Passport Question

lovebug33

Can you use your passport in stores as ID when you make credit card purchases? I was stupid enough to let my license lapse, and with new homeland security issues, I was issued a temporary huge old piece of paper as my license until I get the new one in THIRTY days! It is a huge pain to carry around and I won't be driving. Do you think I could just use the passport instead? TIA!

Can you use your passport in stores as ID when you make credit card purchases? I was stupid enough to let my license lapse, and with new homeland security issues, I was issued a temporary huge old piece of paper as my license until I get the new one in THIRTY days! It is a huge pain to carry around and I won't be driving. Do you think I could just use the passport instead? TIA!

Yes, it should not be a problem.

I have often used my passport when flying on domestic flights. The TSA looks at it quicker than they do the DL which they closely examine. I have also used it as an ID here in the USA when asked by a merchant for a credit card purchase. As stated below the passport is an international form of ID recognized everywhere. Don't leave home without it!

Archived