Carnival Cruisers are Getting a Bad Reputation in Key West

Ship Addict

Men topless really? I can see that walking outside the door of my apartment on any given day.

I hope this "residents" never come to Mardi Gras because I can tell you they would see more than that. I mean seriously thier town holds one of the biggest party weekends in the country, I KNOW they have seen worse. I smell BS for real on this one. I wish people stop Carnival bashing. I have no clue whats goes on at RCL, NCL, X, DCL , so why do I need to bother commenting when I've never been on their ships. People need to get a life. Speak what you know not what you think you know!

Apparently lately Carnival cruisers who have visited Key West are leaving a bad taste in some residents' mouths. I don't know who these passengers are, if they truly exist, or if they're being completely blown out of proportion, but nevertheless, we are being talked about on other boards.

It was said that the last couple of visits the Fantasy made to KW brought forth a scourge of unclothed, uncouth, intoxicated boors onto the town. Men went topless when they should not have, women wore bikinis through town, all were barefoot, and *gasp* carrying pink Carnival DOD cups. These people apparently could barely walk and perhaps even relieved themselves in public.

These people now have some of the residents of KW judging ALL Carnival passengers by this disrespect of their town. And they have drawn the conclusion that since this batch of nasty cruisers were on a Carnival ship, then the entire manifest of Carnival passengers must be of the same caliber. And they have drawn the conclusion that the poor boy who went overboard must have also been of the same ilk, even though we have been given no details of his situation to confirm or deny such.

So if you were one of these people (or know someone who was) who descended on KW naked and drunk, please in the future keep the rest of us Carnival passengers in mind and the poor, poor residents of KW. Put some clothes on, wear shoes, don't carry around pink cups FTLOG. You're making us all look bad!!

Baloney!!!

This coming from the Town that hosts annual "Fantasy Fest" ??????? ken

Ok, so this is exactly what I was thinking--ROFLMAO.

Second question is, we care about other people's opinions of us, why?

:DThe Divas had a great time in Key West with Boas and Tiaras and I never saw any KW residents complain when we spent our money in the shops and bars....oh and we spent a lot of money in the shops and bars. I have never known KW to be anything other than crazy and that was the reputation I always thought the Key West Residents enjoyed!!!! Anything goes in Key West was the way I thought the line went!

Ok, so this is exactly what I was thinking--ROFLMAO.

Second question is, we care about other people's opinions of us, why?

I was going to make sure I help carnival live up to it's reputation in the Keys next Saturday--I will not let anyone down!

I think the OP got what he was looking for. Get a grip. I'm sure this was just one of those posts to stir the pot and get peoples panties in a bunch.:D

My panties are not in a bunch...:p Sometimes it is fun to have a sense of humor about a situation and mock the post

We cruised to Key West in 1990 and the locals were complaining about the cruise ships back then. I can imagine that it has only gotten worse. We fell in love with Key West and have traveled there many times since. Just my two cents, but in my experience I can see where there could possibly be some truth to the original poster's comments ...

I think the OP got what he was looking for. Get a grip. I'm sure this was just one of those posts to stir the pot and get peoples panties in a bunch.:D

And as we all know, Carnival cruisers don't wear panties... come on, now. :eek:

RCCL is better then CCL....

deadhorse.gif

If you were trying to be funny you missed the boat (don't excuse the pun). I have cruised on Carnival once, Norwegian once and RCCL three times with two more cruises planned for Royal Caribbean but I find your comment out-of-line. Carnival and Royal Caribbean are equally as good especially to their loyal customers. It is just a matter of which line a person perfers. So PLEASE do not stir this pot anymore than HOST MACH has already tried.

RCCL is better then CCL....

deadhorse.gif

Past Cruises

Carnival Pride - 03/08 - Mexican Rivera

Carnival Valor - 05/09 - Western Caribbean

Your list of past cruises certainly confirms that!:rolleyes:

Interesting desrciption...because that just about describes almost every tourist I've seen walking down the street in Key West. As a matter of fact, that's pretty tame from the tales I've heard from Fantasy Fest and the Parrothead's "Meeting Of The Minds" that immediately follows Fantasty Fest.

When I read this I immediatly detected over the top sarcasm. Having been to Key West many times the only people that would stand out are the ones dressed in clothes many of us would wear to the store. I also thought of Fantasy Fest and the painted women.

If you were trying to be funny you missed the boat (don't excuse the pun). I have cruised on Carnival once, Norwegian once and RCCL three times with two more cruises planned for Royal Caribbean but I find your comment out-of-line. Carnival and Royal Caribbean are equally as good especially to their loyal customers. It is just a matter of which line a person prefers. So PLEASE do not stir this pot anymore than HOST MACH has already tried.

My point was these people who think their line so superior and Carnival is white trash has gotten soooooo old. We get it. We are white trash and as is Carnival. If we agree will you kindly move along?

Lady - Not sure why you took offense to my point unless you thought i was agreeing with the OP, cause as you can see by my cruise history i don't. I was saying their superiority posts are getting old.

In fact i am within days of booking a RCCL cruise and to be honest i am a tad worried i will be cruising with a bunch of elitists based on the hundreds of these superiority threads i read every week.

Archived