Tampa port questions

hmsdos

Anyone have suggestions/information about the parking cost when cruising out of the Tampa port? And/or is there a hotel/motel near the port that provides free parking and/or transportation to the port?

Any comments, suggestions, information appreciated.... thanks.

Anyone have suggestions/information about the parking cost when cruising out of the Tampa port? And/or is there a hotel/motel near the port that provides free parking and/or transportation to the port?

Any comments, suggestions, information appreciated.... thanks.

We're just back off the Legend. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ybor City for 1 night. They have a "Park and Cruise" rate. Inside parking, shuttle to terminal and pick up. Very nice breakfast layout. Easy walking distance to places in Ybor City. Next to a streetcar stop. Also hear that the Embassy Suites have good rates, they have a shuttle, but if you're driving, you'll have to drive to terminal and park there. Cost for 3 of us in a larger room at the Hampton Inn was still cheaper than staying in the Embassy Suites and parking at the terminal. If you're flying in, try the Embassy Suites, and just take a cab from the airport. You can then get an airport shuttle at the terminal when you return.

We're just back off the Legend. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ybor City for 1 night. They have a "Park and Cruise" rate. Inside parking, shuttle to terminal and pick up. Very nice breakfast layout. Easy walking distance to places in Ybor City. Next to a streetcar stop. Also hear that the Embassy Suites have good rates, they have a shuttle, but if you're driving, you'll have to drive to terminal and park there. Cost for 3 of us in a larger room at the Hampton Inn was still cheaper than staying in the Embassy Suites and parking at the terminal. If you're flying in, try the Embassy Suites, and just take a cab from the airport. You can then get an airport shuttle at the terminal when you return.

Thank you for your response... we are driving.

Or park at the Amtrak lot and pay nothing except the taxi cost to the pier and back That should be about 5-10 dollars each way. Park in back of the station in the fenced in area and you are safe. no one ever checks whose car belongs to who.You will save about $70. after taxi cost.

Mark

My sister in law sailed Carnival with her family last summer out of Tampa and told me to use the valet parking because it was such a pain in the neck to park. I was determined to do that when my mother, sister, and I got to the port in February, but my mother didn't like the idea of handing over the keys to a stranger. We had planned on staying at a nearby hotel and taking advantage of their stay and park offer, but we sailed the day after the Super Bowl and there was nothing available. When we got to the port though, we saw that the parking garage was directly across the street from the RCCL terminal, so I dropped of my mother and sister with our luggage, parked, then took a very short walk across the street to meet them. Very easy.

Parking is very easy in Tampa when you drive in to the parking ramp they will collect your total fee at that time and give you a token for your return. I added some pics of the parking area taken from the top deck of the Carnival Legend. enjoy your cruise:)

IMG_0880.jpg.7cd47c52265eba9a194fa30eea9cb3d2.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg.6eea3201cd141cf4d5b71f4baf128cd0.jpg

Thanks to both ChattaCruzer and Santaa! And super pictures... This is great... it is nice to be able to have information before just "showing up" and driving around "hoping" there are clear signs :rolleyes:

We are staying at the LaQuinta near the airport. They have a free shuttle to the hotel and $10 pp to the pier. I'm not sure how nice it is. Has anyone else stayed at this location? How is it? It seemed to be priced fair (around $59-$99). I am using free points for the room.

We are on Radiance 10/16/10. This thread has been a big help and we will continue to follow it.

Thanks HMSDOS!

Rick and Deirdra

Hey, can you believe the luck.... what super news!!!!:D

Keep us posted on if you go early... and stay.... where:confused:

You guys take good care of the Radiance when she comes to Tampa and let us know how your cruise went when you return. We'll be onboard her in Nov-10 and have been cruising since the mid 80's (mostly with RCI) but this will be our first trip on a Radiance class.:)

We've seen the Best Western right near Busch Gardens recommended. They have their own van to shuttle you to the park.

We'd like to spend at least one day pre-cruise seaing the Tampa sites. We are shore that BG will take a whole day.

And maybe a day post-cruise.

Rick and Deirdra

You guys take good care of the Radiance when she comes to Tampa and let us know how your cruise went when you return. We'll be onboard her in Nov-10 and have been cruising since the mid 80's (mostly with RCI) but this will be our first trip on a Radiance class.:)

This will be our first trip out of the Tampa Port... we have been on the Radiance, but not for some time. We think the Radiance Class is the prettiest ships RCCL has :)... do believe you will really enjoy!

H & D,

You are welcome!

We've now been looking at the Embassy Suites/Convention Center. It's a good location, has Happy Hour nightly and a hot breakfast included in the price. It's also on the streetcar line and close to the pier. And they state it is 10 miles to Busch Gardens, not all that far. Until (if) we find something better, we like it.

Take care,

R & D

• 1 month later...
You may want to re think your idea of staying near Busch Gardens. The surrounding area is seedy! Check out this link. Some of the dates have expired, just call the hotel for there updated rates.

Mark

http://www.visittampabay.com/static/index.cfm?action=group&contentID=851

Note you live in Tampa... question... from getting off the expressway, is there clear markings to the Port.... do we have to do security while still in the car (as in Ft Lauderdale).... and is the parking garage close to the buildings for check in? Thanks.

Archived