booze in room

My three prior regent cruises have all been in PH level cabins. The butler only served to spoil DW with the afternoon snacks and such. The bar setup was nice in case I got snakebit or suffered froastbite and needed treatment. I am thinking about a longer cruise where the difference between a lower cat cabin and PH is significant. Do the lower cat cabin have booze at all?:confused:

When Regent went all-inclusive, they stopped automatically asking what you wanted for a set-up in the sub-PH suites. However, you can ask your cabin steward/stewardess and you get the previous 2 bottles of regular wine or liquor or one bottle of premium without difficulty. Plus regular resupply of the beer and soda.

We love our cabin on deck six. Exact same cabin as on deck ten. Can't imagine paying for ten when we can get six at a much lower price. And Regent will happily protect you from snakes and most other kinds of vermin with a supply of liquor of your choice on deck six. Yes, even on deck six. I have been so well supplied I've nary seen a snake slither by. My lips are sealed regarding the vermin. Pat

FWIW, on our recent cruise (F category on Mariner), on day one or two, our stewardess left us a form asking what we would like for our 2 bottles of booze.

And another day while having drinks in my parents cabin, we called room service for a couple of cocktails, and they delivered. :)

if you are in a butlered penthouse or above, they'll ask. In all other cabins, just ask your stewardess (they'll make a point of introducing themselves shortly after you board). They'll provide a list. Regular stuff (and this isn't to say "cheap stuff") allows you to request 2 bottles of liquor or wine. Premium brands and it is a single bottle. Truthfully, I don't know what would happen if you exhausted those bottles and asked for more...given the all-inclusive nature at the bars and lounges, I'd be a bit surprised if they said no. Your in-cabin refrigerator will be stocked with an assortment of bottled water, sodas and beers (usually Bud and Heineken). You can let your stewardess know your preferences and that's what they'll keep stocked (they do a couple of services in the cabins each day so you'll not likely run out between). Don't request wine if your thought is that some night you'll choose to dine in your cabin. If you request evening dinner service, you can order the same items offered in the main dining room (announced on a TV channel) plus the usual 24-hour room service menu. They'll provide the same wine as offered in the dining room that evening (doesn't count against your room setup) and also the option of having dinner served in courses.

When they went all-inclusive, they stopped automatically providing the setups. Mostly, I assume, to prevent a lot of wastage because between the open bars and the organized cocktail parties (sail-away, Captain's, Seven Seas Society (after your first cruise), farewell, etc), there aren't many occasions to drink much in your cabins (IMHO).

All of this is for ANY cabin on board. No second-tier passengers on Regent. Enjoy!

When they went all-inclusive, they stopped automatically providing the setups. Mostly, I assume, to prevent a lot of wastage because between the open bars and the organized cocktail parties (sail-away, Captain's, Seven Seas Society (after your first cruise), farewell, etc), there aren't many occasions to drink much in your cabins (IMHO).

All of this is for ANY cabin on board. No second-tier passengers on Regent. Enjoy!

I agree...the last time we ordered alcohol for the room, it was still unopened at the end of the cruise. It was more fun to be sociable, and as you said, it is hard to drink more than you get at all the shindigs!

I hear varying stories about the bar set-up in suites. Prior to going all-inclusive in 2007, you were given an order sheet where you could order two bottles of regular alcohol or wine. Or, you could order one liter of premium alcohol (Grey Goose, for instance). Since that time, Regent has slowly been going away from that policy since people can have drinks anywhere on the ship.

Still, many repeat customers board the ship only to find their favorite already in their suite. More often that not -- you simply ask your stewardess (or butler) for a bottle of your choice and it is delivered in a short period of time.

So, if you are new to Regent and do not find an order form in your suite. Just make a call and order what you want. It will not be a problem:)

I hear varying stories about the bar set-up in suites. Prior to going all-inclusive in 2007, you were given an order sheet where you could order two bottles of regular alcohol or wine. Or, you could order one liter of premium alcohol (Grey Goose, for instance). Since that time, Regent has slowly been going away from that policy since people can have drinks anywhere on the ship.

Still, many repeat customers board the ship only to find their favorite already in their suite. More often that not -- you simply ask your stewardess (or butler) for a bottle of your choice and it is delivered in a short period of time.

So, if you are new to Regent and do not find an order form in your suite. Just make a call and order what you want. It will not be a problem:)

One key point to remember on Regent is that they are not mind-readers =) We have never been refused anything we asked nicely for. An example from our most recent voyage (PG Brisbane to Papeete:) we were in a butler suite; my wife enjoys Belvedere vodka and I prefer Pinch scotch (called Dimple everywhere in the world except the U.S. for some reason.) Well, the Belvedere was in the suite but the butler infomred me that Pinch was going to cost me $50 if I wanted it. That seemed silly (it is available in the bars) so I settled for Chevas. The next day the mid-cruise questionnaire arrived and my wife, unbeknownst to me, menitoned that I was disappointed not to have Pinch. When we returned to our suite later that day, the Pinch was there, complete with pretty box. No charge. I don't think it would have been any different in any suite, butler or not (and by the way . . . . we have never been able to think of a good reason to pay for a butler on Regent --- canapes in the afternoon? We have just placed a standing order with room service for assorted canapes to be delivered to the suite about 4 pm each day. No problem =)

One key point to remember on Regent is that they are not mind-readers =) We have never been refused anything we asked nicely for. An example from our most recent voyage (PG Brisbane to Papeete:) we were in a butler suite; my wife enjoys Belvedere vodka and I prefer Pinch scotch (called Dimple everywhere in the world except the U.S. for some reason.) Well, the Belvedere was in the suite but the butler infomred me that Pinch was going to cost me $50 if I wanted it. That seemed silly (it is available in the bars) so I settled for Chevas. The next day the mid-cruise questionnaire arrived and my wife, unbeknownst to me, menitoned that I was disappointed not to have Pinch. When we returned to our suite later that day, the Pinch was there, complete with pretty box. No charge. I don't think it would have been any different in any suite, butler or not (and by the way . . . . we have never been able to think of a good reason to pay for a butler on Regent --- canapes in the afternoon? We have just placed a standing order with room service for assorted canapes to be delivered to the suite about 4 pm each day. No problem =)

I was surprised by the lack of choices on the online butler form. Rum was limited to either Bacardi light or Myer's dark, and there was no room for typing in custom special requests. Likewise, colas were limited to the Coke family, even though I've heard the PG stocks Pepsi as well. The only space for typing in custom requests was under the premium bottle section, so I typed in a request for Capt. Morgan's rum instead of the Myer's dark (it should be the same price or less than Myer's, therefore definitely not premium, and I know it's available on the ship) as well as a request for Diet Pepsi instead of Diet Coke.

I'm putting my odds at around 80% that we'll find the Capt. Morgan's and Diet Pepsi already in the stateroom. If not, I'm almost 100% sure that the butler will swap them out on request when we arrive. And bring us some limes. And ice.

I agree that I wouldn't have paid extra for the butler since it seems so many (if not all) of his functions are overlapped by other cruise staff/crew, making it somewhat redundant. Still, having already paid for our larger cabin and iPod dock, we'll happily munch our delivered canapes with our rum & coke over our butlered ice with a twist of butlered lime.

If you stay in the non-penthouse, as others have said, you ask for your liquor on arrival (I put in my preferences online all 3 times and never got them). The stewardess happily will get what you need. A lot of liquor is considered "premium", even Grey Goose. Hubby was able to get Myers rum and Absolut, but both Jack Daniels and Grey Goose were considered "premium", and he was told he could only have one or the other or would have to order non-premium. We were able to call room service daily to get a bottle of chardonnay, and we always got interesting wines. I was able to ask for an in-room wine list later in the cruise, but it was fun to just ask for chardonnay and see what they brought.

Archived