Victoire size 8 1/2. They run a bit big.

9480810003_6e1a19f402.jpg

These are Kate Spade size 8 1/2. They are new. A friend gave them to me, I do not like the gold part.

9480808279_3bd29fd97f.jpg

These are Clarks size 8 1/2. I bought them after my accident, but never wore them.

9483599304_abd5face6e.jpg

We are going to dinner, I will respond to your email when we get back. We are leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow. All shoses will be shipping next week.

Have a great evening.

Marie

Hi Marie,

I have been lurking for several weeks now and love it that all of you ladies do this. I am VERY computer challenged and so mostly lurk. I have some things in my closet that I would love to share but i have no idea how to take pics and post them. =( I love the shoes that you posted and they are my perfect size, if no one wants them I would love them. Thank you. Also, if anyone could explain how to post my things that would be great!! :)

Hi Marie,

I have been lurking for several weeks now and love it that all of you ladies do this. I am VERY computer challenged and so mostly lurk. I have some things in my closet that I would love to share but i have no idea how to take pics and post them. =( I love the shoes that you posted and they are my perfect size, if no one wants them I would love them. Thank you. Also, if anyone could explain how to post my things that would be great!! :)

Do you have a digital camera or would you be using your phone and do you have a photo storing place like, Picasa, Photobucket, etc.?

BTW, usually, it's one item per request unless the donor says otherwise.

Good morning ladies,

Finally! My husband shipped all the packages this morning.

I think all the medications I was taking have damaged my brain. My husband came back from the post office holding a box.

Husband: Sweetheart, where is in Apple Valley?

Me: It is by Victorville

Me: Love, I told you, it is by Victorville

Me: OMG! I am going to hit you on the head!

Husband: Showed me the box

Me: Huh? How that happened?

Apparently, I have written down Amy name and the City only; I forgot to write down her street :D.

Have a great day everyone.

M

That is too, too funny, Marie. I guess it happens to all of us at one time or another. :D

Burm Surname

Sydney, Australia.

I grew up on Main Street. My friend used to send mail to me addressed "down on Main Street" (an homage to Bob Seger)... I always got her letters.

OK, ladies, I have a couple things that I hope someone can use, and I've been fighting with my android and iMac for over a week to get these pictures transferred from my phone to the mac, and finally managed to get them onto snapfish. My problem is that now I can't seem to figure out how to post them!! UGH!! Help, please? :o

OK, ladies, I have a couple things that I hope someone can use, and I've been fighting with my android and iMac for over a week to get these pictures transferred from my phone to the mac, and finally managed to get them onto snapfish. My problem is that now I can't seem to figure out how to post them!! UGH!! Help, please? :o

I just downloaded the cruise critic app, found the thread and uploaded the pics. Hope that helps!

Try this...I don't know if snapfish is like photobucket but this is how I do it.

1. Open up photobucket (snapfish) on your browser and find the photo you want to post. There are links on the right hand side of the page and you want the IMG one.

2. Click on it and it should say copied...

3. Come back over to the CC message that you have started and paste it onto the page with a Ctrl button and V pushed together.

4. It copies the link to the photo and looks like a bunch of letters, numbers and characters. Press the button that says Preview post and if it worked you should see your photo. Press Submit REPLY. Good luck!! :D

n664811130_1941285_1749.jpg

GOOD EVENING LADIES!! :D:D Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying your summer.

Keithskelly~ I just signed up for a snapfish account and tried it out. If you click on share beside the photo, it only links the snapfish address onto the message and not the photo. People would have to click on the link and go to an external website which in this case is snapfish. :confused:

http://www2.snapfish.ca/snapfishca/slideshow/AlbumID=5869380021/PictureID=243862926021/a=7039804021_7039804021/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/

You could upload them right from your computer using the paper clip attachment but they are very small when you do it that way and the photo resolution needs to be very small or the upload fails. :(