How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

love the topic, mooder... I'm giddy and my cruise isn't for a year and a half. Every time I think of it, my stomach does flip flops with glee. :D

It'll be our first AFT balcony cruise, first balcony, period.. and it's a B2B!!

Edited by AWinkler

Well for a while I wasn't too excited because we were going to Disney first. I just did some basic planning like printing out info on the ports (Europe cruise), buying some books, etc. But now that Disney has come and gone, I am super excited! Joined this site, been posting like crazy, booking tours, etc. And today marks my double digits, 99 days to go! :D

What a great way to experience Europe for the first time!!! I love Disney but it pales now that I have discovered cruising. ;)

love the topic, mooder... I'm giddy and my cruise isn't for a year and a half. Every time I think of it, my stomach does flip flops with glee. :D

It'll be our first AFT balcony cruise, first balcony, period.. and it's a B2B!!

:D We're doing our first AFT balcony, first balcony period too, but it's not a B2B so you've got me beat! I'm glad you have flip flops in your stomach and not stiletto heels. :rolleyes:

:D We're doing our first AFT balcony, first balcony period too, but it's not a B2B so you've got me beat! I'm glad you have flip flops in your stomach and not stiletto heels. :rolleyes:

LMAO... took me about 30 seconds to get your joke... it must be thusday. :p

it must be thusday. :p

Yup, it's Thursday and I wish it were Friday (except that I become old tomorrow :(). Lucky for me we celebrate aging in my family. :D

Edited by bermuder

New Giddy Landmark this morning ... NCL email telling me that my "Welcome Aboard" Kit has been mailed and on it's way ... Now, that was a nice email to wake up to ...

Definitely a giddy moment!! :D Just wait until your neighbors see you dance at the mailbox when it arrives. :)

My pattern:

1. I get very excited just before and after booking. Definitely giddy.

2. Then I level out to a general enjoyment of the boards and researching ports and excursions. This phase can last months.

3. Now, at about three weeks out, I am almost feeling grumpy because it will just never get here. I try to deal with it by being online and making up my packing list. But it all seems hollow right now.

4. The week before I will be very up and excited and packing. That is another GIDDY phase!

5. The night before I am a wreck. I feel awful, knots in stomach, worrying about what I forgot to pack, worrying about timing, feeling it will never happen and wondering why I EVER go on vacation and swearing I never will again. (I know, I am just a tad moody.)

6. The morning of, I let all that worrying go and have a wonderful time no matter what. DEFINITELY GIDDY!!! :D

That's pretty much me...except I don't get the "night before knots". :D I figure as long as I have my passport and credit card, the rest will fall into place!

New Giddy Landmark this morning ... NCL email telling me that my "Welcome Aboard" Kit has been mailed and on it's way ... Now, that was a nice email to wake up to ...

Oh, I forgot about that one! Don't the come with Real Luggage Tags!

Yup, it's Thursday and I wish it were Friday (except that I become old tomorrow :(). Lucky for me we celebrate aging in my family. :D

Happy 30th??????:o

LOL.. Oops.. I'm not laughing at you, Mooder.. I'm laughing near you. :D

I'm confused.. I thought your bday was sometime in June.. What gives?

My pattern:

2. Then I level out to a general enjoyment of the boards and researching ports and excursions. This phase can last months.

3. Now, at about three weeks out, I am almost feeling grumpy because it will just never get here. I try to deal with it by being online and making up my packing list. But it all seems hollow right now.

4. The week before I will be very up and excited and packing. That is another GIDDY phase!

5. The night before I am a wreck. I feel awful, knots in stomach, worrying about what I forgot to pack, worrying about timing, feeling it will never happen and wondering why I EVER go on vacation and swearing I never will again. (I know, I am just a tad moody.)

6. The morning of, I let all that worrying go and have a wonderful time no matter what. DEFINITELY GIDDY!!! :D

Have you been watching me??!! :p

Great thread to start, Bermuder...

I share a lot of the same giddy moments as you and Lowtyd. The biggest for me is probably when I am grocery shopping the week before we leave and I reach for a gallon of milk. When I see the expiration date is past when we leave for the cruise.. well.. I do a little happy dance right there in the grocery store.

The night before we leave I am like most people and can not sleep wondering what I have forgotten to pack.. hoping we don't over sleep and not make it to the airport on time... etc, etc. We usually try to spend a couple of nights in the port town of embarkation and the whole time we are there I keep thinking .... tomorrow at this time we will be onboard the ship... or while having dinner I will think.. tomorrow night we will be dining in Cagneys, etc. So really the whole time I am enjoying the port city, Im spending most of the time thinking of the cruise.. LOL.

I am giddy from the moment I book until about one month before the actual cruise. I have to be ready then. The weeks before are usually wild/crazy/long hours at work periods where I have to be doing so many other things than thinking about the trip. The cruise is how I reward my efforts...and everyone at work does not give me a hard time about taking a vacation afterwards! The giddy-ness returns when the plane pulls out of the gate and takes off. Whatever happens after that is just an adventure!

coka

Edited by coka

auducky, did ya happen to notice that on 99 days before your cruise you made your 99th post on CC? Pretty cool!

Kathy in northern Maine

Well for a while I wasn't too excited because we were going to Disney first. I just did some basic planning like printing out info on the ports (Europe cruise), buying some books, etc. But now that Disney has come and gone, I am super excited! Joined this site, been posting like crazy, booking tours, etc. And today marks my double digits, 99 days to go! :D

What is this? Is it actual 'hard copy' cruise ticket (documents) rather than E-Docs? I prefer to have those rather than e-docs. Seem more 'real' and gives us a souvineer to hang onto. Hmmm....wonder if my TA can score some of those for us?

Kathy in northern Maine

And is it normal to get down about four days after the cruise? A little post-party depression?

I believe that is called PCD---Post Cruise Depression. I have experience it several times myself. On our last cruise it set in even before we left the ship. We were sitting in the buffet waiting for our color to be called for debarkation and DH snapped a pic of us all looking very tired and VERY sad. If I can find it and figure out how to upload it I'll share with you all.

Kathy in northern Maine

Do you think internet in general and CC in particular adds to the giddiness ?

I do. In days of old, we'd go to a TA, book then just wait. We'd send off for some brochures, buy some books etc but nothing compares to the buzz you get from researching on the internet.

My pattern:

I didn't need to read any further...I am right there with you. Tonight I have been up researching Venice; up one day, down the next. Will it ever get here??

Funny, I'm not feeling that way about our Bermuda cruise. I feel it will be very relaxing. Of course, that may change too!

We sound like kindred spirits!:)

What is this? Is it actual 'hard copy' cruise ticket (documents) rather than E-Docs? I prefer to have those rather than e-docs. Seem more 'real' and gives us a souvineer to hang onto. Hmmm....wonder if my TA can score some of those for us?

Kathy in northern Maine

I believe this is a booklet with info about the cruise and the luggage tags. No hard copy tickets.

I am not sure about a time scale. I know I am super excited about our cruise on May 31.

However I also know I am excited about our cruise coming up on Oct. 5 as well. I seem to take 30 minutes a day at least looking at the deck plan and trying to figure out what it is will be like.

I do know that after the cruise, life is not so giddy. Missing that home away from home where there is no pulling the weeds, vacuuming, or washing dishes. Guess I will just have to continuously book cruises so I can maintain at least some low level of giddiness.

Do you think internet in general and CC in particular adds to the giddiness ?

I do. In days of old, we'd go to a TA, book then just wait. We'd send off for some brochures, buy some books etc but nothing compares to the buzz you get from researching on the internet.

I agree... being able to read about how others are getting ready and all of the other things the Internet allows for planning of the trip certainly adds to the giddiness. Hooray for CC

auducky, did ya happen to notice that on 99 days before your cruise you made your 99th post on CC? Pretty cool!

Kathy in northern Maine

And I thought I was the only one who noticed it. :)