January Transatlantic

JDRMYS

Now that the QE2 is out of service, it seems that the annual January transatlantic crossing is no more. What a pity! I wish that Cunard would rethink this.

Now that the QE2 is out of service, it seems that the annual January transatlantic crossing is no more. What a pity! I wish that Cunard would rethink this.

I made QV's 2009 January westbound and loved it and hopefully can look forward to the same in 2010. The ship is ever so well suited for continuous days at sea with lots of cozy lounges to spend the day reading, chatting, having a snack, drink as well as a good enrichment program, if anyone gets my drift.

The crossing was rough, upwards of Force 8 on several days, and the ship rode better than I would have expected. She may not be QE2 but the tradition remains alive and the rates are low.

I made QV's 2009 January westbound and loved it and hopefully can look forward to the same in 2010. The ship is ever so well suited for continuous days at sea with lots of cozy lounges to spend the day reading, chatting, having a snack, drink as well as a good enrichment program, if anyone gets my drift.

The crossing was rough, upwards of Force 8 on several days, and the ship rode better than I would have expected. She may not be QE2 but the tradition remains alive and the rates are low.

Cunard's rates are presently sky high on the QV WB for Jan 2010. Even the past pax rates. $3000+ USD for a minimum inside single??????????? $1800+ USD double.

QM2's EB Jan 2010 rates are much more reasonable.

Babette

and a westbound on QV leaving Southampton January 4, though seeing a QV is not a liner, this would be a winter cruise rather than a winter crossing.:p

Vickie in the North Atlantic in January!!!!! OMG! I bet they cross by way of Barbados.

J.

Ah, yes, I remember it well!

Several winter-crossing folk were on; full-enjoyment received.

Again in 2010? Of course!

As Vic says: (Well, BOOK IT! ;))

:)

Cunard's rates are presently sky high on the QV WB for Jan 2010. Even the past pax rates. $3000+ USD for a minimum inside single??????????? $1800+ USD double.

QM2's EB Jan 2010 rates are much more reasonable.

Babette

I think what happens - maybe as last year - Cunard tries to sell Q's longer legs such as Southampton - West Coast etc. then when those bookings slow down by the end early autumn, they offer low-price deals to fill the transat leg. The rates in 2009 Soton-New York were rock bottom for Brits and often included air and NYC hotel packages.

Archived