Civitavecchia to Rome

We are going on the Navigator out of Rome in September of '09. Does anyone have experience with getting to the port from the airport in Rome and/or from the port back to Rome without using RCCL's transfers.

RCCL's cost for the hotels (with transfers) is obscene and their airfare package is even worse.

Any ideas, suggestions or comments?

Are you staying in Rome pre or post cruise? depending on which airport you fly into you can get either the train or the city airport bus into the main train station in Rome. from Rome to the port you can also get a train then its a short walk or taxi ride to the port from the train station. I have no idea of cost but I'm sure some may or you can google terravision as I'm sure that's the company at the airports for the buses. the bus/train trips are about a hour to city from a/p & a hour to cittivechie.

We are going on the Navigator out of Rome in September of '09. Does anyone have experience with getting to the port from the airport in Rome and/or from the port back to Rome without using RCCL's transfers.

RCCL's cost for the hotels (with transfers) is obscene and their airfare package is even worse.

Any ideas, suggestions or comments?

Whichever way you do it, it will be expensive and will take up to an hour and a half, there are many drivers services in Rome. I used romelimousine which can be found on the web. However try the actual sailing forum, or Port of call forum to see if anyone else wants to share a private hire with you.

We are going on Oct.4th and are using a private car. He is 140 EU and you can have 4 or 5 passengers. If you can share the ride it is worth it. My daughter used this car last Nov for the same cruise and said he was great.

From the Airport you can get the Airport Train into Termini Station in Rome. Very frequent and costs about 11 Euros. Takes 30 mins

From the Port there is a free shuttle from the ship to the port entrance. Its then about 7 mins walk to the train station. Turn right out of the port and follow the promenade about 3 blocks, station is on the left. Very easy walk-we did it with a wheelchair. Price is 9 Euros per person return to/from Rome.

The train to and from Civitavecchia starts/ends at Termini station in Rome but also stops at San Pedro station which is 5 mins walk from the Vatican. Civitavecchia to San Pedro is about 1 hour, another 15 mins to Termini. Trains are about every 30 mins to 1 hour dependant on time of day.

Archived