recycling clothing among cc members

Did u e-mail me back? If you did I missed it.

Please send another one with your address.

Smoothdancer - dropping your check in the mail today.

Hi Shannon

I replied right away (Friday@4:00). It looked like a work address so perhaps that's the problem. I've sent it again.

Thanks for following up.

Moira

LOL, now this is great fun for me...

So after sending out the last group of dresses the postage payments are starting to come in...

I have recevied many thank you cards along with the payments, one lady was so creative to send me a hand made thank you card with rhinestones glued to the card... A lady after my heart!!! This journey for me has been tons of fun!!

I just stumbled upon this thread, I think it is a wonderful idea! I am leaving on the Dawn in a month and I am heavier than I usually am before cruise time and so I am short some clothing. I am wearing a size 14-16 and could use a dress or two. I guess I will have to go out buy shorts bc nothing fits right now. LOL

Please email me if you have anything I could use. I will pay shipping to get it to my home. email demecaliente at ya hoo dot com

Thank you in advance.:)

Thank you!

I am deep into tax season right now but give me a few days and let me look and see if I have something in the 12-14 group that is formal... Thinking...I know I have a black and charcoal flowing chiffon cocktail length formal that is really quite nice in that size. LOL, just what closet is it in???

Jan......just wondering if the black and charcoal formal has been located. It sounds so beautiful with your description, now I'm anxious to see it!

Thanks,

Kay

Kay,

So sorry. I did find the dress I had in mind for you and oops, this is a size 6, and an absolute 6, would not even fit an 8. Not the size 12-14 that I thought it was. I love this dress so I attached a picture for anyone looking for a size 6. I did post a picture of a size 12 I have that is equally as wonderful. This one is ankle length with an print overlay on top of a few layers of chiffon.... It has fringe on the diagional. This however would not fit a 14, but 12 would work. An real slimming dress.

The other ladies... I do have more 12-14's but right now I am in tax season and cant get them out of the bins I have them in. If however you send me an Email as soon as I get a break and post pictures of the ones in storage I will Email you... It could be though close to a month.

I still have a few dresses due to go out that are still in my office... I promise they will go out soon, but right now my hours are crazy!!

For fun, I also posted a picture of a gown I am restoring... We are ballroom competitive dancers and this one I will wear for competition this week-end... Love this gown and thought you all might enjoy seeing it.

gray.jpg.961fd92adf809671a29e38983d72e0df.jpg

182601732_newrb.jpg.290881505ab5d63192f43dc9a150e795.jpg

423896390_gownrepair021.jpg.e2e1ed8d7ef0ae48dd5085a6d0a5b62f.jpg

842616803_gownrepair010.jpg.66f3a2e1f28b9fc03e8e8e9299acb686.jpg

Kay,

So sorry. I did find the dress I had in mind for you and oops, this is a size 6, and an absolute 6, would not even fit an 8. Not the size 12-14 that I thought it was. I love this dress so I attached a picture for anyone looking for a size 6. I did post a picture of a size 12 I have that is equally as wonderful. This one is ankle length with an print overlay on top of a few layers of chiffon.... It has fringe on the diagional. This however would not fit a 14, but 12 would work. An real slimming dress.

The other ladies... I do have more 12-14's but right now I am in tax season and cant get them out of the bins I have them in. If however you send me an Email as soon as I get a break and post pictures of the ones in storage I will Email you... It could be though close to a month.

I still have a few dresses due to go out that are still in my office... I promise they will go out soon, but right now my hours are crazy!!

For fun, I also posted a picture of a gown I am restoring... We are ballroom competitive dancers and this one I will wear for competition this week-end... Love this gown and thought you all might enjoy seeing it.

Jan, I'd love to try the red and black gown. If you have my address still, great, if not just let me know. LOVE your aqua competition one!!! Good luck for this weekend! Thanks again!!

Kay,

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!! I bellydance and I love anything that sparkles.

Kay,

I understand tax season is super busy. I thank you for your response but I leave in 4 weeks from today so I don't know if you will get it to me before I leave on our cruise. If you can get it out before that would be fantastic if not, I appreciate all that you are doing for other women and hope that the dress intended for me looks fabulous on some one else!

If you can help by chance before then, let me know. If not, God Bless you and all you do here on this thread. You really are a great lady!

Debbie

cruzinrican,

I have some 14 cocktail dresses that I will try to get pictures of and post here.

smoothdancer,

thanks for all the many women you have helped here. You basically have a small business going here.

moderators ,

thanks for making this a sticky

and finally a big thank you to Cruisedancer (Lisa), who started this whole thing and got the ball rolling.

cruzinrican,

I have some 14 cocktail dresses that I will try to get pictures of and post here.

smoothdancer,

thanks for all the many women you have helped here. You basically have a small business going here.

moderators ,

thanks for making this a sticky

and finally a big thank you to Cruisedancer (Lisa), who started this whole thing and got the ball rolling.

Hey Starlake, thanks! I look forward to viewing them soon.

LOL. business hardly... But hey always thinking like the CPA I am maybe I can take a charitable deduction on all my gowns I donated (kidding).

What I like about this sticky is that the baton gets pasts from one gal to the next... Someone donates what they have, when there is none left another gal comes along with pictures and donates...It is quite inspirational. I am so glad to see that starlake has come along when I cant at this time continue with weekly shipments.

With the volume of gowns and cocktail dresses I have I could of set up an EBay store easily.... But I just want to encourage you all that this process is much more rewarding then the few dollars you can make on EBay. Do you know I have no idea how some people have come across my Email but just last week I donated a dress to a girl looking for a white dress that she could change into to dance her first dance at her wedding... She had no money left to buy a second dress after her bridal gown... Let me tell you how wonderful I felt that I could help her. Was a simple white dress but did the trick.... Here is a picture of this one. She promised me a picture of the dance!

http://public.fotki.com/janandnick/white-wedding/

Kay,

I see your cruise is coming soon. I will get this dress out to you soon.

LOL. business hardly... But hey always thinking like the CPA I am maybe I can take a charitable deduction on all my gowns I donated (kidding).

What I like about this sticky is that the baton gets pasts from one gal to the next... Someone donates what they have, when there is none left another gal comes along with pictures and donates...It is quite inspirational. I am so glad to see that starlake has come along when I cant at this time continue with weekly shipments.

quote]

You definitely motivated me to donate my gown a few months back! This is a great sticky!

Lisa