On Deck For A Cure

steelerfan7

Does anyone know if Princess is still doing the On Deck For A Cure walk each cruise? We will be on the Coral in a few weeks and would love to participate.

Thanks

The first time I saw this was last summer on the Crown and since it was also on the Ruby and Pacific, I think they've continued it on all ships.

Tonight when I put my Walk for the Cure hat on, the one that I got for registering for the walk, I felt so proud that I did the Walk last October on the Crown. We will be back on the Crown this year and am already planning on doing it again, We raised over $1000. last year. It is such a wonderful cause!!!

I wore my On Deck hat for all 60 miles on the 2007 Philadelphia Koman 3-day. I got on the Dawn the week before - used it as a training walk.

If they have it on our cruise on the Star in February, I will participate. My sister is an 11 year survivor.

And sadly, my office manager (and friend) just lost her mother to it last month.

You can count on me being there on my Star cruise in just over a week. My beautiful wife is battling breast cancer. She was first diagnosed in 04 and had a radical masectomy and it came back last summer. It is now considered stage 4. She and our friends that are cruising with us will be walking I can assure you. Is it usually on a sea day.

You can count on me being there on my Star cruise in just over a week. My beautiful wife is battling breast cancer. She was first diagnosed in 04 and had a radical masectomy and it came back last summer. It is now considered stage 4. She and our friends that are cruising with us will be walking I can assure you. Is it usually on a sea day.

Reading this brought tears to my eyes and I will be praying for her. I got involved in the walk of our cruise for my 41 year old niece who two years ago also had a radical masectomy...three young children 8..6...4...so far she is cancer free. Please have a wonderful cruise and when I walk in November your wife will be another reason for me to wlak.

I did it on the Emerald in November. Some information for those reading who may not have done it (or heard of it previously).

It is a 5K (3.1 mile) walk and was held on our last sea day. They request a minimum $15 donation (which is put on your cruise card) and you do get a very cool navy blue hat with the requisite pink ribbon and the "On Deck for the Cure" logo. After we finished our walk they had a nice buffet set up with fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, and water. Water stations were also available on the route (we did laps around the Promenade deck).

I had a great time and enjoyed the opportunity to do something positive for such a worthy cause. I am looking forward to doing it on the Coral this November.

Erin

I did it on the Emerald in November. Some information for those reading who may not have done it (or heard of it previously).

It is a 5K (3.1 mile) walk and was held on our last sea day. They request a minimum $15 donation (which is put on your cruise card) and you do get a very cool navy blue hat with the requisite pink ribbon and the "On Deck for the Cure" logo. After we finished our walk they had a nice buffet set up with fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, and water. Water stations were also available on the route (we did laps around the Promenade deck).

I had a great time and enjoyed the opportunity to do something positive for such a worthy cause. I am looking forward to doing it on the Coral this November.

Erin

This was the same way it was done on the Crown last October. You are not obligated to finish the walk or in fact even do it. I wanted to give my hat to my niece...who had a double mastectomy.. . so I donated another $15.00 in my husband's name and I walked while he stayed at the pool.

Archived