More Discounts Possible on August Baltics Cruise?

We are new to cruising and RSSC. We have our eye on the August 14th Baltic Cruise. Despite all the special offers, the cruise seems to have a lot of open suites still. Will RSSC go down more than the 50% off they are now offering? By the way, we are willing to risk last minute booking. Or is 50% the most they will discount? If they discount more as we approach the dates, will we be able to get the discounted fare directly through RSSC or do we need to go to a TA? Thanks for the answers in advance?

I've never seen more than the 2 for 1 (50%) discount. In fact, I got an email from Regent this week saying the 2 for 1 rates are going away June 15 and that either "brochure fare" or a < 50% discount rate will apply -depends on the cruise. For the Aug 14 cruise, it says the rate will go to 40% off brochure rate. It looks like most July cruises will go to full brochure rate- they must be getting full. Honestly, I don't see how they can discount past 50% off, free air, free excursions without losing money. At some point they'd be better off leaving the suite empty.

Over many years cruising with Regent and before that Radisson, I have never seen more that 50% off. Could it happen? Doubtful with free excursions and air. This is really a very good deal.

The longer you wait, the higher in category you will have to pay to go for the standard cabins, unless they are offering "guarantee" in a lower category. The standard cabins sell from the "bottom up". On another board, a cruiser commented that the Alaska and Med cruises are getting full, but still openings on the Baltics. I've never seen them stretch it beyond what they have now....free air, free excursions, 2 for 1, and reductions of $500-1000 depending on whether the cruise is 7 days, or more than 10 (or 14?)

Booking with the right TA (who does a lot of business with Regent) will get you a further discount. To my knowledge, you just pay the going rate if booking directly through Regent.

We are new to cruising and RSSC. We have our eye on the August 14th Baltic Cruise. Despite all the special offers, the cruise seems to have a lot of open suites still. Will RSSC go down more than the 50% off they are now offering? By the way, we are willing to risk last minute booking. Or is 50% the most they will discount? If they discount more as we approach the dates, will we be able to get the discounted fare directly through RSSC or do we need to go to a TA? Thanks for the answers in advance?

If you can find a TA who has experience with Regent, you will do much better than booking with Regent. Please do not book a Regent cruise with a clueless TA. A TA should be able to answer all of your questions and possibly include a gift, rebate or online credit for you.

As others have stated, you will not see more of a discount than currently exists. In fact, tomorrow, many of the "special" discounts expire (and Regent is closed -- so, booking cannot be made. Not sure if they can be booked through a TA and still be eligible for the discounts).

Suggest you get going on this ASAP!

I just noticed on the Regent web site that they have extended the deadline for the combined, 2 for 1, free excursion and free air promotion until June 15, 2009.

Dave

Did we see two different things? I saw where "some" cruises (like Alaska) have been extended until June 15th -- not all of them.:confused:

I just noticed on the Regent web site that they have extended the deadline for the combined, 2 for 1, free excursion and free air promotion until June 15, 2009.

Dave

And the 2010 cruises promotions (at least the one I'm considering) have been extended to 9/30/2009

Dave

Did we see two different things? I saw where "some" cruises (like Alaska) have been extended until June 15th -- not all of them.:confused:

Been speed reading again? :D I just said they had extended the deadline of the promotion combining 2 for 1 pricing, free excursions and free air. I didn't say the promotion applied to all cruises. I guess I should have included a link to the web site page explaining the promotion for clarity. :o. (http://www.rssc.com/specials/offers/offer2009.aspx)

Dave

Been speed reading again? :D I just said they had extended the deadline of the promotion combining 2 for 1 pricing, free excursions and free air. I didn't say the promotion applied to all cruises. I guess I should have included a link to the web site page explaining the promotion for clarity. :o. (http://www.rssc.com/specials/offers/offer2009.aspx)

Dave

Combination of speed reading and assuming;)

For anyone who believes that after June 15th Regent will be able to get full brochure price for a cruise I have a bridge to sell you.

Agree!

And also, although I know the conversation here is about 2009 cruises, I just noticed on the Regent website that the booking deadline for 2010 cruises with the "special promotion" has been moved from 5/31/2009 to 9/30/2009.

I doubt if Regent would even know, at this point, what the discounts will be for 2010 (for people booking after 9/30). They need to first see the effects of the economy on their bookings for next year. I agree that it is only wishful thinking in terms of getting the full brochure price for any of their cruises.:confused:

For now, it would be nice if they would come out with a detailed 2010 brochure!

BTW, Prestige Cruise Holdings is owned by Apollo (who is the BIG owner of many, many, many companies). They are the ones holding the purse strings (and have been quite good to Regent in late 2008 and 2009).

Archived