How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

Let's see. My plane leaves in 3 hours. A night in NYC and see HAIR on broadway. Then 3 nights in London. Then 12 night Baltic cruise in a suite... Giddy doesn't even seem the right word....

You will be getting off the ship (theoretically) as we are getting on!! Have fun!

Although this thread is almost a year old, I now have an answer.

---------------67 hours before.

I am now officially giddy. Done with work. Just finished packing (busy day tomorrow) and will be in Miami in less than 48 hours

YES.

Praying the ship actually comes to get me this time. I missed the Dawn back in November when it broke down. So I am going to be a first time NCL cruiser again.

Although this thread is almost a year old, I now have an answer.

---------------67 hours before.

I am now officially giddy. Done with work. Just finished packing (busy day tomorrow) and will be in Miami in less than 48 hours

YES.

Praying the ship actually comes to get me this time. I missed the Dawn back in November when it broke down. So I am going to be a first time NCL cruiser again.

Have a great time!!!!

• 11 months later...

It's been a while since we've discussed this so I'm bringing it up again for newbies who might not have chimed in. I'm giddy right now anticipating just a 1 nighter this weekend with some wonderful friends! Is it only Tuesday? :rolleyes:

Usually the morning of embarkation. While I'm researching and definitely looking forward to the cruise, I'm generally too busy to fully enjoy the anticipation. The week prior is always ridiculously busy getting ready to go plus getting work caught up/ahead, so I don't fully get to relax until we're in the port city and ready to board. Once I have my cabin key and head to the gangway the giddiness ensues.

Check with me Sat morning to gauge the giddiness factor. :D

I was giddy yesterday when I bk'd our Feb. 6th, 2013 11 day SC Cruise!:eek::eek::cool:. Always excited to book than ya gotta just keep coming back to CC and see what everyone else is doing until it gets close enough to actually start thinking about lists, how many days ect. ect.! Than I can get giddy all over again!!

The minute that we decide it's time to plan our next cruise...I get on here and start doing my research about which ship I want to cruise on and what islands I want to visit....GIDDY AS CAN BE.

Then the actual booking=nervous as can be. The nervousness continues while I flip back and forth between which excursions to book. Once they are booked...I relax a little bit and just read and take in more info.

Once I get to that month...I'll be a nervous wreck again~ :eek:

• 5 months later...
It's such a good feeling! :D

Good thing there is no one home to hear me singing,

"I feel giddy

Oh so giddy

I feel giddy and witty and gay

And I pity

Any girl who isn't me today

I feel charming

Oh so charming

It's alarming how charming I feel

And so giddy!"

"I feel giddy

Oh so giddy

And I pity

I feel charming

Oh so charming

And so giddy!"

LOL I love it. I wish I could hear you!

We started our countdown ritual this weekend. We leave 4 weeks from Saturday. So I printed out 28 small pictures of images we will see on our trip, strung them up on across a beam in our living room, and we take one down each night to dramatize the time drawing nearer! :o Anyway, now I just might have to sing your song when I am doing it. :D

"I feel giddy

Oh so giddy

And I pity

I feel charming

Oh so charming

And so giddy!"

haha...too funny!

It's so funny that I found this thread today because as I was driving today I was wondering if I was 'abnormal' because I am so excited about leaving in 6 months, yes 6 months for Bermuda lol

I keep telling myself with the holidays being in this time period time will go faster lol I certianly hope so.

Everyday I am here several times a day looking for new things, tips, pointers, whatever I can find to add to my excitement!

Sad thing is, we are also going to Disney in February with the HS band..not that I am not excited about that trip, but my DH just said to me you haven't mentioned Disney at all since you booked the cruise!

Once I print my eDocs my excitement turns to pure annoying giddiness to everyone around me I think! :D

It's so funny that I found this thread today because as I was driving today I was wondering if I was 'abnormal' because I am so excited about leaving in 6 months, yes 6 months for Bermuda lol

I keep telling myself with the holidays being in this time period time will go faster lol I certianly hope so.

Everyday I am here several times a day looking for new things, tips, pointers, whatever I can find to add to my excitement!

Sad thing is, we are also going to Disney in February with the HS band..not that I am not excited about that trip, but my DH just said to me you haven't mentioned Disney at all since you booked the cruise!

Once I print my eDocs my excitement turns to pure annoying giddiness to everyone around me I think! :D

Well, I think you're normal! And only annoying to those not lucky enough to be cruising too! :D