Best Booking Bargains

aprilivy

We're about to plan a cruise after 2 years away and we want your opinion.

Do you book through Carnival, a travel agent, or somewhere like vacations to go?

Have you received upgrades when booking? What did you get?

We are return guests and WAY over 55...where do you get the best deals?

I'm not sure if you are allowed to mention agencies such as vtg here so I won't give you specific names. Now is the time to be cruising as the rates are getting lower and lower. For example, I received an email today that had 7 day Caribbean cruises with an OBC of $200 for only $369. Search around and I am sure you will find a rate that will put a smile on your face.

Any rates you see advertised, the same rate is available thru Carnival, so doesnt always pay to shop around.

I was with a TA who didnt want to get a price drop and then started to charge a change fee, but they do discount (but of course it doesnt say so on their web site), there is always a catch isnt there?

Iv decided for me its best to go thru Carnival where I have more control over my booking. If there is a price drop on early saver, I fill out the form myself, I dont have to call my TA etc.

Carnival is having a big sale today through the 31st. Onboard credits and free upgrades. go to there website and check them out! I see some really good deals there.

I posted this in the thread about that but I'll post here incase OP doesn't see it...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cashback/default.aspx?icid=CC_Specials_47

Cash back offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Combinable with Fun Select rates only. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Available in stateroom categories 4A - 11. Blackout dates may apply. Valid on new individual bookings made between 3/9/09 - 5/31/09. Promotion is applicable to select ships and departures between 5/24/09-9/04/09. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Cash back may not be applied to cruise fare or government taxes and fees. Please request fare code OCB.

If you're flexible and a blackout (can't get that fare code) exists then you could save hundreds going a week before/after.

Archived