recycling clothing among cc members

Wow philly that is a great dress and looks wonderful on you. :DTo bad one persons rude comments ruined such a kind womens spirit to help others. Guess there is always one jerk in the crowd:(

If that person has any sense of regret for what she has done, she would be a bigger person by coming here to publicly apologize to Smooth and all the ladies who now have no chance of getting a gorgeous dress.

They always say there are two side to every story but I can't see how there could be another side to this one.:(

Whew! It definitely wasn't me! I actually went back and read over my emails to make absolutely sure I didn't say anything that could be misconstrued.

Of course, I'm the sort of person who feels guilty when they see a police officer, even though I haven't done anything wrong... :rolleyes:

Did you get my postage, by the way?

Edited by Milaandra

Dont you all fret about offending me, I recover quickly!

I had a week from hell last week, and that combined with my tax season I felt it was just best for me to put my dress donations on hold until at least after tax season...

I think we all know this is a wonderful concept and should continue. Anyway, again thanks for your kind words.

Hi Girls,

I need some advice. I'm going on our 10 night cruise in 3 weeks and have no formal wear. I went to about 5 stores and can't find anything that I like or not expensive. Thanks in advance. I'm size 14. Thanks again. Vicky

Hey everyone! It has been a while since I have checked in with the thread. Glad to see it is still going. But I was very upset to see someone had the nerve to write a nasty letter to Smoothdancer! Some people are just ridiculously ungrateful.

Vicky, I think I have a few size 14 dresses but they are more semi-formal, to me anyway, I always go full length for formal but will try to get some pics tonight or tomorrow to post. What cruise line are you going on?

Kay,

I see your cruise is coming soon. I will get this dress out to you soon.

Jan, Wondering if you have sent out the dress, yet. I have kept looking for it, but the postman has not brought me any packages. :(Just a little anxious, as we leave a week from tomorrow. Hopefully, it isn't "lost" somewhere.:confused:

Thanks, again.

Kay

OMG... I completly forgot to send this one! I will get the PO on my lunch hour today as your cruise is so close...

I am gald you asked me..Sorry about that!!

I am happy it is not lost out there somewhere!:D I'll begin looking for it again in the next few days.

Thanks, again.

Kay

Hi,

This is a great site and its nice to see so much generosity here. I am going on first cruise in May and am looking for a formal top to wear with black pants or maybe even a long dress. I am plus size, sz. 22W and wondered if anyone has a top/dress for sale or trade, etc.

I do better with sleeves or something I can wear a wrap with because I am not comfortable with my arms showing. Thanks!

Have a great day!

Suz

I had a dream about this one.:).........:(

coccafulllength1-vi.jpg

I am the very proud and very appreciative new owner of this one! I won't be wearing it until December beacuse I have a few other gowns that need to be worn first, but I'll take a pic of me in it when I get back from my cruise in a few weeks and am tan! I'll be offering up a few gowns soon in size 8.

I just came apon this thread. How sad that one knothead had to distroy the hopes and dreams for so many. Some of us work and save for years to go on a cruise and can only dream about some of the gowns that were offerd for free on this thread. It always seams like one bad egg will ROT the whole basket. This was such a great idea and some cow comes along and poof the magic is over. I will keep my eye on this thread from time to time to see if the world still has a little magic in it.

Cool... Cant wait to see...

We are doing an all inclusive vacation in Cancun in about a month...

Anyone have fun sundresses or what one would wear to diiner and clubs, think casual and sexy fun in a size 6-8????

Smoothdancer, please e-mail me at

livinginthemountains AT yahoo dot com

I think this thread is AMAZING! To have people generously "give" their dresses away for only postage (not to mention time to box up & take to the post office) is remarkable. To anyone who would respond to a "giver" with cruel words because the dress didn't fit, well ... shame on you! When one is asking for a free dress (save for postage), they take a risk that the dress might not fit! It's like ANY eBay auction, online purchase or catalog order . . . IT MIGHT NOT FIT AND/OR MIGHT NOT LOOK RIGHT!!

Haven't we ALL had to return items we've ordered online or from a catalog? To the disgruntled receiver: Mail it back!! Maybe someone else wants it!

I'm new to cruising - going on my 1st in July. I have been watching this thread ~~ what a WONDERFUL gesture!! I just don't get how anyone can be ugly to someone who gives them something ~~ please! IT WAS FREE. I guess I'm amazed and so totally disappointed!:mad:

So for of you ladies who did give dresses away, a big thank you for unselfish generosity:D

Stephanie

Hey Stephanie!

Glad to see you're going on your first cruise. You'll be hooked! Have you joined a roll call for the cruise you're going on? You can meet people who will be on the same cruise with you. Check it out.

Margie

Cool... Cant wait to see...

We are doing an all inclusive vacation in Cancun in about a month...

Anyone have fun sundresses or what one would wear to diiner and clubs, think casual and sexy fun in a size 6-8????

First, how very generous of you to do this with all of your gowns! I read through this thread and was very inspired.

Would you like this one? I bought it at a Las Olas Boulevard Boutique in Fort Lauderdale. It is a size medium but I remember wearing it when I was an 8. It is very lightweight. I could mail it in a brown envelope! Let's see if I can attach the photo. Email me at quest4coka@aol.com

I will look for more stuff.

coka

bl_wh_med.jpg.d0da0f908b9cdb2cb5ca0d64e1426daf.jpg

Okay, it works. This is a BCBG size 8 strapless dress, purchased in South Beach, only worn once. I recommend it for a tall curvy size 8 meaning you have hips and breasts to hold it up. The torso area is snug and fits like a bodice. I also saw Deanna Pappas, the Greek bachorelette wearing it when she first got out of the limo to greet the bachelor. You need to be lean enough as the stripes go sideways, hence being taller helps. I am 5'10" but I think it would work for someone between that and 5'7".

Email me at quest4coka@aol.com if you want it!

coka

BCBG.jpg.7686cb409e01b1c46380f28b13939b3a.jpg

Edited by coka

Well girls, the dresses I posted are gone. But never fear, I am a confirmed shop-aholic and tend to buy more clothes than I could wear, so I should have a few more to post soon! Probably when I get back from my cruise next week!!!!!!:D

Just realized the first post from you on this thread..........I received the black sequin dress(no shawl) from Carol Jankowski. You had originally sent it to her, and it didn't fit her and she sent it to me.:D I think that dress "ate at the Captain's table";) on the Liberty of the Seas or maybe on Enchantment of the Seas! I'll try to find a photo to send you! I plan on wearing it on my upcoming cruise again! Love it! Hope you find more 12/14 sizes!

Enjoy your cruise! We also leave Sunday, but on Carnival Legend.

Edited by cruising grandma