How is it possible?

My mom is trying to book a cruise with 3 of her sisters. She has called a "Vacation Planner" (not from Carnival) and they told her they can put them (total of 4 people) in a suite on the Holiday departing out of Mobile, AL on August 1st for $366 per person.... I may be crazy and just not know what I am talking about, but that doesn't sound right to me. Carnival's website shows it at $1189/pp (based on double occupancy), but does it really come out to $339/pp???? Just trying to keep my mom and aunts from getting burned....

Thanks!!! :o

No way are they getting a suite for that price, not even on Holiday. We paid around $500pp for our OV room on holiday.

That's my thought too, but apparently there is someone telling my mom a different story.... I think I have talked her out of listening to her. It would just help if I can show her this post with everyone that replies... :)

My mom is trying to book a cruise with 3 of her sisters. She has called a "Vacation Planner" (not from Carnival) and they told her they can put them (total of 4 people) in a suite on the Holiday departing out of Mobile, AL on August 1st for $366 per person.... I may be crazy and just not know what I am talking about, but that doesn't sound right to me. Carnival's website shows it at $1189/pp (based on double occupancy), but does it really come out to $339/pp???? Just trying to keep my mom and aunts from getting burned....

Something does not sound right. Get another quote.

It almost looks like the TA is taking the price of the suite for one person + taxes and dividing it by 4. Sounds like they don't realize that is a per person price not a room price. I would extremely scared to give that TA any of my $$.

Maybe they aren't actually pricing a "suite". That sounds about right for putting 4 into a regular cabin.

I went and checked for 4 people in a suite and it comes to about $821 per person, taking into account 3rd and 4th person rates and all the taxes. I would definitely have your mom check with another another travel agent or go thru Carnival.

I just spoke to my mom and she is still trying to believe the TA.... She says that this paticular travel company (not sure if I can mention the name of the company or not)... has 4 cabins "at this price" and they are suites and she gave mom a total of like $1464 or something for the whole cabin.... divide that 4 ways and you get $366/pp.... I don't know what else to tell her to convince her they are crazy! :confused:

I just spoke to my mom and she is still trying to believe the TA.... She says that this paticular travel company (not sure if I can mention the name of the company or not)... has 4 cabins "at this price" and they are suites and she gave mom a total of like $1464 or something for the whole cabin.... divide that 4 ways and you get $366/pp.... I don't know what else to tell her to convince her they are crazy! :confused:

Maybe its a group price and the TA is just discounting the price??

Someone else said maybe they arent telling your mom all the add-ons, and not including taxes and port charges. Some TAs quote the port charges and pull them out from the cruise fare.

Has to be a answer ... get a cabin # is the only way.

The agency might be a consolidator. These people book bulk quantities of space and get a very good rate. Some will pass it on, others will not. Consolidators are common in the airline industry and much less so in the cruise business.

Doc

Maybe there's a Seniors Discount or State discount or either they're scamming them for becoming a member of something. Or its the amount without the taxes and port charges. Maybe it's their downpayment(deposit).:eek:

Archived