Timing for Journey Disembarkation

cluso

Hi,

I am getting ready to buy airline tickets to Copenhagen. If Journey returns at 0700--how early can we get off the ship? Wondering if I have time to make a 1020 flight back to the USA?? :confused:

Hi,

I am getting ready to buy airline tickets to Copenhagen. If Journey returns at 0700--how early can we get off the ship? Wondering if I have time to make a 1020 flight back to the USA?? :confused:

We returned this past Sat. on the Quest. Got into the port around 4:30 a.m. and the first people off were at 6:30. I would think it would take at least an hour, and I am truly guessing, before any passengers could disembark.

We are taking a 11:25 AM flight from Copenhagen to Atlanta on Delta and we feel real comfortable with that timetable. I am a worrywart but would think 10:20 AM would be OK also-just how much you would worry up to that point about it. Good luck!:D

That would be too close for my comfort.

Ship has to go through immigration, etc. If there is any delay in arrival (which sometimes happens) you would miss the flight. I don't know what your other options are, but I would take this only if it was the only option and then hope for the best.

JMO

treasure4two:

That's the flight we really want (it leaves an hour or so after the KLM flight--I'd feel safer). We just booked the July 24th cruise 2 weeks ago and the Delta airfare seems high--$1056 pp to our Florida town. Did you book way early and get a good deal?? I've been checking the flights about 5 times a day.........

Thanks!

treasure4two:

That's the flight we really want (it leaves an hour or so after the KLM flight--I'd feel safer). We just booked the July 24th cruise 2 weeks ago and the Delta airfare seems high--$1056 pp to our Florida town. Did you book way early and get a good deal?? I've been checking the flights about 5 times a day.........

Thanks!

Kim,

What search engine are you using for the flights/prices?

Are you familiar with ITA Software:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch

Paulchili:

I think I have used most of them--ITA gives me the same info.

Leaving VPS to CPH 21 July and returning 5 August.

I don't know how long I should hold out--I usually plan 331 days in advance--but this was a unexpected trip. At least we got a great deal on the ship!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input!

Archived