Navigator Review Posted

Here are my thoughts on our Navigator May 10 and May 16 voyages (Funchal to Monte Carlo, then on to Athens). Every cruise tends to be "our favorite cruise" for some reason, and this one definitely did not disappoint:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=55214

Great review especially since you must have been so disappointed that your FL to Iceland trip had been called off. Thank you, azgkrudi, for taking the time to write and share your opinions.

Kristin, thanks for the outstanding review; very well written, detail rich...your passion/affection for the Nav staff & their above & beyond service oozes through..glad Greg and you had a super time...wes

I love to read the whole range of opinion regarding specific cruises but a review like this I enjoy the most. Thank you for the specific, well-supported opinions. Glad to know the food was so good. Glad you observed the vibration wasn't an issue for you. (We had a vibrating cabin on the Voyager and it wasn't an issue for us either.) Those bagpipe sailaways get to me too! I love the intimacy of Navigator. We are booked on Navigator twice in 2010--after the dry dock. I hope I will be writing a review just like yours. Pat

Here are my thoughts on our Navigator May 10 and May 16 voyages (Funchal to Monte Carlo, then on to Athens). Every cruise tends to be "our favorite cruise" for some reason, and this one definitely did not disappoint:

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I miss Paolo and Stefano!!!!!!

I am humbled. Thank you all for your kind words! When I feel strongly about something, people will have to hear about it, whether they want to or not. :)

And Rally, I miss Paolo and Stefano, too............ ;)

We are booked on Navigator again for 2/4/2010, just after its drydock. Can't wait to try Prime 7!

Hi Kristin,

Thanks for the great review. It makes me want to run and book a cruise on Navigator! I have been on Navigator for 2 cruises and in some ways I prefer her to Voyager (I haven't been on Mariner).

Hi Kristin,

Thanks for the great review. It makes me want to run and book a cruise on Navigator! I have been on Navigator for 2 cruises and in some ways I prefer her to Voyager (I haven't been on Mariner).

What Kristen (Mary says "Hi!" =) expressed so beautifully is that it really comes down to the people. Personally, I think Voyager is the best ship (but should reserve judgement --- we are on Mariner for the first time on about 3 weeks =) and the friendly service on all the Regent ships has been superb, but there is something about Paolo and Stefano. . . . . Bella Italia!

Kristin, great report as usual. I noticed you gave the entertainment a "4", though you seemed to like what you attended and said you didn't go to many shows. What were you basing this on (the 4)? The offerings overall?

I love your review. My next Navigator cruise is 6 months away and I cannot wait! Reading your words made it feel closer -

I hope you already know abut this or see this intime to watch or TiVo =)

Saturday, 10:30 p.m., Regent's Navigator will be profiled in the first episode of this new cruise TV show. Pls see link below for more:

Saturday, 10:30 p.m., Regent's Navigator will be profiled in the first episode of this new cruise TV show. Pls see link below for more:

Thanks, Mike! Yes, we did catch that show last night. Isn't it funny how they did the exact itinerary that Greg & I met you & Mary on?

All, thanks for your kind words. I didn't organize it very well but just posted what was still fresh in my mind. I forgot to mention the flight we took on the way there. Colonel Wes from this board had good words to say about SATA Airlines. On the outbound, we flew SATA's business class (at a very affordable fare) from Boston to Funchal (with a 2-hour layover in Ponte del Gado, Azores). The flights were short and sweet, the aircrafts new and comfortable, the food very good, and the service excellent. I felt this was a great alternative to flying all the way to the European mainland and then back-tracking to Funchal. Would fly them again in a heartbeat. Thanks, Wes!

I missed it :( If it on again, If anyone sees it repeated, please post so I can watch it too.

We are on the Navigator in August in the Med and hope our trip goes as well as yours. In view of the "raging" contoversy about dress code, i.e, what is CCC, what did you find men wearing at dinner for both CCC and informal nights? Did everyone adhere to the fully botton down the front shirts or were there collared "golf" shirts worn as well? Thanks for the review, can't wait.

Billybob, this is one cruise where on the whole, guests seemed to really dress up. Most men wore jackets, even on CCC nights. I don't recall seeing any "golf" shirts at night but there could have been and I just didn't notice.

You are in for a real treat - enjoy!

We are on the Navigator in August in the Med and hope our trip goes as well as yours. In view of the "raging" contoversy about dress code, i.e, what is CCC, what did you find men wearing at dinner for both CCC and informal nights? Did everyone adhere to the fully botton down the front shirts or were there collared "golf" shirts worn as well? Thanks for the review, can't wait.

Hi Billybob...we are on the Aug 7th Sailing/Navigator, are you on the same cruise?...I called Regent about the dress code and they were quite specific.

Hi Billybob...we are on the Aug 7th Sailing/Navigator, are you on the same cruise?...I called Regent about the dress code and they were quite specific.

White sportcoat and a pink carnation? =)

Peek-a-boo: We are on the Augist 14 sailing, Athens to Istanbul. Almost no response on the roll call for this cruise. Wish I still had my white sport and blue suede shoes. Can always get a pink carnation. Regent will award a free drink to the first person to name the artists who sang those songs.

Peek-a-boo: We are on the Augist 14 sailing, Athens to Istanbul. Almost no response on the roll call for this cruise. Wish I still had my white sport and blue suede shoes. Can always get a pink carnation. Regent will award a free drink to the first person to name the artists who sang those songs.

Marty Robbins wore a sport coat with a pink carnation when he was all dressed up for the dance, but Elvis always stepped out in his blue suede shoes. Drinks are on me =)

I am happy to hear a good review of the Navigator. I have heard about 10 hour power outages and flooding. We are signed up for 3 Navigator cruises for next year. I was thinking of canceling but have decided to keep them, especially since the ship will also be refurbished in January from what I hear. Thanks for your review.

I am happy to hear a good review of the Navigator. I have heard about 10 hour power outages and flooding. We are signed up for 3 Navigator cruises for next year. I was thinking of canceling but have decided to keep them, especially since the ship will also be refurbished in January from what I hear. Thanks for your review.

PLEASE don't believe everything you read!! We were on in March (the cruise after the BAD reviews) and all I can say is, the cruise could NOT have been any more perfect!! The Navigator is a very special ship, and after 2 very great cruises on her, I would NEVER hesitate to book another. ENJLOY! (We have SEVERAL cruises on both the Voyager and Mariner. The Navigator is JUST as phenomenal!!)

please don't believe everything you read!! We were on in march (the cruise after the bad reviews) and all i can say is, the cruise could not have been any more perfect!! The navigator is a very special ship, and after 2 very great cruises on her, i would never hesitate to book another. Enjloy! (we have several cruises on both the voyager and mariner. The navigator is just as phenomenal!!)

thank you!!

Archived