Are there any internet cafes in port

Wanderbug

It's important that I check my email during my cruise. I hate to pay the prices that the ship charges for internet. When I have cruised the Caribbean, it's always been easy to find an internet cafe in port.

Does anyone know if any of the ports have internet cafes? (Skagway, Icy Straits, Juneau and Ketchikan)

Skagway - great little camera shop/internet cafe 2.50 per half hour, 5 bucks for an hour. just follow the crew from your ship, its not hard to find, as you come into town it will be in the the top left hand corner of town - sorry i cannot remember what street, but the town is small, you can find it! ketchikan, there is internet access right across the road from the pier, in a stretch of closed up shops or at the library, just down from creek street, again, ask your crew - they all know the way!

Just got back yesterday, use the on shore cafe's at 2.50 per 30 minutes much cheaper!!!!

I found this in my notes of tidbits I've been collecting over the past few months:

Seaport Cyber (175 S. Franklin - Juneau). Buy a $5 card good for an hour online in three ports -- Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.

I think it's from an article in the Washington Post. Since only the Juneau location has a street address, I guess you could google the name to find the others. What I like about it is that if you buy the $5 card & don't use all the time at the first port call, you can still use it at the other locations. :)

Yes they all have them. In Juneau it was fairly close to the red dog saloon, like a block away, they accepted al $$ payments.

In Skagway again it was fairly close to the onion saloon, right downtown, and they took all form of payment

In ketchikan, it was on the 2nd level of a building, close to the lumber jack show, BUT one was pretty much forced to buy a card for $6 good for 1 hr! You could swipe ur credit card at the machine for $3 for 30 min, but I wouldn't feel that safe about doing that. That card was good for their other locations in Juneau and Skagway ,BUT for us,ketchikan was our last port of call,lol I just gave it to our Asst waiter. Of course there are prob other locations as well. RCCL charge for onboard internet was 0.55 cents a minute

Archived