The World's Longest and Most Picture Laden Miracle Review Ever! May 24-June 1

Nicole721

Nicole,

I know you don't have any kids, but did you by chance grab any club O2 or Circle C capers? Thought maybe just for you to put up on your blog? LOL Just wishful thinking. I will subscribe to your blog to read your disney review, also. Even though we have been to Disney 5 times, in between cruises, My DD wants to go again! We usually go in between cruises. One year disney or some other big parks, one year cruise. This year, only a couple days in Busch Gardens,Va. So I'm going through withdrawal for a REAL vacation that lasts a week and not just a couple of days. Next year is already going to be a cruise year, so maybe 2011 will be Disney again. We'll see. Can't wait to read your last installment. Thanks again. It has been awesome to read. Makes me more and more excited for next year!:D

Yay!! Can't wait to read the Disney one! I am glad I subscribed to your blog!!!

I'm excited to write it! I've written a bunch of cruise reviews, but I've never tackled a Disney review. It'll be a learning process ;)

BTW, Nicole,

I am soooo loving the polka dot bags!!!!! I have to got to get some...and just alternate between what I have now!!! :D

Thanks! But credit for those go to Stephanie because she found them. We never have a problem finding our luggage in the terminal anymore! They stick out like a sore thumb ;)

Nicole,

I know you don't have any kids, but did you by chance grab any club O2 or Circle C capers? Thought maybe just for you to put up on your blog? LOL Just wishful thinking. I will subscribe to your blog to read your disney review, also. Even though we have been to Disney 5 times, in between cruises, My DD wants to go again! We usually go in between cruises. One year disney or some other big parks, one year cruise. This year, only a couple days in Busch Gardens,Va. So I'm going through withdrawal for a REAL vacation that lasts a week and not just a couple of days. Next year is already going to be a cruise year, so maybe 2011 will be Disney again. We'll see. Can't wait to read your last installment. Thanks again. It has been awesome to read. Makes me more and more excited for next year!:D

Sorry I didn't :(

We never went to Disney when we were little (the first time I went was on a choir trip when I was 14) and Mom laments over it constantly so she takes us a lot now that we're adults. We usually do really short stays before or after cruises (we did two weeks back in 2001 and it was WAYYY too long), but last year we did six days and this year, we'll be there for an entire week! Disney had a great promotion going on and we couldn't pass it up. If they didn't offer it, we likely would have skipped Disney this year and just would have done a short visit when we do the Dream next year since it'll be out of Orlando.

I'm excited to write it! I've written a bunch of cruise reviews, but I've never tackled a Disney review. It'll be a learning process ;)

Thanks! But credit for those go to Stephanie because she found them. We never have a problem finding our luggage in the terminal anymore! They stick out like a sore thumb ;)

Sorry I didn't :(

We never went to Disney when we were little (the first time I went was on a choir trip when I was 14) and Mom laments over it constantly so she takes us a lot now that we're adults. We usually do really short stays before or after cruises (we did two weeks back in 2001 and it was WAYYY too long), but last year we did six days and this year, we'll be there for an entire week! Disney had a great promotion going on and we couldn't pass it up. If they didn't offer it, we likely would have skipped Disney this year and just would have done a short visit when we do the Dream next year since it'll be out of Orlando.

Thanks anyway, Nicole. I knew it was a long shot. Have a great time in Disney. Say Hi to Mickey and the gang for us!:D

GREAT review. I've been holding my breath waiting for the final couple of chapters. You have quite a flair for writing, I thoroughly enjoyed every page.

Thanks again for taking the time, and pictures! :)

Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed it :)

was loving it until I read your Pennsylvania description -http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon8.gif-- black hole --- pictures look like the hills of ireland to me http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Sorry! The only state that I've driven through that was worse than PA is Indiana. But driving through Indiana is a necessary evil every time I drive to FL. No offense to anyone from Indiana (I have family there so I've been there many times), but the drive sucks LOL. I'll drive through PA a thousand times in a row if it meant never having to drive through Indiana again (which I will in three weeks :eek: ).

But seriously...while the scenery is nice enough, there's no rest stops and it's a super long drive.

Thanks anyway, Nicole. I knew it was a long shot. Have a great time in Disney. Say Hi to Mickey and the gang for us!:D

Will do! :)

I've got to put up some pics on the blog of the tie dye me and Stephanie have been doing for our trip. We figured out how to tie dye Mickey heads and they're the CUTEST things ever! And she made Grandma the CUTEST Mickey tee shirt.

PART 12 IS UP!

Thanks, everyone, for hanging in there with me on this one and especially for all of the comments and feedback. There will be one more part (final thoughts and stuff I forgot to write about) and I'll try to get the Capers up at some point, hopefully before I leave for Disney in three weeks (which I'll be writing about on my blog...if you want to follow it, you can subscribe to my blog or bookmark it since I can't update about it here :( ).

Part 12: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-12.html

Part 11: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-11.html

Part 10: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-10.html

Part 9: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-9.html

Part 8: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-8.html

Part 7: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-7.html

Part 6: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-6.html

Part 5: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-5.html

Part 4: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-4.html

Part 3: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-3.html

Part 2: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-2.html

Part 1: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-1.html

Nicole

Thank you got the lengthy reviews and beautiful pics, you did a fantastic job, best I ever read. We are sailing the Miracle in Sept, its a first on Carnival for us. I was hesitant not sailing the ship before but not after reading your post----

We booked am 8b balcony guar and were upgraded to an 8H EB, very happy about the upgrade. Wanted to know if you could answer a ? for me.

The cabin is more inward between the jutted out cabins, will this obstruct our view and block the sun. Heard it had a overhang.

thanks in advance.

Nicole -

I am LOVING your blog!! Grew up in Chicago - and have NEVER had a desire to go to New York as an adult until I read your report there!

Sounds like fun ... (and not as spooky as I imagined .. hahahaha)

Looking forward to your next trip!! I want to get back to Disney soon!

We're taking our first cruise in less than 3 weeks ...

It will be my son and I ... and my sis and her family...

DS and I are more your Mom's age than yours - but I have fun reading your and Stephanie's different takes on things! Sort of like my sis and I when we were young!

Thank you for an enjoyable evening of reading!!!!

Pam

LOL you posted such a nice picture of my bedhead. I couldn't help it that I woke up so early but at least we got some clear shots of the statue of liberty without all the gross rain in the background like sail away! Also, you forgot to put about the very nice purser guy that when we went to put the luggage in the car, he stopped me and said that I was still on vacation and he would take care of it!!! That left me with such warm and fuzzies of New York :)

Edited by frazzledrazzle16

Also, you forgot to put about the very nice purser guy that when we went to put the luggage in the car, he stopped me and said that I was still on vacation and he would take care of it!!! That left me with such warm and fuzzies of New York :)

She did! See quote from her blog:

There were many porters, all very friendly, offering to help us. Mom already grabbed one and he was just SO nice. We have very distinctive luggage so we had no problem finding our luggage quickly and heading up to the parking deck. Most porters would just leave your luggage on the ground by the car. This one wanted to load up our car for us AND help us get grandma situated because he said we were still on vacation.

LOL yeah I guess I just read it too fast! But still, I don't think enough emphasis was put on how nice this guy was... I started loading up the trunk with luggage and he took it out of my hands and forbid me to do it!Those New Yorkers can be pushy!! ;):)

Nicole

Thank you got the lengthy reviews and beautiful pics, you did a fantastic job, best I ever read. We are sailing the Miracle in Sept, its a first on Carnival for us. I was hesitant not sailing the ship before but not after reading your post----

We booked am 8b balcony guar and were upgraded to an 8H EB, very happy about the upgrade. Wanted to know if you could answer a ? for me.

The cabin is more inward between the jutted out cabins, will this obstruct our view and block the sun. Heard it had a overhang.

thanks in advance.

Thanks!

Our cabin was inward, too. It didn't really block the sun, you won't get direct sun like you would up on Lido (but I don't think any cabins, except for maybe the aft ones, get direct sun) and there wasn't really a blocked view, either. I will say, though, that anyone who thinks they have "privacy" on their balconies should re-think that since we could see onto most of those jutted out balconies :eek: I think I posted pics of the overhang in the Nassau part. Yes, there is a large overhang. We were glad for it, though, as we had quite a bit of rain on our trip and it kept our balcony 100% dry.

Have a great trip!!! :)

Nicole -

I am LOVING your blog!! Grew up in Chicago - and have NEVER had a desire to go to New York as an adult until I read your report there!

Sounds like fun ... (and not as spooky as I imagined .. hahahaha)

Looking forward to your next trip!! I want to get back to Disney soon!

We're taking our first cruise in less than 3 weeks ...

It will be my son and I ... and my sis and her family...

DS and I are more your Mom's age than yours - but I have fun reading your and Stephanie's different takes on things! Sort of like my sis and I when we were young!

Thank you for an enjoyable evening of reading!!!!

Pam

Thanks, Pam!

I never really had a desire to go to NYC, either, since I have such a fantastic city in my backyard (well, plus a few miles LOL), but Stephanie really did. I really, really enjoyed my time in New York, but I'm still partial to Sweet Home Chicago ;) There's just a different feel to the city.

First cruises are so exciting...I really wish I remembered more about mine (and it wasn't even that long ago!). Take lots of pictures and enjoy it!

LOL you posted such a nice picture of my bedhead. I couldn't help it that I woke up so early but at least we got some clear shots of the statue of liberty without all the gross rain in the background like sail away! Also, you forgot to put about the very nice purser guy that when we went to put the luggage in the car, he stopped me and said that I was still on vacation and he would take care of it!!! That left me with such warm and fuzzies of New York :)

Yeah yeah yeah :cool:

Great Review! It's so long!!!

Don't I know it ;) Glad you liked it!

Thanks for setting her straight...I knew I put that in somewhere! I had to...she talked about him every time someone asked us about our trip ;)

LOL yeah I guess I just read it too fast! But still, I don't think enough emphasis was put on how nice this guy was... I started loading up the trunk with luggage and he took it out of my hands and forbid me to do it!Those New Yorkers can be pushy!! ;):)

"Read it too fast..." or just looked at the pictures without reading the text :eek: Kidding, kidding.

Nicole

Thanks for your review, enjoyed it very much, especially the food pics.

I may have missed this in your review, but can you tell me what time did they start boarding ? And, did you see anything regarding VIP boarding ?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Great blog Nicole. I enjoyed it all the way through.

I have to say reading the last part was just as depressing as being there myself and it being the disembarkation day.

I'm looking forward to your Disney review.

Nicole - did you know your blog/review was mentioned on an anti-cruise, black and blue, website? And not in a nice way either:mad: I haven't sailed CCL in years, but reading reviews like yours, especially with all the pictures, really makes me want to jump on board and try them again. I loved your review and have your blog bookmarked to watch for future reviews.

I saw your reveiw. Were you at DW last year I thought my wife and I met you waiting for the fireworks in Epcot. Read your reveiw it was great If it was not you we met then you have a twin walking around that is also from Chicago.:)

Mike & Cindy

Nicole

Thanks for your review, enjoyed it very much, especially the food pics.

I may have missed this in your review, but can you tell me what time did they start boarding ? And, did you see anything regarding VIP boarding ?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Thanks, Ed! Boarding started right after we checked in and got our keys, which was probably around 11:30 (I have a pic of Stephanie in the atrium from 11:45...gotta love EXIF data LOL). They had a wedding party board first (they boarded to a round of applause, which was kind of fun), then they boarded special assistance (which we were boarding with), and then they boarded VIP's.

Great blog Nicole. I enjoyed it all the way through.

I have to say reading the last part was just as depressing as being there myself and it being the disembarkation day.

I'm looking forward to your Disney review.

I had trouble saying goodbye to my gigantor balcony :( But at that point, I just kind of wanted to be home already, you know? Get started on planning the next one and all ;)

Nicole - did you know your blog/review was mentioned on an anti-cruise, black and blue, website? And not in a nice way either:mad: I haven't sailed CCL in years, but reading reviews like yours, especially with all the pictures, really makes me want to jump on board and try them again. I loved your review and have your blog bookmarked to watch for future reviews.

Eh. No, I didn't know, but I don't think I care enough to know. I've been writing for awhile now and it's so easy for cowards to criticize and say nasty things about someone they don't know to make themselves feel better when they're hiding behind an anonymous internet handle. I used to keep a blog for a newspaper here in Chicago and I'd get my fair share of nasty comments, but it doesn't really bother me. I laugh them off for the most part. I'm a journalist- I have thick skin ;) I just think these kinds of people are pathetic and I feel bad for the pathetic lives they must lead if they have nothing better to do than spew vitriol under an anonymous name.

But...I'm very glad you enjoyed my review :) I'm looking forward to trying some new lines once we hit platinum (we're so close that we're just going to keep going until we hit platinum before we expand to trying some other cruise lines), but I think we'll probably always come back to Carnival. It was our first cruise line and until we have a horrid experience to hold us away (like we did on Princess, though we're just now starting to "get over it" and consider Princess again), we'll probably always come back to it every once in awhile :)

I saw your reveiw. Were you at DW last year I thought my wife and I met you waiting for the fireworks in Epcot. Read your reveiw it was great If it was not you we met then you have a twin walking around that is also from Chicago.:)

Mike & Cindy

We were! We were in Disney early last August :) Not sure if it's the same time you were, but wouldn't it be a small world? :p

Before leaving on the Miracle on 7/11, your review was "required" reading for my whole group. The review was great and gave us a lot of tips. Thanks.

After a bad experience on Carnival in 2006, I was thrilled with the inprovement on all fronts. The ship was spotless, the food teriffic, and the cruise director was great.

Have fun at WDW. I'll be down there again in August, too. Here's a tip for going in August. Get to the parks at opening and go back to the hotel for lunch. After lunch, go swimming or lounge around until 5 ish. Head back to the parks after that. This helps beat the heat and the crowds. While there, look into the Disney Vacation Club. For someone who travels a lot, it might be worth it

We were! We were in Disney early last August :) Not sure if it's the same time you were, but wouldn't it be a small world? :p

Yes its a small world when my wife and I were reading your reveiw I said I know this person and my wife yes we talked to them at the mexican place in epcot while we were waiting for the fireworks. We were down there in August of last year. You guys sat at a table and we offered an extra chair and we started talking about where we were from and both said Chicago. Someone in your party had a motor scooter and you guys gave me some info about renting them cuz my mother-in-law would like to go to DW but can't walk cuz her leg was fused. How cool we would meet on good old Cruise Critic. We are planing our second cruse again in October and then it's DW again next year.:)

Mike & Cindy

Before leaving on the Miracle on 7/11, your review was "required" reading for my whole group. The review was great and gave us a lot of tips. Thanks.

After a bad experience on Carnival in 2006, I was thrilled with the inprovement on all fronts. The ship was spotless, the food teriffic, and the cruise director was great.

Have fun at WDW. I'll be down there again in August, too. Here's a tip for going in August. Get to the parks at opening and go back to the hotel for lunch. After lunch, go swimming or lounge around until 5 ish. Head back to the parks after that. This helps beat the heat and the crowds. While there, look into the Disney Vacation Club. For someone who travels a lot, it might be worth it

Thanks for the tips! It's still a few years off for me, but it'll be DVC or I'll be looking into buying property in Florida. It's a "thing" in our family- my grandma and all of her sisters and brother all own property in Florida, my Mom used to, and so it's something I want to do, too. But if the housing market starts booming when I start looking to buy, I'll probably go the DVC route since I usually visit Disney at least once a year.

They actually just expanded the August hours (if you haven't seen them yet). I'm kind of worried about grandma in the heat, but she did fine last year and she goes back to the hotel to rest for a few hours in the afternoon or early evening (and I might join her for a nap :p ).

Yes its a small world when my wife and I were reading your reveiw I said I know this person and my wife yes we talked to them at the mexican place in epcot while we were waiting for the fireworks. We were down there in August of last year. You guys sat at a table and we offered an extra chair and we started talking about where we were from and both said Chicago. Someone in your party had a motor scooter and you guys gave me some info about renting them cuz my mother-in-law would like to go to DW but can't walk cuz her leg was fused. How cool we would meet on good old Cruise Critic. We are planing our second cruse again in October and then it's DW again next year.:)

Mike & Cindy

Very cool indeed :D

We weren't planning on going to Disney again this year (we were going to wait until we go on the Dream and then do a trip before or after), but with the 4/3 deal they had, we couldn't pass it up!