Sailing from Miami?

rabbit72

I am sailing from Miami on 10/05/09, my question is does anybody have any suggestions for us to do when we come back to Miami since our flights are late afternoon and I'm sure we will be off the ship early? Wouldn't want to go and sit in the airport all day. Anything at all will help us.:confused:

Thanks,

Brenda

I am sailing from Miami on 10/05/09, my question is does anybody have any suggestions for us to do when we come back to Miami since our flights are late afternoon and I'm sure we will be off the ship early? Wouldn't want to go and sit in the airport all day. Anything at all will help us.:confused:

Thanks,

Brenda

I posted a massive post on things to do in Miami and now I cannot find it. Weird?

Thanks,

Brenda

We also had a later flight out of Fort Lauderdale on our last cruise from Miami.

We rented a car from Thrifty and drove up the A1A stopping at the beach for a bit and had a nice lunch out too. Free shuttle picked us up at the port and we returned the car to the airport in plenty of time for our flight. It didn't cost much for the rental, under $50, had plenty of room for our luggage and we were free to enjoy the day.

Other things Ive enjoyed in Miami are

Vizcaya http://www.vizcayamuseum.org/

Driving around/having lunch in South Beach and/or visit one of the great Art Deco hotels for a drink or lunch.

That's silly, you are as unbiased as they come.

You hate Downtown Miami ALL the time. LOL

LOL! I don't hate downtown Miami ALL of the time I just think there are better areas! Believe it or not there are some beautiful areas of downtown, the historic district, one of the largest libraries in the US, waterfront parks, American Airlines Arena, etc.

Downtown Miami kind of sold its soul and then the crime came in.

One day it will be something spectacular.

We always stay in South Beach the night before our cruises, and we love that area. It's kind of touristy, but the Lincoln Road area has great cafes/restaurants and is great people watching too! And South Beach is just a must-see. You can just take a cab.

Have fun!

Another vote for South Beach. It is so close to the terminal. As noted lots of people watching. We will be staying in S.B. the night we get off our cruise in 2 weeks. There is also a boat tour of Biscayne bay you can take that leaves from the area.

Enjoy

Another vote for South Beach. It is so close to the terminal. As noted lots of people watching. We will be staying in S.B. the night we get off our cruise in 2 weeks. There is also a boat tour of Biscayne bay you can take that leaves from the area.

Enjoy

Where are you staying in South Beach?? Have have looked at so many hotels and can't make up my mind. I think I would like to be on Ocean Drive but need some recommendations from people who have actually stayed there.

Thanks!

Downtown Miami kind of sold its soul and then the crime came in.

I grew up in Miami (born 1946) and trust me, downtown was NEVER interesting, though it was safer when I was a kid. I spent a lot of time there as a child, because the only places that were air-conditioned 50 years ago were the movie theaters, Burdine's department store, and the (long gone) public library in Bayfront Park. None of my schools were air-conditioned, and I spent years watching sweat drip off my nose onto my schoolwork, where it would wreak havoc on the writing done with my fountain pen.

i like the idea of a post cruise excursion..

try the Everglades tour..i have a slide show posted of our

visit there..if you go try their fried gator tenders..

the Everglades tour go s right by the airport..

just remember your luggage will be traveling with you..

Thank you for all the suggestions, you have given me a lot to think about. I don't suppose there is a place at or near the port to store our luggage? :confused:

Brenda

I don't know if Carnival will do the luggage staright to the airport for you. Some ships allow you to send your luggage right to the airline. You'd have to ask on the Carnival line board ...and give the name of the airline too as some don't allow that.

Otherwise, no there is no place for holding luggage. I think the airline will let you personally check it 3 hours in advance.

Your best bet is to do a ship's tour as then your bags are kept on the bus for you.

How late is your flight? Remember to be at the airport at least an hour and a half early. Too, there are many stores and restaurants in the airport to hang in to use up time.

Archived