cruise documents

Acrusa

Just recieved or cruise documents yesterday May 22nd, for our July 26th cruise on Insignea.

I always thought we recieved them 45 days instead of over 60 days.

Did you receive the cruise vacation guide? If so, you will be receiving your final cruise vacation summary by e-mail approximately 14-21 days prior to sailing.

Shari

Sharicruz6

Did you receive the cruise vacation guide? If so, you will be receiving your final cruise vacation summary by e-mail approximately 14-21 days prior to sailing.

Shari

Sharicruz6

What is a cruise vacation summary? We received the same booklet with all our information in it that we received last year..And our luggage tags.

The 40-page booklet you received with your luggage tags is captioned on the top of the cover page as "Cruise Vacation Guide". As Shari stated above, you also will receive an email from your TA with Oceania's "Final Cruise Vacation Summary", just a couple of pages, a few weeks before sailing. (That's exactly what we received last year for our first cruise and this spring for our second.)

This is different from the way they used to do it. Now the pre-cruise docs are more comprehensive and all you receive as actual documents is a confirming email. They used to send the final docs in a leather (or fake leather) wallet which was a nice presentation. I'm sure they save a ton of money this new way.

This is different from the way they used to do it. Now the pre-cruise docs are more comprehensive and all you receive as actual documents is a confirming email. They used to send the final docs in a leather (or fake leather) wallet which was a nice presentation. I'm sure they save a ton of money this new way.

I still have a couple of those old leather or leather-like wallets...and when I got this year's cruise packet my first thought was...If only they retained the same size and shape, I could have put the new cardboard doc into the old wallet...

We also received the booklet, luggage tags and Turkish Visas well over two months prior to the cruise...

Hard to figure what else they could possibly need to send...

After several cruises we had so many of those "leather" wallets which we never used anyway, as we have our own system, that they went into the garage sale and sold for 25 cents a piece!.

We like the new vacation guide but suspect it is not cheap to produce since it is so individualized.

It certainly is easier to look at the shore excursions.

We normally leave it at home and just take the final cruise documents with us and even then no one has asked for them. They just take the passport and give us our card.

Archived