Barcelona port to airport, 10 AM flight

recia

We will be arriving in Barcelona on Sept 1 on the Ruby. Can not stay over so have a 10 AM flight. Does anyone have experience with getting from the ship to the airport, how long did it take, when did you get off the ship, etc.

It's not very far to the airport,maybe 20 minutes or so, and taxis are readily available. The ship will dock earlier than it does in the Caribbean, and they are used to passengers with early flights. But, I would definitely opt for the self disembarking option, as long as you can manage to get your bags off the ship by yourselves. Go to the pursar's desk fairly early in the cruise and request this, then check to make sure you get the correct designation on your disembarkation letter the last day of the cruise. The airport at Barcelona is a real zoo early in the AM, so be prepared.

Hi...We were on the Ruby with disembarkation in Barcelona. Just be aware that the line for

taxis can be very long..they only allow so many in at a time. It might be better to arrange for a taxi/car service to pick you up and take you to airport. We were on Las Ramblas at the Le Meridien (about 10 minutes from port in taxi) and for a party of 4 the fare to the airport was 45euros. They charge per suitcase in the taxi. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

We had an 11:30 flight on May 4th, and we used the Princess transfer. We had one of the earlier diesembarking times, and we were at the airport by 9 am. You could get the earliest disembarking time, and you should be ok. There weren't a lot of cabs; we were told that officials only allow 15 cabs in port at a time. There looked to be more cabs than 15, but not as many as we've seen in other ports.

Self disembarking was very early; I think it was around 6 a.m.

It was so nice to meet you and Tom at the Chef's Table. We did the Chef's Table on the Med part of our cruise with Generoso. A different menu and equally as yummy. The Med cruise was awesome and our time in Tuscany was awesome. How was your visit with your new found family in Italy? Looking forward to our summer travels.

Helen and Jerry

The Barcelona airport may be the biggest issue. If you have checked luggage, the line for that can be very long aroung 30 minutes then the line through security could be even longer.

If your ship is early to port and you are early off and you get transportation right away, then you probably will make it in time. I'm not sure which airline you are flying some give away seats if you don't check in early enough. Alot of ifs. Would be too stressful for me; I wish you all the luck.

Archived