SOE 2.0 Veendam Revealed!

Thanks! We heard that they removed the desk drawers and so we're hoping to see some more photos of the new Lanai cabins if you get a chance. (... just looking for places to store our stuff on the 35 day we just booked)

Pat

On the blog the picture of the Oceanview stateroom is labled as Upper Promenade Deck.

I did not know there were any cabins on Deck 8?

Based on the deckchair and rail visible through the window of the depicted cabin, I would guess it was a Lower Promenade Deck 6 Oceanview stateroom.

I love the new decorating in the cabins and think MIX looks great!

The showroom also looks really nice. Love that new look.

Thanks for sharing them on your Blog, DBA. Fun for us to see.

On the blog the picture of the Oceanview stateroom is labled as Upper Promenade Deck.

I did not know there were any cabins on Deck 8?

Based on the deckchair and rail visible through the window of the depicted cabin, I would guess it was a Lower Promenade Deck 6 Oceanview stateroom.

Good eye, thank you! :)

Can you tell from the time stamp on that post that I might have been a bit tired... :o

Good eye, thank you! :)

Can you tell from the time stamp on that post that I might have been a bit tired... :o

I know the feeling. Last time I was aboard Veendam I was so tired I wandered Upper Promenade Deck 8 for hours trying to find my Oceanview Stateroom. *chuckle*

Dutch -- The interior shots do look nice but I am one of those who will not sail (on a warm weather cruise) with a wading pool on the aft deck. Rumor has it that the last three S class ships will retain the aft pool while the Rotterdam will be converted to a wading pool. I applaud the retention of the aft pool on the Maasdam, Ryndam and Statendam ( if it is true ). What is the inside version as to what is happening.

Thank you! We are booked in a spa suite and I really wanted a picture! Looking forward to seeing what the spa perks are and how they are carried out. Everyone's been so up in arms about the lani cabins, no one's chatted much about the new spa stuff.

Any info on the spa suites would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! We are booked in a spa suite and I really wanted a picture! Looking forward to seeing what the spa perks are and how they are carried out. Everyone's been so up in arms about the lani cabins, no one's chatted much about the new spa stuff.

Any info on the spa suites would be greatly appreciated!

It means that besides the amenities available in every room:

Spacious, elegantly appointed staterooms, many with private verandahs

Luxurious Mariner's Dream™ beds and premium linens

Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate

Large, extra-fluffy Egyptian cotton towels

Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers

Luxurious terry cloth bathrobes

Elemis Aromapure "Time to Spa" bath amenities

Televisions with DVD or VCR players

Generous storage

Complimentary fresh fruit

Complimentary 24-hour in-room dining

Nightly turndown service

Complimentary shoeshine service

Complimentary ice service

You will have in your SPA stateroom, the following:

• Organic cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • iPod® docking station
  • In-room slate table-top water feature
  • Yoga mat
  • Pedometer for use aboard ship
  • Fitness DVD
  • No-host mini-bar initially stocked with specialty waters
  • Cut-fruit tray at embarkation
  • Invigorating shower head; wooden bathmat; aromatherapy bath salts
  • Room service Spa Breakfast
  • In-Room Spa Menu
  • Spa concierge to book treatments

Dutch -- The interior shots do look nice but I am one of those who will not sail (on a warm weather cruise) with a wading pool on the aft deck. Rumor has it that the last three S class ships will retain the aft pool while the Rotterdam will be converted to a wading pool. I applaud the retention of the aft pool on the Maasdam, Ryndam and Statendam ( if it is true ). What is the inside version as to what is happening.

Maasdam is too far out still to show the "until" and "after" deck plans, but the Ryndam and Statendam coincide with what I have seen in the latest deckplans. Give it a look and see for yourself.

It means that besides the amenities available in every room:

We were on the Veendam from FLL to SDiego in an inside Spa stateroom and we had:

You will have in your SPA stateroom, the following:

• Organic cotton bathrobes and slippers YES
  • iPod® docking station YES
  • In-room slate table-top water feature YES (not working)
  • Yoga mat YES
  • Pedometer for use aboard ship YES
  • Fitness DVD NO
  • No-host mini-bar initially stocked with specialty waters NO
  • Cut-fruit tray at embarkation NO
  • Invigorating shower head; wooden bathmat; aromatherapy bath salts ? Shower head looked like an old one?
    Bathmat:yes,
    bath salts yes (only had a shower?)
  • Room service Spa Breakfast YES
  • In-Room Spa Menu NO
  • Spa concierge to book treatments NO

Well, we had no minibar at all, and also no speciality waters, no fruittray on embarkation, fitness DVD, no special Spa menu or concierge.

Why call an inside cabin a 'Spa cabin'?

no place for to put Yoga mats down, no space for fitness.

Showerhead did not look new or special, not sure if it was different from the others.

Table water feature was not working.

we did get bathsalts, but in a shower???

3 out of the 13 days we had special organic chocolates in the evening, for the rest the usual chocolates.

I have to say we enjoyed the Ipod station

Mali

Thanks! We heard that they removed the desk drawers and so we're hoping to see some more photos of the new Lanai cabins if you get a chance. (... just looking for places to store our stuff on the 35 day we just booked)

Pat

spaverandahsuite.JPG

Look at Dutch's picture of the SPA VERANDAH SUITE shown above.

The lanai cabins on the lower promenade deck have the same arrangement and color scheme (so different from other outside cabins). However the lanai cabins are not as deep as the spa verandah cabins. Look on the left hand side of the photo. the lanai cabins have a very short sofa with no table and lamp by the window. look at the right hand side of the photo. The lanai cabin counter is very short so there are NO drawers under it, but there are 3 small drawers in one of the closets. The lanai cabin door/window is wider and heavily tinted/mirrored.

Thanks for the additional information about the spa cabins. We are not scheduled to go until October (The Blue's Cruise specialty cruise), so hopefully, everything in the room will be up and running. We did get the veranda cabin, not an inside.

Malika - What was the "spa breakfast"?

DBA - Any idea what the "spa menu" was suppose to be? I wasn't sure if they meant a food menu or a spa services menu - like getting a massage in your room instead of in the spa area.

Any clarification would help - I talked my sister and BIL into going with us and getting the same category of room. It's their first cruise and quite a pricy one since it's a charter and I really want them to have a good time and full use of their suite and its ammenities -

Thanks again - I love this site. Everyone is so helpful!

Thanks for this info. We just got moved into a spa cabin and was wondering about all the stuff. I am still laughing about the yoga mat. I have a question about the bed in the picture. Is that a normal sized bed? It looks really short (I guess because of all the pillows?????). It just looks weird to me!

spaverandahsuite.JPG

Look at Dutch's picture of the SPA VERANDAH SUITE shown above.

The lanai cabins on the lower promenade deck have the same arrangement and color scheme (so different from other outside cabins). However the lanai cabins are not as deep as the spa verandah cabins. Look on the left hand side of the photo. the lanai cabins have a very short sofa with no table and lamp by the window. look at the right hand side of the photo. The lanai cabin counter is very short so there are NO drawers under it, but there are 3 small drawers in one of the closets. The lanai cabin door/window is wider and heavily tinted/mirrored.

Thanks so much for the additional info and comparison! You've answered a lot of questions and concerns : )

Pat

Pat

Are you going on the 35 day starting 31st October 2009? If so, please consider joining us on the Roll Call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=888500

Currently we are booked in a D cabin for that sailing but are considering changing to a CA Lanai. We were in a CA for 3 nights San Diego to Vancouver. It seems to me that the outside D has the 6 drawers and long counter above, a little chest and lamp beside the sofa, floor space that is more usable, and sun/natural daylight over the bed. The Lanai CA has more view of the sea and you can walk right out to take a photo or sit. However the cabin is much darker inside, being set back under the lifeboats and having the mirrored glass, but note I've never traveled in a lower prom deck cabin before. It's also quite a bottleneck as you go around the foot of the bed beside the closet, just 17 inches at the narrowest point.

However the Lanai CA is so much cheaper than a balcony cabin and not that much smaller than the VF and VC rooms I've had on Vista ships. It's a good concept.

Jill

Archived