recycling clothing among cc members

Smoothdancer, I love the gold/black dress. It's just beautiful. If it's still available, I'd be honored to have it.

I missed it if you posted your email address. So mine is awinkler00@yahoo.com

(2 zero's not O's)

It's probably already taken, but in case it's not, I'd give it a good home. :)

Kay,

So sorry. I did find the dress I had in mind for you and oops, this is a size 6, and an absolute 6, would not even fit an 8. Not the size 12-14 that I thought it was. I love this dress so I attached a picture for anyone looking for a size 6. I did post a picture of a size 12 I have that is equally as wonderful. This one is ankle length with an print overlay on top of a few layers of chiffon.... It has fringe on the diagional. This however would not fit a 14, but 12 would work. An real slimming dress.

The other ladies... I do have more 12-14's but right now I am in tax season and cant get them out of the bins I have them in. If however you send me an Email as soon as I get a break and post pictures of the ones in storage I will Email you... It could be though close to a month.

I still have a few dresses due to go out that are still in my office... I promise they will go out soon, but right now my hours are crazy!!

For fun, I also posted a picture of a gown I am restoring... We are ballroom competitive dancers and this one I will wear for competition this week-end... Love this gown and thought you all might enjoy seeing it.

Oh my smoothdancer I wish my abs were in good enough shape to get away with the last dress! Note to self...book extensive dance lessons. 2000 crunches per day and no food for a month:D

Iheart, loved you ribbon!!

It came along at the right time. With a recent payment got a nasty letter about how dress did not fit and I had the size wrong.... Enough to make me want to stop this donation thing....

No doubt, for me there is no better motivatioin to do thoes crunches and stay on track with my eating then a beatuiful dress!!

Philli...

I have many gold and black dresses, need a better description of which one you like.

Texas. funny my ballroom gowns on occasion, the more simple ones, I can get away with wearing them for formal on a cruise, bellydancing, well NO!!

Iheart, loved you ribbon!!

It came along at the right time. With a recent payment got a nasty letter about how dress did not fit and I had the size wrong.... Enough to make me want to stop this donation thing....

No doubt, for me there is no better motivatioin to do thoes crunches and stay on track with my eating then a beatuiful dress!!

Philli...

I have many gold and black dresses, need a better description of which one you like.

Texas. funny my ballroom gowns on occasion, the more simple ones, I can get away with wearing them for formal on a cruise, bellydancing, well NO!!

Oh Smooth,

I'm soooooo sorry. That person should be ASHAMED of themselves and I hope they read this. One bad apple almost spoiling such a wonderful thing you are doing. Don't people know not to look a gift horse in the mouth? They could have nicely let you know that maybe you had the wrong size. But to be nasty.......unbelievable....I am almost speechless.:(

I guess the old adage holds true.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Smoothdancer,

I'm so very sorry that this happened to you. I know it made you feel really bad. I can relate. We had a "pass it on" started a couple of years ago on the "post a picture" thread. I had sent out several dresses and someone turned me in to the mods that I was selling dresses on CC. Then instead of emailing me personally, and asking me about it, they admonished me online about it...I had other dresses that I had planned to give away, but after that, it just took the pleasure out of it and it didn't seem worth the effort.

You are doing a wonderful thing, and I applaud you. I am sure that the ladies that have received your dresses are most appreciative and the one that wasn't, well what can I say?:confused: I would hate to see your "pass it on" and your "good deeds" stop due to someone that was unhappy with a beautiful "free" dress.

I know that everyone on here supports you and what you are doing. So you have a wonderful and blessed evening.:)

Smoothdancer,

forgot to mention that I wore the silver and black tank top and jacket you sent me on my cruise on the Carnival Pride a couple of weeks ago.It fit perfect and looked awesome with a pair of black pants.My 30-something daughter was very impressed!Thanks again for sending it to me.

Laura

Smoothdancer,

forgot to mention that I wore the silver and black tank top and jacket you sent me on my cruise on the Carnival Pride a couple of weeks ago.It fit perfect and looked awesome with a pair of black pants.My 30-something daughter was very impressed!Thanks again for sending it to me.

Laura

It sure would be nice to see pictures of the dresses/outfits in their new life.:)

thank you for all your kind words....

But after much thought... my closet is now shut down....

Smoothdancer. I'm not surprized in the slightest. I'm sad that your kindness was thrown back in your face by one ungrateful person. Hopefully they have read this and are feeling bad...but somehow I doubt it. You did this out of the kindness of your heart, at a great cost to you in terms of precious time and money. Take from it the fact that you have made a lot of ladies very happy.

I for one have enjoyed seeing pictures of your many wonderful gowns and marveled at the life and the philanthropy of the lady who wore them. You are one good egg!!:D

Smoothdancer - I am so sorry to hear that. I love this post and have followed it for some time. I have donated a couple of dresses and received a couple also. I love the idea and hope thiat it does not fade.

Please re-think your choice and do not let one bad person hinder you on helping many other nice people out.

I feel terribly that this happened to you. I love both dresses I received. It is certainly not your fault if a dress you GAVE away didn't fit the recipient. So sorry to hear that someone showed such a lack of appreciation for your generosity. :(

It sure would be nice to see pictures of the dresses/outfits in their new life.:)

If I had taken any pics(stupid me,I didn't) I would have posted them.I always bring my camera and get back home with no pics.

Laura

Smoothdancer, I can certainly understand your feelings and frustrations regarding the ungrateful recipient of your dress. I hope that you will take some time to think about your generous donations and reconsider. It would be so sad to let one bad apple ruin your wonderful giving spirit.

Believe me, I have been in your situation and the temptation to "pull up stakes" is high, but there is more satisfaction is continuing to make others happy than to let one rude, ignorant person steal your joy!

All the best to you and your kind soul!

smoothdancer, I'm really sorry that you had a bad experience. I always thought that you were kind and generous to put so much of your time and effort into sharing your beautiful dresses.

LOL, Iheart, I loved this gown too!! The best part about this gown is the hidden side zipper on this dress... I forget now who ended up with this one.

We should however encourage phillycruise to post the pictures of her in one of my dresses she sent me today.... This one never made it onto my picture site but I thought of it when she liked the picture you linked to. I loved wearing this one and was just perfect for her... She looks so awesome in this gown!!

I liked your funny faces!

LOL, Iheart, I loved this gown too!! The best part about this gown is the hidden side zipper on this dress... I forget now who ended up with this one.

We should however encourage phillycruise to post the pictures of her in one of my dresses she sent me today.... This one never made it onto my picture site but I thought of it when she liked the picture you linked to. I loved wearing this one and was just perfect for her... She looks so awesome in this gown!!

I liked your funny faces!

I love love loved this gown too so I smiled when I saw the pic reposted. I dreamt of this gown too ...I thought is was the perfect warm brown for a newly diagnosed "SPRING". Janet kindly sent me a beautiful backless golden gown which I love.

I was going to post glamorous pics once back from my cruise with hair done, make-up, a beautiful golden tan, and probably more importantly a bra :D, but smoothdancer your kind compliments twisted my arm. Here you go..... whoops I can only get one pic to upload. Bear with me....

IMG_1938_2.jpg.a0f83728624b8d08616ec44cbb9290bc.jpg

I had a dream about this one.:).........:(

coccafulllength1-vi.jpg

I loved this dress! But I did get the black and gold one and it fit GREAT... can't wait to wear it on our upcoming cruise.... Oh wait, now I need to book one just so I can wear it,