Carnival Cruisers are Getting a Bad Reputation in Key West

Ship Addict

Apparently lately Carnival cruisers who have visited Key West are leaving a bad taste in some residents' mouths. I don't know who these passengers are, if they truly exist, or if they're being completely blown out of proportion, but nevertheless, we are being talked about on other boards.

It was said that the last couple of visits the Fantasy made to KW brought forth a scourge of unclothed, uncouth, intoxicated boors onto the town. Men went topless when they should not have, women wore bikinis through town, all were barefoot, and *gasp* carrying pink Carnival DOD cups. These people apparently could barely walk and perhaps even relieved themselves in public.

These people now have some of the residents of KW judging ALL Carnival passengers by this disrespect of their town. And they have drawn the conclusion that since this batch of nasty cruisers were on a Carnival ship, then the entire manifest of Carnival passengers must be of the same caliber. And they have drawn the conclusion that the poor boy who went overboard must have also been of the same ilk, even though we have been given no details of his situation to confirm or deny such.

So if you were one of these people (or know someone who was) who descended on KW naked and drunk, please in the future keep the rest of us Carnival passengers in mind and the poor, poor residents of KW. Put some clothes on, wear shoes, don't carry around pink cups FTLOG. You're making us all look bad!!

Apparently lately Carnival cruisers who have visited Key West are leaving a bad taste in some residents' mouths. I don't know who these passengers are, if they truly exist, or if they're being completely blown out of proportion, but nevertheless, we are being talked about on other boards.

It was said that the last couple of visits the Fantasy made to KW brought forth a scourge of unclothed, uncouth, intoxicated boors onto the town. Men went topless when they should not have, women wore bikinis through town, all were barefoot, and *gasp* carrying pink Carnival DOD cups. These people apparently could barely walk and perhaps even relieved themselves in public.

These people now have some of the residents of KW judging ALL Carnival passengers by this disrespect of their town. And they have drawn the conclusion that since this batch of nasty cruisers were on a Carnival ship, then the entire manifest of Carnival passengers must be of the same caliber. And they have drawn the conclusion that the poor boy who went overboard must have also been of the same ilk, even though we have been given no details of his situation to confirm or deny such.

So if you were one of these people (or know someone who was) who descended on KW naked and drunk, please in the future keep the rest of us Carnival passengers in mind and the poor, poor residents of KW. Put some clothes on, wear shoes, don't carry around pink cups FTLOG. You're making us all look bad!!

Sounds like Key West at Halloween.

:eek: OMG:eek:............ People get drunk and act stupid in KW, and some of the people happend to be carring a Carnival cups.. So some how the means that all Carnival passengers are stupid.. :rolleyes:

This coming from the Town that hosts annual "Fantasy Fest" ??????? ken

Thanks...you beat me to it...:rolleyes:

Ummm... could it be that the 'other' board that's bashing Carnival visitors might have three initials... the first one 'R' and the last one 'L'???

I looked at the Key West Ports of Call forum and there's no mention of it there at all...

Just sounds like more trash from some folks who love to encourage rumor mongering...

:rolleyes:

EDIT:

I just had an opportunity to look at a couple other boards and I've not been able to find any reference to such problems anywhere.

My apologies for my assumption regarding the origin of the posts...

:)

OK...first of all you are reading this on other boards?

Unless you heard this from a Key West resident directly I would seriously consider the source.

Having visited Key west on a few occasions for several days at a time, you just described a normal day at the Hogs Breath cafe or Sloppy Joes...LOL

Sounds like whatever "boards" you read this on are posting with an agensa.

BTW...you are allowed to walk duval street with drinks in plastic cups...the bars give them to you.

When that happens in my town, we call it revenue!

Didn't the Fantasy just recently start going to Key West.

I have to say.... I seriously DOUBT that story! Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.... When we went on the Fantasy there were mostly families and seniors...

Must have been those darn seniors.....you know how rowdy they can get ;) !!!!!!!!

As a Townie in a seaside resort town all I have to say about this is .... *yawn*.

Whatever.

The Key West folks were less than pleasant to me the last time I was down there, one of asking me what time the ship was pulling and then telling me it was a good thing I wasn't going to be there to ruin the sunset. I take it with a grain of salt. I've spent too much time complaining about the BENNYs not to expect a bit in return, turn-about being fair play in all of that. All the more reason not to act like an entitled tourist in port, I say.

How about this?

Every Key West person I talked to said they needed this money, and that if Carnival hadn't re-routed ships to Key West many of them would have made little to no money at that time.

Carnival brought Key West a mini-surge in an otherwise slow period. I saw the tourist spots full of Carnival people, excursions were booked, and Carnival people were on most scooter and bicycles in town. I love Key West, it is like a tropical french quarter. I was dressed decent and spent a lot of money there. As did the majority of the touirst there. I think this is BS. Lets see how well this month would have looked on the books if the swine flu hadn't have happened.

When that happens in my town, we call it revenue!

Exactly, we actually encourage such behavior. Which makes this story strange to me, as Duval street is know for this behavior. I mean topless men, and women in bikinis , oh My!! Seriously???

ummm... Could it be that the 'other' board that's bashing carnival visitors might have three initials... The first one 'r' and the last one 'l'???

i looked at the key west ports of call forum and there's no mention of it there at all...

just sounds like more trash from some folks who love to encourage rumor mongering...

hahahahaha

This RCL versus CCL things is getting old, very old. Why keep mentioning it?

Because its a slow day and the only other hot topic is the propper use of the word "fall". :p:rolleyes:

LOL

That description qualifies them for residency and "Conch Republic" Passports. Did they have a mass "Oath of Citizenship" swearing in? And I do mean SWEARING!

Ship Addict, it would help us if you stated which boards. I did a quick check on several and found nothing like what you mentioned.

4.gif

Archived